What are the Best 20 cars that you must own in GT6?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 25 comments
Given the wide variety of restrictions on races in career mode, the best cars overall are not necessarily the ones you most need to own.

The Tommykaira ZZII is probably the most useful car for career mode overall. Its one of the best cars for most 500-650 PP races and only costs $60k for the base model.

The Nissan Skyline R35 TC is a top choice for many international A and S level races. It costs about $500k fully loaded, and can win pretty much any race below the 700 PP level.

Lotus Elise 111R
Tommykaira ZZII
Peugeot 905

With those three cars you can dominate any race at pretty much any PP requirement. They have been my go to MVPs throughout my career, although the 905 is a much more recent addition, given how expensive it is.

The Honda Fit is actually extremely useful; might as well maximize its benefit to save on credits (if that's your thing...).

Additionally, the ZZII is (again) stunning. Add an RX7 into the mix and you have a powerful trio that earns you a ton of mileage for a reasonable cost.

I already bought a Nissan R92CP and it runs sub 2 minutes on Spa with racing hards. Tough to drive but a great group C car!
That's a great car, but I prefer the mazda 787B. Not as fast, but more nimble.

I also like the Dome Zero for lower class races.

I'd say a TTS 2009 is a good choice. AWD Turbo Euro Hot Hatch probally with some changes in the parts I have it fighting in the 450 500 pp quite well could likely bump it to 550 and it would still be competive

Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car - grip car, great stability with default setup, owns everything from 500-575pp

Honda NSX Prototype Race Car - 2nd best for me, needs a lot of tunning, still waiting for someone to tame it

Honda NSX Prototype Road Car - still undrivable for me, too much oversteer. for now nissan r390 wins. this will change with tunes I hope!

Nissan R390 GT 1 Road Car - grip car, stable, fast, worse handling than FTO though

Honda HSV - grip, best gt500?

Honda NSX gt500 - which one, people will decide in coming weeks:)

So as you see, only high aero cars... mb thats why I own on grip tracks and loose on monza/nurb/lemans tracks:))

My personal favorites:
2012 Nissan GTR Black Series AWD
2014 Corvette Stingray RWD
2005 MINI Cooper R53 FWD

I only own about 15 lol. But just saved up enough to buy the Le Mans winning McLaren F1, probably my favourite car of all time.

And I bought a McLaren MP4 12C which I've used a lot.

Third favourite the Mugen S2000 00.

Don't like any of the rest of them that I won.

I saw a guy who was way off pace in a lobby but then switched to the RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 and was beating my NSX-R LM Road Car at 575 PP... Might be worth checking out.

Last edited:
Personally my favorite at the minute is the Audi quattro s1 rally car although i know this will probably change in the later stages when i start to buy and tune more motors. My highest milage car is the Renault sport clio. A proper little beast in the early stages and i had a lot of fun racing that too.

Acura/Honda NSX Concept

Red Bull X2011 Prototype

Toyota GT-86/Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ

Mercedes-Benz SL 600 ('98)

Mazda Furai

Some of my favorites to drive right now.

To me, hearing the burble or roar of the engine makes the car the best so in terms of sounds:

Maza 787B

Red Bull X20-up to you, both sound the same

Boss Mustang/GT500 (with racing exhausts, opens up the v8)

Z GT500

Challenger SRT8 Touring Car

NSX LM Race Car (kinda hard to drive, but fun when you get it right)

Rocket (overpowered go kart :) )

McLaren F1 GTR Race Car 97

Elise 11R Race Car

F40 (the twitchiest and most precise car ever)

BRZ R&D

Prelude Type S (lol just because I own one in real life)

v12 Vantage 10

Zonda R

Cobra Daytona Coupe

Everytime I don't have these cars, it just feels wrong to me in a GT game:
Toyota AE86 Trueno and Levin and a red stock Trueno for going back to basics when stuck in a rut tuning my AE86
Toyota AE86 S.Shigeno version
Devil Z replica (a midnight blue S30Z as fast as possible)
RX-7 FD RS
RE Amemiya FD
Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Toyota Supra RZ
Toyota MR-S V edition
Toyota MR2 GT-S
Toyota Celica SS-II
Castrol TOM'S Supra
Lamborghini Aventador
Ferrari F40

...What can I say I'm a Toyota man :sly:

Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63