WHAT A JOKE

Imagine banning players from online races for bad driving...a game you bought for money telling you you cant play anymore lol...good luck with that, if that aint bad press i don't know what is.

Well, I don't know if it's happened in GT Sport yet — early days still — but I've definitely read stories of griefers being banned from Forza, for anywhere from a few days to a year or so.

I would not be surprised if the user agreement in GT has a section that essentially allows Sony/PD to do something similar. Their service, their rules.

Imagine banning players from online races for bad driving...a game you bought for money telling you you cant play anymore lol...good luck with that

That’s more or less what iRacing did. There was the monthly subscription fee, and additional charged DLC for cars separate to the subscription.

If your Driving ability fell below the level required for the appropriate license, you potentially couldn’t race the cars you’d purchased online (you could run them offline for practice of course).

That model works very well, it’s a shame GTS didn’t implement something similar - albeit without the subscription model. Nothing makes people race nice than worrying they’re about to lose their ability to race a car they like.

The failing of GTS is that it hasn’t gone far enough to limit content by skill and good racing etiquette.

Well put rotor head...

And I will mention again, unless you're using a cheat device or using a glitch in a way it's not supposed to, you are not breaking any TOS. You're just being a looser for hitting people.

I was racing last night on Tokyo. Within the first 10 seconds of warm up the guy at Pole Position made sure you let everyone know that he was recording live and would report anyone that crashed into him on Corner one. I get mad too, but people are getting really triggered.

Also later on in that Blue Moon Bay race, I was getting a little inebriated and some idiot took me out 1st corner... I got the idiot confused with some other poor bystander that got taken out by the idiot as well. But I kept my mouth shut. At the end of the race the other guy that got taken out by the idiot started freaking out on me because he thought I did it, told him to calm down and check the replay. I got a three-paragraph message through PlayStation later from the guy apologizing :-)

Back