Weider HSV DLC. thoughts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRocket77
  • 92 comments
  • 8,173 views
Terronium-12
For those that haven't experienced yet another pure gold PD phenomena:

I think it's winking at me...

Ahhhh it's a decepticon!
 
For those complaining about the sound, I hope you realise that sound heard as a spectator is vastly different from sound heard as a driver or sound heard at the exhaust. The doppler effect as spectator and selective shielding of certain frequency within the cockpit would greatly distort what you hear. As such, I am predisposed to assume that PD has more priviledged access and perhaps better microphone than spectators had with a run-of-the-mill videocamera.

As an example, try listening to the Boeing 747 as passenger and then as part of send off party. The sound received is dramatically different and the doppler effect would be super evident. If the Boeing flight simulator gives you sound like what you experience as spectator, it would sound at once awesome and unrealistic.

You can conduct your own test with your own car. Get someone to record your car sound at near redline at low gear down a stretch as spectator and put a recorder in your own car plus one at the bonnet. It could raise some eyebrows on the difference.
 
Orly? Dude the sound sucks ass.
 
Last edited:
For those complaining about the sound, I hope you realise that sound heard as a spectator is vastly different from sound heard as a driver or sound heard at the exhaust. The doppler effect as spectator and selective shielding of certain frequency within the cockpit would greatly distort what you hear. As such, I am predisposed to assume that PD has more priviledged access and perhaps better microphone than spectators had with a run-of-the-mill videocamera.

As an example, try listening to the Boeing 747 as passenger and then as part of send off party. The sound received is dramatically different and the doppler effect would be super evident. If the Boeing flight simulator gives you sound like what you experience as spectator, it would sound at once awesome and unrealistic.

You can conduct your own test with your own car. Get someone to record your car sound at near redline at low gear down a stretch as spectator and put a recorder in your own car plus one at the bonnet. It could raise some eyebrows on the difference.

The sound inside and when heard outside is different, but some GT5 players who complained about the sound forget this, they showed the video of the real car heard from the outside, then compare it to the sound on GT5 when inside the cockpit. Well, in GT5 both inside and outside often worst than the real life anyway and what's bothering me is that most GT5 players who complained wanted the sound like in FM4, while in reality inside and outside the car, the sound is like this example :

Watch till the end to know how great the sound from inside and outside with good recording



Now, imagine that kind of sound in GT5, I am guessing there will still be complainers who think the sound is not good enough.
 
Best car out of the 3 IMO, its a fun car to drive. I really do like the car.
 
May I ask what those settings were?

On-line/off-line?
Aids?
Gripreduction?
Stock or upgraded car?
Tires?
Fuel/tire wear?

Cause if I recall, I've seen stock NISMO Z's (premium) lapping around Suzuka on Racing Hards in 1:55's..
Same for the GT-R's.

All stock, Racing Hard, ASM on, ABS +1, everything else off.
 
For those that haven't experienced yet another pure gold PD phenomena:

TokyoR246_zps7b46c565.jpg


I think it's winking at me...

I did hapen to me in a online lobby i was thinking it was cos of lag but now i see is a bug
 
Thoughts?

Well, here's mine.
 
2 seconds slower in comparison to Xanavi Z and GTR (2:05 @ Suzuka), while Weider only managed 2:07 with the same exact settings.

I did a best of 2.04.xxx stock at Suzuka with the weider. Is yours broken in to the max 517 HP? I will try the Z later today for comparison.

At Nurb I did nearly the same time 6.34.xxx with the weider as with the Takata NSX, despite the HSV-010 stock gears not being very good for Nurb.

In stock form I think it's right up there with the best Super GT's. Adjusting the gears would make it even faster at both tracks since 6th is hardly used with default settings.
 
However, much of the community here is wrong. The thing is, people were actually expecting PD to get the sound right. Let me just go on a quick rant here.

Do you guys know nothing? Why would you expect PD to get a sound right at all at this point in time? I mean, the HSV-010's sound would be damn hard to get right in the first place at all, and surely if you were one to complain about the HSV-010's sound, then surely you would know that PD would completely wreck it to hell? Why was there ever any hype? I mean, I'd be able to count on both of my hands the number of cars PD have managed to build that sound realistic. Did you seriously expect them to nail something like the HSV-010? Get real.

