Weider HSV DLC. thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRocket77
  • 92 comments
  • 8,173 views
Messages
283
United States
California
Messages
RoadRocket77
I absolutely love the car, but PD, Why did you not get the sound right on this of all cars? it's located in japan right in your backyard. watch a youtube video or go to the track. this car sounds like an F1 dream machine... in the game in sounds like the sound is a mix of M3 GTR and GT500 NSX sounds... puke.👎

Here's what it needs to sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMkVucBp3Y&feature=related


I still can't figure out how to bind the actual video to the thread... so, I'll just put up a link.
 
Well, I think the new Honda is awesome. Decent speed, great acceleration, beautiful grip and great handling. Mind you, the sound is a bit disappointing and the structural bars in cockpit view can block the view a little. Mind you, I think it's worth the price of admission.
 
I absolutely love the car, but PD, Why did you not get the sound right on this of all cars? it's located in japan right in your backyard. watch a youtube video or go to the track. this car sounds like an F1 dream machine... in the game in sounds like the sound is a mix of M3 GTR and GT500 NSX sounds... puke.👎

Here's what it needs to sound like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKMkVucBp3Y&feature=related


I still can't figure out how to bind the actual video to the thread... so, I'll just put up a link.

Just copy this PKMkVucBp3Y out of the link and click on the youtube icon
to make this:


I am seriously desapoint on PD's team lack of interest on the sound department...
I just hope they wake up for GT6 :nervous:
 
It is a really fun car and a blast to drive and has none of the twitchiness of the NSX's. I don't care much about the sound.
 
I got a good tune on this car. it got a 1:32.xxx on tokyo R246 at 625 PP. about a second faster than my fastest NSX. it loves the ring.
 
It looks great, exactly like the real one (in a typical PD fashion). It sounds nowhere close to the real one (in a typical PD fashion).
 
It drives fantastic!
 
RoadRocket77
I got a good tune on this car. it got a 1:32.xxx on tokyo R246 at 625 PP. about a second faster than my fastest NSX. it loves the ring.

Any chance you can post that tune? At 600pp Its 2 seconds a lap slower than my fto super touring car but with a good tune I think it will be quicker.
 
Its a very good car to drive but I also don't like the paint scheme
 
Drives great, even with a setup near to stock


OHM_fusion
It looks great, exactly like the real one (in a typical PD fashion). It sounds nowhere close to the real one (in a typical PD fashion).
 
One word:

"Sexy."
 
I like it. I love the feel of it when driving, my only gripe (non sound related, everyone's harping on that) is the rollcage inside, but of course that's in the real thing, I assume, so even that doesn't matter too much.
 
Fantastic car,
Crap ugly sound.

All that 3D modelling uber details ruined by some lame decisions.
 
I hope PD reads this stuff because I know that they will do something about the sound if they get enough criticism.

If they fix it, I'll buy it. If they don't, I'll keep my hopes high for GT6. Is not like there is much to do with the car anyway. Other than take pictures, of course since it's a really good looking car.
 
Any chance you can post that tune? At 600pp Its 2 seconds a lap slower than my fto super touring car but with a good tune I think it will be quicker.

yeah i tested it at High Speed Ring 57.507 just dont seem right
 
2 seconds slower in comparison to Xanavi Z and GTR (2:05 @ Suzuka), while Weider only managed 2:07 with the same exact settings.
 
I hope PD reads this stuff because I know that they will do something about the sound if they get enough criticism.

If they fix it, I'll buy it. If they don't, I'll keep my hopes high for GT6. Is not like there is much to do with the car anyway. Other than take pictures, of course since it's a really good looking car.

Same, only car in the DLC that I wanted - till I heard it - I'm voting with my wallet this time, Pd if you want my money, then give the car sounds similar attention to detail as the modelling.
I've bought all your games up to now, and if the sounds and AI don't finally get some love then I'm definitely not buying GT6.
haha, not that it matters, it'll prob sell in the millions based on the name and uber shiny graphics regardless. :)
 
I've dropped an Epson NSX circuit tune on mine and it's a stunning handler, even better when it gave up the goods and finally unlocked 741bhp for me. Rock solid with a ds3, no srf or tcs and made me smile,,,, just a little though.
The big letdown really is the sound. It's nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, after watching the videos that came out before I got the car today. Don't get me wrong, it is 'good', especially when you get it into the redline, but still not the awesomeness that an authentic recording of the car would have been, such a shame. (also rather disappointed by the "play-do" damage modelling. I thought we were past that level of inadequacy by now!)
 
Car handles very well...it is beautiful...BUT the engine sound is the worst in the entire market and the base gearbox is wrong.

I actually bought it for having it in the game...the same with the other 2 cars.
 
Great feeling at Vmax at LeSarthe, Handled Splendidly on LagunaSeca and NurbV but engine notes are truly Synthetic. PD is becoming to good at underachieveing. :(
 
With all add on parts stock susp, custom lsd and aero handles great,i cant wait to see what it can do with a proper full setup .once i have the time to lol .ill be driving it more .
 
I am seriously desapoint on PD's team lack of interest on the sound department...
I just hope they wake up for GT6 :nervous:

Like how there is 1 collision sound effect "THUMP" :D
 
Has anyone other than myself seen the very weird collision bug?
 
It's a bit of a slug in Super GT out of the box, my Best Bobs could only get 3rd in the Suzuka BSpec 30 lapper. Only 585 PP as delivered. Sounds OK to me, ,I usually have the PD elevator music louder anyways.
 
Has anyone other than myself seen the very weird collision bug?

I just did. Grazed a wall at Suzuka, and some weird glitchy pixels came out of the car before the visual damage appeared.
 
For those that haven't experienced yet another pure gold PD phenomena:

TokyoR246_zps7b46c565.jpg


I think it's winking at me...
 
2 seconds slower in comparison to Xanavi Z and GTR (2:05 @ Suzuka), while Weider only managed 2:07 with the same exact settings.

May I ask what those settings were?

On-line/off-line?
Aids?
Gripreduction?
Stock or upgraded car?
Tires?
Fuel/tire wear?

Cause if I recall, I've seen stock NISMO Z's (premium) lapping around Suzuka on Racing Hards in 1:55's..
Same for the GT-R's.
 
Back