Weider HSV DLC. thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRocket77
  • 92 comments
  • 8,173 views
The thing I like about the Honda is , when you up the power ( bhp ) the car is still very calm and controlled with a basic set up. It has to be one of the best JTCC cars to drive at the moment.

I have been having some fun with the BRZ , using a Toyota 86 set up. I think it would make a good drift/Touge car.
 
Any chance you can post that tune? At 600pp Its 2 seconds a lap slower than my fto super touring car but with a good tune I think it will be quicker.

I do not have a good layout for 600 PP at the moment... I'm gonna buy another one and purpose build it for 600 PP. The FTO touring car is a hell of a car to beat with a low torque rear-drive car... not to mention, the FTO is about 200 kg's lighter than the honda, but I'll get back to you with a tune.
 
If anybody has tuned their HSV for 625PP, post your lap time around the nurburgring. My best time so far... (Online) was a 6:12.xxx. I think I can improve on that time... kinda screwed up a few corners before the end of the lap.
For tokyo, I broke into the league car lap times with a 1:32.xxx. My NSX-R race car was getting around 1:33.9xx.
 
the sound of the "real one" they could of dumbed down the sound of the X1 it would have been closer then the GTR sounding one they have
 
Tilemaxx
All stock, Racing Hard, ASM on, ABS +1, everything else off.

You definitely need to turn ASM OFF!
 
Tilemaxx
It's near impossible to lap Suzuka under 2 minutes with those cars. I don't know, maybe with a steering wheel...

I can get 1.55's with DS3 (GT-R, NSX, not tried HSV Yet)
 
Driving it is easy on stock tires, should I go on worse or it's the car itself?
 
Just tried HSV stock but RS tyres 594PP @ 507bhp on Suzuka 1.56.4 so it is slightly slower than NSX and GT-R.
But all at 600PP should be close.

Edit: Full Downforce, 504bhp @ 600PP 1.55.3

Same as i can get with NSX & GT-R
 
Last edited:
I can get 1.55's with DS3 (GT-R, NSX, not tried HSV Yet)

My best is 1:53.8 with the Calsonic Gtr, online, with ds3 and all aids off except for abs 1.

Running with 1100 kg and 493hp.
 
I like it... it looks great and handles great, sounds OK to me, well worth the US$0.99
But that's a very funny bug on the bonnet, never seen a bug look like that.
 
jucksmanBR
My best is 1:53.8 with the Calsonic Gtr, online, with ds3 and all aids off except for abs 1.

Running with 1100 kg and 493hp.

Goes without saying, all aids off, in slipstream online 1.53's should be possible yes.
Not to mention if tuning is done to suspension, tranny etc.
 
I'm in the high 1:36s on Fuji F (the one with the chicane) after 5laps, offline, no aids except ABS 1, race hard tyres and power set to 500hp.

With some other SuperGT cars I can do 1:35s times. The HSV just understeers a little bit more than a standard NSX or GT-R.
 
dr_slump
I'm in the high 1:36s on Fuji F (the one with the chicane) after 5laps, offline, no aids except ABS 1, race hard tyres and power set to 500hp.

With some other SuperGT cars I can do 1:35s times. The HSV just understeers a little bit more than a standard NSX or GT-R.

I'll have a go in a minute, i like seeing how i compare to others, no fun since the TT weekly thread got abandoned cause the #&@=+*# mod moved it where no one could find it:-[
 
Last edited:
dr_slump
I'm in the high 1:36s on Fuji F (the one with the chicane) after 5laps, offline, no aids except ABS 1, race hard tyres and power set to 500hp.

With some other SuperGT cars I can do 1:35s times. The HSV just understeers a little bit more than a standard NSX or GT-R.

I can only get 1.39.4 with totally stock car, no settings changes at all.
I can't be nearly 3 secs off surely, its one of my fave tracks.?
 
Last edited:
I can only get 1.39.4 with totally stock car, no settings changes at all.
I can't be nearly 3 secs off surely, its one of my fave tracks.?
Nah I'm sorry, I put a decent tune on it and drove another 5laps -> 1:36.132

But I screwed the last corner badly, therefore it should have been a 1:35. I slowly start to believe that it's all up to the tune. With a good tune it might be faster than a GT-R and nearly as fast as a standard NSX. And it's a very lovely car to drive, so I'm happy with the dlc.


EDIT: Since you live in the UK, want the replay (PAL)?
 
Give me a few minutes and ill see if i can get close with a tune.
You are on RH tyres and have no engine stage 3 or turbo and limited?
 
Give me a few minutes and ill see if i can get close with a tune.
You are on RH tyres and have no engine stage 3 or turbo and limited?
RH tyres, no turbo but engine stages (can't remove them) - limited to 500hp.

No thats not the one, ha, don't try and be clever next time lol.
I thought you were in it, the one done by LMP787B about 6 months ago, think it closed.
Oh I edited the post, you were too quick

But perhaps you find it there:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search.php?searchid=7078098
 
dr_slump
RH tyres, no turbo but engine stages (can't remove them) - limited to 500hp.
]

Don't put them on? LoL

Ok ill go put eng stage 3 on and see what we can come up with, i like a good old TT.
 
1st lap out 1.37.7, just a bit more tuning, still pushing wide.

Problem is im no good at tuning in GT5, things just don't react how they should irl.

Is your PSN dr_slump?
Can't see cos i'm using the gtplanet app.

Nice¬
 
Last edited:
1st lap out 1.37.7, just a bit more tuning, still pushing wide.
Just drove a 1:35:542 with the same config. If you find a sweet tune this car is a beast.
 
Found your ID, You got maximum friends though.
 
Having trouble getting into the 36's!

Bits of understeer and going straight on under braking are my problems.
 
Awesome but like the OP says the sound sucks like hell
 
Woah... Didn't expect that it will sound THAT close to an F1 car.
 
What a machine! Great handling, nice visuals especially its steering wheel. Definitely worthy of its price.
 
Back