Absolute gold right there. We're wrong for expecting decent sound, we should just expect them to fail to even sample the right car, let alone get that sample sounding realistic. Give me a break. If you go through life always expecting disappointment you must be a very pessimistic. What you're basically saying is we should resign ourselves to the idea that cars will never sound good in GT, which is ridiculous. It's perfectly fair to expect PD to improve at some point.

Nobody was expecting a perfect 1:1 sound representation but we're not wrong to expect something that sounds relatively close.
 
Because of the broken sound, I won't be purchasing it or any of the recent DLC.
 
I did a best of 2.04.xxx stock at Suzuka with the weider. Is yours broken in to the max 517 HP? I will try the Z later today for comparison.

At Nurb I did nearly the same time 6.34.xxx with the weider as with the Takata NSX, despite the HSV-010 stock gears not being very good for Nurb.

In stock form I think it's right up there with the best Super GT's. Adjusting the gears would make it even faster at both tracks since 6th is hardly used with default settings.

517 HP? No. In stock with oil change, it goes to 503, while Xanavi Z goes 524, and Xanavi GTR to 508.
 
517 HP? No. In stock with oil change, it goes to 503, while Xanavi Z goes 524, and Xanavi GTR to 508.

Yours is not broken in then. Once you put enough miles on the HSV-010, it will have 517 HP and 303 torque stock.
 
Drives great yes, my fav from the DLC
 
My personal opinion is that it DOES have some understeer - but this could just be the result of the update screwing over basically EVERY single setup I had (It fixed the nagging issues I had with EVERY single 4WD Skyline, though.)

I really don't mind the sound because I really don't pay attention to it anyway (I have my iPod on whenever I play a video game.) Love the looks, plus it sticks to the road better than almost all of the Super GT cars (IMO.)

Still slower than the Amuse S2000 GT1 '04, the love of my life.
 
For those that haven't experienced yet another pure gold PD phenomena:

TokyoR246_zps7b46c565.jpg


I think it's winking at me...

That reminded me of the pCARS pre alpha development...some cars had/s the same bug when you have damage activated. Pixels goes crazy all over the place.

That means that the HSV is not yet fully optimized or finished at all or something works wrong with the code. That deformation is quite "normal" at least on PD eyes, lol but the black pixels indicates that something is not working right. And that is just because of the model.

I said it a lot of times and i´ll say it again...this game is a giant beta...it just feels like it for me.

I hope that GT6 delivers and the game feels "finished" without tons of updates...I remember the old times of PS2 and GT4...game had some problems but nothing as bad as in here. No need of patches and stuff...that will be great to see.
 
I know this is pedantic, but given we're all gamers here, I think it's justified.
Those aren't pixels, rather vertices in the polygon mesh; "pixel" is a sort of shortened form of "picture element" (because everything needs to be divided up into discrete parts before it can be stored / used in a computer, hence the vertices, too); a similar thing applies to textures ("texels"), and even 3D space ("voxels") etc.
 
I know this is pedantic, but given we're all gamers here, I think it's justified.
Those aren't pixels, rather vertices in the polygon mesh; "pixel" is a sort of shortened form of "picture element" (because everything needs to be divided up into discrete parts before it can be stored / used in a computer, hence the vertices, too); a similar thing applies to textures ("texels"), and even 3D space ("voxels") etc.

Thanks for the technical correction Griffith. 👍
 
I did a best of 2.04.xxx stock at Suzuka with the weider. Is yours broken in to the max 517 HP? I will try the Z later today for comparison.

At Nurb I did nearly the same time 6.34.xxx with the weider as with the Takata NSX, despite the HSV-010 stock gears not being very good for Nurb.

In stock form I think it's right up there with the best Super GT's. Adjusting the gears would make it even faster at both tracks since 6th is hardly used with default settings.

I turned all the assists off except ASM and managed 2.06.xxx with cold tyres (RH) in the first lap at Suzuka. Still 1 sec slower than Xanavi GTR, but i guess i'll master it in a few days.
 
I turned all the assists off except ASM and managed 2.06.xxx with cold tyres (RH) in the first lap at Suzuka. Still 1 sec slower than Xanavi GTR, but i guess i'll master it in a few days.

ASM kills your times through corners. You will be a lot faster with it off.

If you don't believe it, take a NASCAR to the Daytona oval and do a lap with ASM on and then a lap with it off. You will have much slower speeds through the corners with ASM on.
 
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it out later with ASM off. I'm more of a casual racer, so i'm not really into all of those assist differences.
 
