Welcome fellow Div 3ers :)

• Thread starter Kolyana
  • 533 comments
Did anyone care to see that Bob was at his daughters graduation and may not have had time to post his splits? Sometimes real life can be just a little more important than winning a D3 race... :rolleyes:

Kolyana
Due to the inability of some top D3 drivers to post splits during the race week - which encourages healthy competition and friendly banter - I will no longer be posting my times; I'm tired of being hounded and beaten by ghosts, lurkers and ringers.

Most of you guys are incredibly cool and I love racing against you, but unfortunately there are a few guys who insist on racing in the shadows, sharing nothing and stealing positions by keeping everyone else in ignorance.

Unfortunately, this is more prevalent in D3 than in any other division (6 of the top 12 did it last week alone). You never see it in D1 and the only time it occured there, they were all over it like a bad rash.

I can't race against such unfriendly, unsportsmanlike behavior and I fail to see why I should post splits while my competitors do not.

To the rest of you ... you're a damned good bunch and if you'd like to know my times during any given week, feel free to PM me

I'm forced to quote myself here, because you gentlemen are completely incapable of reading beyond "OMG! GOT TO PROTECT OG!!!"

My post is clear ... for my tastes there are too many lurkers here in D3 ... I never singled out OG (YOU guys did that, good one) ... and I was very clear about the numbers and it being a D3 wide 'problem'.

I also posted my solution ... I simply will not post my splits either.

This all could have been buried posts ago, but for some reason you vets are getting all defensive on OGs behalf (his name wasn't mentioned in my post) and even after re-reading my initial post, I can't figure out why.

Every week we've had top ranked ghosts posting times ... not OG, okay? I'm going to say that again, because you obviously can't work it out for yourselves ... and every week, even if I haven't ranked, I've watched great racers pushed down the rankings by guys who have never posted one word in this forum, or one shot wonders who couldn't be bothered running a qualifier at their peak capability.

I am extremely frustrated with the growing state of D3 and my initial post echos but one aspect of that frustration.

So go ahead ... try and read between the lines, make up your own conclusions as to what I must be talking about, and then get your little boys club together so you can all talk out of your rears for a while.

And then after you've done doing that, see if you can get your brains around what I'm actually talking about.

Kolyana
I'm forced to quote myself here, because you gentlemen are completely incapable of reading beyond "OMG! GOT TO PROTECT OG!!!"

My post is clear ... for my tastes there are too many lurkers here in D3 ... I never singled out OG (YOU guys did that, good one) ... and I was very clear about the numbers and it being a D3 wide 'problem'.

I also posted my solution ... I simply will not post my splits either.

This all could have been buried posts ago, but for some reason you vets are getting all defensive on OGs behalf (his name wasn't mentioned in my post) and even after re-reading my initial post, I can't figure out why.

Every week we've had top ranked ghosts posting times ... not OG, okay? I'm going to say that again, because you obviously can't work it out for yourselves ... and every week, even if I haven't ranked, I've watched great racers pushed down the rankings by guys who have never posted one word in this forum, or one shot wonders who couldn't be bothered running a qualifier at their peak capability.

I am extremely frustrated with the growing state of D3 and my initial post echos but one aspect of that frustration.

So go ahead ... try and read between the lines, make up your own conclusions as to what I must be talking about, and then get your little boys club together so you can all talk out of your rears for a while.

And then after you've done doing that, see if you can get your brains around what I'm actually talking about.

Indeed that may be a problem but what do you expect us to do? im 5'6 and live many many miles from anyone, so i cant go around their house and force them to post t times.

If you dont like D3 then move out of it, you showed last week your more than capable of hitting D2 times.

So you're saying that you would have made that exact same post if OG wouldn't have beat you in week 8? I don't think we would have heard anything if you had won.

hey, actually i think she would have

i dont wanna stir up any shiet around here in the WRS cause i love it

but for all the people out their that hide behind their times... its a shame...
its sportmanship, and by posting ur sectors creates a little more excitement knowing you can try to chase your opponent...

if you end up beating your opponent, and he cant pull off another better lap
then boohoo, shows that the better racer got ahead~

if you need to hide in the shadows to get a win, then do it

Hey Everyone, Sorry to interrupt here,but I just wanted to say "Hey!', I just came into Div3, and I thought this was the place to introduce myself to fellow Div3 racers.

My Name is Rob,and like probably 99% of everyone else on here,I am hooked on GT4.
I started playing GT back when the first one came out on PS (the original one), and have been a loyal GT Racer since then.
I also run other racing titles for PS2..currently Nascar 2005, TOCA2,F1,and some others that dont get as much attention as GT4 (actually probably NO attn. anymore).

Anyway, Just thought I would join in on what looks like will be alot of fun, I mean thats what we are all here for,right?

See ya!
Rob
👍

Well Guys & Gals...since it's been 2.5+ Hours since post #505 & no one has stepped up to acertain the TRUTH behind Kolyana's Rant, (like I really believe it was NOT directed at me. Exactly how many supposed "Lurkers" beat you this week Natalya?) & it's past my bedtime I guess I'll turn in.

THANX ALL for the entertainment...re-runs are all that's on the Telly & they really suck. (Most of em weren't too good the first time! :lol: )...O.G. :D

So you just happen, by some weird coincidence, to post this is the same week that you get beaten by a ghost, lurker or ringer?
Kolyana
Due to the inability of some top D3 drivers to post splits during the race week - which encourages healthy competition and friendly banter - I will no longer be posting my times; I'm tired of being hounded and beaten by ghosts, lurkers and ringers.
All the way through this weeks race, you were posting about how you wanted to win this, and then when you don't, you seem to throw all your toys out of the pram, complaining that bigger boys did it and ran away.

