What’s your assists set up

Great I Info. I’m going to now maybe try everything on except when I play with f1 cars. So maybe turn on tcs and abs and turn up ai difficulty maybe as well. I’m on hihly skilled.

When it comes to breaking, with or without ABS. It can actually be more beneficial to brake early and softer, especially if you use ABS. This allows you to keep the car better balanced, which can allow for better turn in and faster exit speeds if you roll on the throttle smoothly.
I concur. This is always an aspect that I've noticed when following your ghost; you always started breaking before me, but would basically end up with me, or past me out of the turn. I had a habit of braking late and hard.. actually, I still have that habit. I've made it work out for me in the end though, and it comes in handy with some defensive/offensive driving when online.

I have seen a lot of people really mess up trying to brake as hard and late as possible, and all that does is unload the weight from the rear of the car. It unsettles the balance, and often leads to loss of control.
<<<This guy :lol: I've managed to get it down fairly well, though.

The way I drive comes from the days of racing games where you had a minimum of like 10 laps, not the silly 3 lap sprint stuff like in the most recent Forza titles. I am glad that FM7 added the option for longer races, but I hope when FM8 comes along; we can set the exact number of laps per track that we want. Back in older Forza games, I used to grind out credits for cars and upgrades by using the endurance races. I remember one version I would do that on Laguna Seca, another version was Mugello, and one version of FM was Suzuka. They was something like 30/40 laps each.

The biggest issue with short races, is it almost forces poor driving tactics just by them being so short. You have no time to plan out your climb through the grid, no time to think. You just have to blast through and get to the front of the pack as fast as possible, preferably within that very first lap. Its a recipe for disaster, or in this case; a crash fest when the action moves online.

Longer races give people time to plan out their race, and they can set a comfortable pace instead of an overly aggressive one. Its one of the reasons I hope T10 eventually give us back the ability to host private public lobbies.

Assists only slow me down most of the time.

I really, really hate that I have to use a clutch with flappy paddles on any 7+ speed transmission in order to set a hardcore time.

Just using the shifter and clutch is annoying enough, but after 6 gears you need to use flappy paddles anyway.

No assists at all, manual gears w/clutch, fully hardcore.
I also feel the same as @CSLACR - having to switch from a shifter to paddles after 6th gear is annoying.

No assists at all, manual gears w/clutch, fully hardcore.
I also feel the same as @CSLACR - having to switch from a shifter to paddles after 6th gear is annoying.

I use paddles in cars with too many gears. But my th8a shifter has 7 forward gears anyway, so that isnt too many cars. I believe fm7 on pc can be mapped up to 10 gears, but not at my pc atm. So i cant check to see.

I typically run with all assists off. Not out of some "OMG HARDCORE" desire, I just like how the cars feel that way. The exceptions are when I'm dealing with longer races against the AI. There, I'll typically run cosmetic damage, rewind, or maybe even both. I just don't want to have to restart a race these days, I don't have the time.

I do think Motorsport needs to re-adopt the credit incentive for assists. That said, it also needs a rejig of the assists system: while I understand the gamey aspect of making manual+clutch the fastest option, in this day and age it's becoming increasingly odd to need to use that, in road or race cars. Maybe adopt the PCARS2/AC approach of "Real" as the ultimate option for each car.

With multi-stage traction/stability systems in modern cars, I do wonder how development teams approach reproducing the car's dynamics. I just drove the Veloster N in real life, and it has multiple options. Does the game simulate N Mode? It'd be very cool if we could change the same settings in-game, but I imagine that'd be a nightmare for developers.

I really, really hate that I have to use a clutch with flappy paddles on any 7+ speed transmission in order to set a hardcore time.

THIS! PCARS just knows when the car has a sequential transmission and doesn't make you reconfigure it every time. I just wish I could get through a decent lap in PCARS without spinning, so I stick to FM7.

I agree. I spin a lot in project cars 2 as well. I find the driving so much better in forza 7. I haven’t played assetto corsa yet to compare. But I do like project cars for some stuff the sound and feel of the cars seem
Bette then forza but I can play so much better in forza 7. But I don’t think forza 7 is as real life as project cars 2 is.

I agree. I spin a lot in project cars 2 as well. I find the driving so much better in forza 7. I haven’t played assetto corsa yet to compare. But I do like project cars for some stuff the sound and feel of the cars seem
Bette then forza but I can play so much better in forza 7. But I don’t think forza 7 is as real life as project cars 2 is.

AC is a good balance, but everything outside the track is far inferior to both PC2 and FM7. Pick it up used at Gamestop for $15 and see what you think.

PC2 does a better job of simulating a race weekend and making you feel like you're participating in motorsports. FM7 does a much better job of "drive the dream." PC2 reminds me constantly that I don't have what it takes to be a race driver.

Fairly new to The FM series I switched off all assists, normal steering and cockpit view. Damage all on, as it forces me to drive more careful, more etiquette. I drive manual transmission without the clutch. Throttle and brakes at the bumper, steering LS, A and X for shifting up and down.
I eliminated all controller deadzones (0/100, wich makes the input more sensitive, be it steering or throttle/brake) and set up FFB to 55 (wich gives me a good feedback when running the curbs or hitting high revs).
So far I really like it, even when I still think the GTS controller setup is the one I prefer on consoles (not by much).
PC2 gave me to many options to tinker with the controller settings. ;) never got fully satisfied with it.

I’m finally getting ac today for Xbox one. I hear it’s like the true sim and makes you feel like your in the car for a track day. That sounds cool. It was on sale and worth the price.

Using pad
All assists off. (Simulation Damage)
And just recently switched to Simulation steering and Manual w/clutch.
Being a strictly average player it was painful to begin with, esp when using the cockpit view - had a few epic spin outs.
But it really opens up the game and makes it so much more rewarding when you start to get things right.

I do think Motorsport needs to re-adopt the credit incentive for assists.

It's still there, but you need to use the dreaded mod cards.

Back