What are the best car news websites?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
bloodykills750
Hi. I like to stay up to date on news involving new cars, aftermarket stuff, and automotive news in general. What are the best car news websites?

The Drive or The Autopian. The former is pretty in line with what Jalopnik was like before it became "car blog for people who hate cars" Kotaku level trash (The War Zone also provides pretty excellent military coverage, if that's your bag). The latter was founded by the last of Jalopnik's writers who were worth anything all leaving and starting their own website.

Keep in mind to tread lightly for the comments section for the former. Because it was obvious that Jalopnik was a sinking ship for so long, many of the people who were immediately alienated by the editorial slant that Jalopnik adopted went to The Drive first so you regularly see the "how dare you mention your opinions about something I disagree with in your review of this car" kind of douchebags in the comments.

Last edited:
Carscoops as far as industry related news go. Most of the times they're also the first ones to post the latest stuff, since their staff is pretty enormous and is based worldwide, which gives them a pretty wide scoop. The page is pretty ugly now, at least compared to what it used to look like a few months ago, but still. Don't expect any type of journalism out of it, but for news stuff, I think it's the better one.

Back