What’s your favorite sport game?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
(Not including Motorsports) I like soccer ⚽️ games the most. Controlling the game is very simulated and just works well as a video game.

Used to love football (soccer) games back in the PS1 and PS2 era, especially ISS and PES but they have become boring to me since then.

Can't say I am into any sports games these days (apart from motorsports) everything has become too realistic and based around buying online packs, just not fun for me.

I can say football manager I guess if that counts as a sports game.

2000s arcade sports are where it’s at; here’s my shortlist:
  • NBA Street series, Vol. 2 in particular
  • NFL Street series
  • SSX series, 3 and On Tour most particularly
  • Hot Shots (Everybody’s) Golf 3 and Fore!
  • Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
  • Mario Power Tennis
  • Mario Superstar Baseball
  • Mario Strikers Charged (Football)
The plumber might be in half the list but trust me when I say his sports games of the era are still fun and approachable yet mechanically deep and rewarding, something that all the other games on the list have as well. Your game does not need to be ‘realistic’ to be worth playing.

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of new Champions
Other than that, I dont have a particular liking towards sport games, when in fact I dont like soccer the least of all sports.

Nba 2k23. The fact that you can play the entire 80’s and 90’s era sells it to me. The rest of the game is stupid microtransaction stuff, so I won’t bother with that.

Fifa99 will always be my favorite football game.

EA get some ****, but FC 24 is quite good. At least it is when you adjust the sliders as per online tutorials, slow things down, adjust the gameplay, it becomes a completely different game. Maybe one of the best football games ever - and I’ve played a lot of them over the years.

I’m mainly a fan of racing games, I’m not a big ‘gamer’ in the traditional sense. But I can pile hours and hours into editing my squads on FIFA/EAFC then taking them into the career mode - mainly Championship and League One, to the point where it’s 1am and I hadn’t noticed.

Back