C'est la vie.

Your timing could have been better... If you had waited a couple of weeks, then no-one would have noticed. Whether you mean this against Bob or not, it looks like that's what you mean.

Time to calm down, and remember to play nicely people.

This is fun, nothing else.

When i get demoted back down to div. 3 (well done for beating me Koly) i'll post times, and drive thru's and any other help i can, cos thats me, if others havent the time to post splits, or compete one week, then win the next, then thats them.
I didnt post splits all week, then i got a print of the best, and tried my hardest, only to be beaten by some division 3ers, and thats what i love about the results, you never really know what peoples final times are going to be, cos some say they are better than they actually have, and some dont say a thing, then storm in and win, where's the excitement otherwise?

Its a game, its fun, it aint your job.
Once it becomes your job, ask yourself why you work voluntarily.

I do think some of the original gangsters in here could be slightly warmer towards the relative noobs, but i am not about to poke my downturned nose in.

Lets just get on with it, and drive that bloody hyundai sideways thru the twisties? yeah?

cool then.

Welcome Rob23. A little bit of a rough week right now but the dust will settle. Or will it since it's Rallye week.

To all the Div2 and Div1 guys, I'm not trying to start anything or continue it any further, nor am I defending anyone. Yes it seems ironic that Nat has picked the week that 1st slipped through her fingers, but she has been complaining about ghost times since week 6 at the 'Ring'. Let's just say she was a volcano, building each week by this, and finally errupted. I don't blame her, but yet I kinda do blame her. Looking at it last week does make it look directed to O.G. But read the previous weeks, she'll say it then as well.

Nat, we still cool? (I hope I didn't irk you) :nervous: :(

well well, looks like some people have been doing some whining around here. damn bob, excellent ass kicking there. definitely top notch work. i'm impressed.

as to any moaning ***** who have a problem with getting beat. the simple solution is DON'T COMPETE. everybody listed in each division has the right to submit a time and is not contractually obligated to list their split times. the whole argument is completely assinine.

i would recommend that you be prepared each week to face each and everydriver in your division. i honestly see absolutely no justification for moaning like a 2 dollar whore when you get beat by somebody listed as a competitor. it just makes no sense.

if a driver has a problem with the way the driver's submit their times, LEAVE. nobody is being payed to hang out here. the rules are simple and i don't see them being broken anywhere. a major reason i don't compete in here anymore is the rampant ****ery. anyway, that's my bit. needless to say, anybody who doesn't like it can lick the sweat from betwixt my newtz and dongbone

vexd
blah blah
... and drive thru's and any other help i can, cos thats me...
blah blah

Thanks for the drive through write up on Le Sarthe on that note, vexd. Helped me improving my time by 5.8s. :)

And for the ghost riding bit:
Look at any average DTM or F1 race weekend and you'll see the same thing happen. Nobody's going to drop their pants during practice sessions (which I'd equal with posting splits throughout the week here) and they'll all wait for their fastest lap to be driven during qualifying. So I guess that's just life.

But then, I like having Ts posted, since I had a blast giving a friend of mine from Div2 a hard time beating my times. Motivated me to try harder till I reached my limit. And even if I had known O.G.'s splits, I wouldn't have been able to push harder anyway. And not knowing splits of everybody during the week is just regular racing to me, doesn't really make a difference to me to know that I got beaten by Thursday or Tuesday morning or whenever. ;) Not winning only makes me try harder. But that just me.

P.S.: Well, I probably won't try too hard this week, since I hate Rally and just got Enthusia today, WOOO!

This big debate isnt going on in here too is it? I just got a mouthfull of this from the wek 8 results. Come on people, chill.

Im not sure Max is helping, but he sure is funny!

I love the way people can just floor you with their comments.

Another reason why boards are soo much fun.

Lets not take things too seriously now, and get some rallying done. Its bloody hard though.

Max E.
...as to any moaning ***** who have a problem with getting beat...

If you can't address fellow GTP members in a more professional, courteous and sportsman like way, then the only ***** around here is YOU!

By the way, what kind of word is ****ery anyway?

Eveyone here has the right to voice their opinion..if YOU don't like what you're reading....read something else! Simple solution if you ask me!

eggmann
It's a Maxism. ;)

Another VET who should be respected, otherwise he's likely to cross the atlantic and make you lick the sweat...... awwww well you get the picture... :dopey: :) 👍

I am laffin at all this bickery, lets just get on with each other, and race yeah?

💡 👍

cool.

SimRaceDriver
If you can't address fellow GTP members in a more professional, courteous and sportsman like way, then the only ***** around here is YOU!

By the way, what kind of word is ****ery anyway?

Eveyone here has the right to voice their opinion..if YOU don't like what you're reading....read something else! Simple solution if you ask me!

while i can appriciate your positive stance on how i address fellow GTP members, i reserve the right to express anger with idiots. as you say above: "Everyone here has the right to voice their opinion". if YOU don't like what you're reading than YOU read something else. OR.. you can express your counter opinion. trying to make me not express my opinion by telling me everybody has the right to their opinion is the folly of a fool and while i do find it mildly amusing, i mostly just feel sorry for you and weep for the future of the human race.

see? looks like you found the definition of "****ery" all by yourself. why don't you go buy a nice ice cream cone. you deserve it.

Back