I turned all the assists off except ASM and managed 2.06.xxx with cold tyres (RH) in the first lap at Suzuka. Still 1 sec slower than Xanavi GTR, but i guess i'll master it in a few days.

I ran about 5 laps each car, Suzuka is definitely not my best track or anything but just for comparison purposes:

All stock, no settings changes, ABS 1, no other aids, track grip real:

Xanavi Nismo Z '06 2.00.529
Xanavi GT-R '08 2.01.997
Honda HSV-010 '11 2.02.788

Stock gears suck on the HSV-010 though, the max speed is set to 228 while the Xanavi's are set to 196. Just for fun I changed the gears on the HSV-010 to max 196 and did 2 laps and got a 2.01.648 so it's right in the ballpark with the best Super GT cars. It is by far the easiest of the three to drive.
 
So, the 2 sec. difference from Z is still there anyway. I don't know about you, but imho, Xanavi Z is still the most fun (and the better overall) Super GT car in the game. I like it's tremendous torque and it's nervousness at the back end (really helpful at technical circuits). HSV is pretty good aswell, but it comes short in comparison to other GT-500 cars because of it's low torque.
 
I ran about 5 laps each car, Suzuka is definitely not my best track or anything but just for comparison purposes:

All stock, no settings changes, ABS 1, no other aids, track grip real:

Xanavi Nismo Z '06 2.00.529
Xanavi GT-R '08 2.01.997
Honda HSV-010 '11 2.02.788

Stock gears suck on the HSV-010 though, the max speed is set to 228 while the Xanavi's are set to 196. Just for fun I changed the gears on the HSV-010 to max 196 and did 2 laps and got a 2.01.648 so it's right in the ballpark with the best Super GT cars. It is by far the easiest of the three to drive.

So, the 2 sec. difference from Z is still there anyway. I don't know about you, but imho, Xanavi Z is still the most fun (and the better overall) Super GT car in the game. I like it's tremendous torque and it's nervousness at the back end (really helpful at technical circuits). HSV is pretty good aswell, but it comes short in comparison to other GT-500 cars because of it's low torque.

Guys, I don't want this to come out the wrong way, so excuse me if it does.

XANAVI GT-R: 518 bhp (fully run in with 200 miles and an oil change), 609 pp, 1100 kg can do 1:55's around Suzuka on RH, no aids, on-line, tire wear: on, grip: real

XANAVI Z: 533 (iirc) bhp (fully run in with 200 miles and an oil change), 62? pp, 1100 kg can do 1:55's around Suzuka on RH, no aids, on-line, tire wear: on, grip: real

WEIDER HSV-010: 517 bhp (fully run in with 200 miles and an oil change), 604 pp, 1100 kg.. Have'nt tested, but from what I've heard, it should at least reach the 1:56's.

The XANAVI Z is a tad faster at stock specs.

But if you're going to compare the cars, I think you need to reach at least 1:58's to actually say that this or that car is faster.

2:04-07's means 9-12 seconds are lost somehow. And with such a huge amount of time still in the cars you're driving, it's really hard to say if the difference is in the car, or elsewhere.
 
I love the car. The sound is quite bad but I have a feeling this is just placeholder. Take the NSX for example- I find its sound has improved quite dramatically over the last few updates and I have no doubt there will be updates to the HSV010 that will not only correct the sound but add things like rear view LCD which at the moment is MIA (the one in the NSX works fine).

The driving physics and FFB feel amazing. I'm using the T500RS and for this car (and all Super GT cars) I using it with the Ferrari/F1 rim. It's lighter than the stock GT rim and comes with its own movable paddle shifter.

Via the FFB, not only does the car feel responsive with slight twitchiness but there's also more predictability when cornering. This is especially true when I compared it to the NSX. For setup- depending on the track but I find that a slightly softer suspension setting brings the life (or liveliness) out of the car.

I can't wait for the other liveries although the wieder's livery is one of my favorite when the HSV made its debut in 2010. After this, I'd pay 10 times the current price for the other HSV.
 
2:04-07's means 9-12 seconds are lost somehow. And with such a huge amount of time still in the cars you're driving, it's really hard to say if the difference is in the car, or elsewhere.

It's near impossible to lap Suzuka under 2 minutes with those cars. I don't know, maybe with a steering wheel...
 
I find the handling a fraction slower than the Nissan GTR GT500 but it's smooth and corners well and as far as the BR-Z goes,it's a fraction better than the Toyota 86 by the way it handles.
 
Back