What all new cars do you want to see in GT7?

• Thread starter iMatazzie
  • 2,496 comments
One word, three numbers.
Lancia, 0, 3, 7.
I think it's very likely, considering how IIRC Polyphony Digital was seen scanning one. I also think the 037 could be part of an expansion of Gr.B, as there's an unusual lack of actual Group B rally cars in Gr.B, including ones that we've already seen in Gran Turismo, such as the Peugeot 205 T16, the Renault 5 Turbo, the Nissan 240RS, and the Mitsubishi Starion 4WD. I could see the other Audi Quattro from GT6 joining its Pikes Peak-spec sibling, too. Finally, there are other Group B rally cars that could join Gr.B, like the MG Metro 6R4.

As for other rally cars, I'm hoping there'll be a "Gr.A" for more modern rally cars - if the Citroen C4 WRC returns, it could go there, along with rally cars that'd be new to GT, like the Volkswagen Polo GTI, the Hyundai i20 N, or one of the modern-day Mini Cooper/Countryman rally cars.

Then there could be a "Gr.C" not for actual Group C prototypes, but for pre-Group B rally cars, which could include the Lancia Stratos, but also perhaps other rally cars that'd be new to GT, like those from Alpine, or the Lancia Fulvia.

On this note of new groups, my biggest desire for new groups would include a "Gr.1V" and "Gr.3V" respectively for vintage prototypes and vintage grand tourers, and in addition to the models we've seen in GT already (e.g. the Ferrari 330 P4 and the Shelby Daytona Coupe), these groups could get further expanded with representation from many automakers, such as the Abarth 1300 OT, the Alpine A210, and the Alfa Romeo TZ2. Speaking of which, I don't remember if we ever had the Ford GT40 Mk.II race car in GT. I know we've had the newer Ford GT, the Mk.IV race car, and at least one road-going version of the GT40 that usually comes in red, but I think that last one was the Mk.I, not the Mk.II, though I could be wrong.

Finally, I'm hoping modern DTM cars from Aston Martin, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi can join Gr.2, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that. Heck, maybe even one of the Opel DTM racers could join Gr.2, as well, though I think there was a newer model that could be used over the Calibra/Astra we've seen in previous GT titles.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people, especially me included, would like custom made race cars from PD so long as they’re not fantasy concept cars like the VW VGT Gr.3.

With that said, I’ve found these. I think, if PD cannot get any of the newer DTM cars into the game that they should what they did for Gr.3 and make their own.

For example;

Alfa Romeo Giulia Gr.2 Touring Car
61366D48-13AD-4DED-8A77-FA1BD5706DE6.jpeg

Chevrolet Camaro Gr.2 Touring Car
B128E754-1063-492C-B22B-8CE5961F57EB.png

Ford Mustang Gr.2 Touring Car
9A869396-0BE3-4BF7-8D02-C122C433B9F8.png

Opel Insignia Gr.2 Touring Car
F7EB7DB9-1638-4F97-BBDF-34ACCE631291.jpeg

Porsche 911 Gr.2 Touring Car
B06FE388-CCF5-475B-97D3-12401EFA37CF.jpeg

I would welcome these with open arms!

I think a lot of people, especially me included, would like custom made race cars from PD so long as they’re not fantasy concept cars like the VW VGT Gr.3.

With that said, I’ve found these. I think, if PD cannot get any of the newer DTM cars into the game that they should what they did for Gr.3 and make their own.

For example;

View attachment 982154

View attachment 982155

View attachment 982156

View attachment 982152

View attachment 982153

The only way I'd be fine with even more fictional cars is if they did it in the form of 'race modifications'.
maxresdefault.jpg

I wanna bring up Koenigsegg again. I think for this automaker, I'd be fine with just the CCX, the CCGT racecar, the Regera, the Gemera, and the Agera RS. Maybe the Jesko, too, but those first three are the ones I'd want the most - the CCGT could fit nicely alongside the Aston Martin DBR9 in Gr.3. I'd also potentially prefer the Agera RS over the One:1, as the One:1 is basically a modified Agera, isn't it?

Moving on, I wanna see more Volvo models, like the Amazon and the 242. The P1800 would be great, too.

Last edited:

For example;

View attachment 982154

View attachment 982155

View attachment 982156

View attachment 982152

View attachment 982153

PD can really go wild with Group 2 if they want to. It could be a modern interpretation of Group 5 because they're silhouette racers with crazy performance and turbochargers.

For example;

View attachment 982154

View attachment 982155

View attachment 982156

View attachment 982152

View attachment 982153

Oh god I would love to see that :D

ZEE
Forget the AMG, I would love to add this to my GT7 garage, such a beautiful car with electric power, woooooo!

battista_061.jpg
Agreed, I love Pininfarina. In a similar vein, I want to see the Dallara Stradale, as well as the new Zagato IsoRivolta GTZ, and then perhaps the Italdesign ZeroUno.

Last edited:
They would be terrific additions and they look fantastic too. Maybe the 2019 DTM cars are on the way though...
Creating their own cars could also be an excellent way to get various automakers into Gr.2 that may not have a real-world car that would be a good fit. Just look at Volkswagen's Gr.3 cars, or how many automakers wouldn't be in Gr.1 if not for a VGT, like Hyundai, Alpine, and Dodge.

Last edited:
Since "we're" riding the historic train :D

Another Ford we haven't seen in a GT game, is the Ford Capri. PD could include an RS2600 road car and/or race car.
Next, a BMW. The 3.0CSL. Surprising we never got one, while we did get the 2002 Turbo and the 508. With the E30 finally arriving, hopefully, we'll see more classic BMWs show up in GT7.

ZEE
One of these sets of M sport cars would be fun to hoon around Trial Mountain.

1995-bmw-m3-lightweight-front.jpg
An E36 CSL, eh? I actually saw one in person at the Barrett-Jackson Auction at Mohegan Sun in 2019. I think I heard only 123 were ever made.

I wonder what sort of McLaren models could be added? I feel like some are genuinely notable, but others seem superfluous. So in that regard, I'd bring back the F1 GTR Longtail, as well as add the F1 LM road car that only had five ever made. I also don't see a need for the homologation special version of the F1 GTR Longtail. I'd also add the 720S, the Senna, Speedtail, and the P1, especially since we already have the P1 GTR when it comes to that last one. Other than that, I'd generally welcome other models, but I don't think they would be truly necessary. No need for something like the 570S, the Senna GTR, the Elva, even the new Sabre. I mean, I might also add the newer 720S GT3, as well as the GT, but anything else feels like it'd be just extra. Well, I guess maybe the 570S could come along, but not any of those modified versions of the 570s/650S/720S.

Then there was the 12C GT3, which I think would be entirely unnecessary since we already have the 650S GT3. That just leaves the actual race cars from before they made road cars - I'd probably pick the MP4/4 and some Can-Am racer they won with, assuming licensing isn't a complete PitA.

Last edited:
I wonder what sort of McLaren models could be added? I feel like some are genuinely notable, but others seem superfluous. So in that regard, I'd bring back the F1 GTR Longtail, as well as add the F1 LM road car that only had five ever made. I also don't see a need for the homologation special version of the F1 GTR Longtail. I'd also add the 720S, the Senna, Speedtail, and the P1, especially since we already have the P1 GTR when it comes to that last one. Other than that, I'd generally welcome other models, but I don't think they would be truly necessary. No need for something like the 570S, the Senna GTR, the Elva, even the new Sabre. I mean, I might also add the newer 720S GT3, as well as the GT, but anything else feels like it'd be just extra. Well, I guess maybe the 570S could come along, but not any of those modified versions of the 570s/650S/720S.

Then there was the 12C GT3, which I think would be entirely unnecessary since we already have the 650S GT3. That just leaves the actual race cars from before they made road cars - I'd probably pick the MP4/4 and some Can-Am racer they won with, assuming licensing isn't a complete PitA.

You also forget the latest electric 720S. :lol:

mclaren-720s-ride-on-promo.jpg

Be doing laps round the 'ring in no time...

.....OR This for only a measly £375 chaps.

ride-on-your-child-nostalgia-with-the-mclaren-senna-electrified-toy-just-375_3.jpg

includes free photo-shopped head replacement. :lol:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...a-electrified-toy-just-375-147510.html#agal_3

Last edited:
Was driving the SF19s lately in GT Sport, and I thought it would be nice to have the current Formula 2 cars and the old Lotus T125 to see how all 3 of them would stack up against each other.

Yes I know the T125 is quite dated and most likely does not have similar levels of downforce, but I'm still curious.

Last edited:
Back