What are the best drift tires?

• Thread starter wrapture
  • 72 comments
Comfort hard are pretty much the only tire accepted in most drift rooms online. So if you want to fit in, use comfort hards.

Yeah. Man it all depends on your style and the cars hp.
I normally use comfort soft if its a 250-500HP car and sport hards for 550-600hp.

- Pick any kind of tyre.
- Inject a lot of liquid nitrogen in it.
- Find a magnetic track and hover like a boss.

👍

Comfort hards are the most used tires in GT5 for drifting in fact it's usually the only tire accepted in D1 comps... besides that i use racing tires for drifting at 367 HP so use whatever you feel like.... if you're in an RX-7 FC i suggest racing hard on front and sport MED on back.

Those videos are sick! :)

But to the OP; I advise you to test drifting with all of the tyres and make your decision, because I really have no idea what tyres work best for you and I can't go forcing you to use comfort tires either.

People saying "x tire is best" are inexperienced and you shouldn't listen to them. They're greatly over-simplifying the issue and just trying to sound like they know a lot when the tire they recommend is probably the only one they can drift on.

Tire choice is a lot more complicated and shouldn't be reduced to absolute statements like this:
Comfort hard is best trust me.

That's like saying "Stage 1 turbo is the best trust me." Of course, sometimes it is, but sometimes it isn't.

pergatory
People saying "x tire is best" are inexperienced and you shouldn't listen to them. They're greatly over-simplifying the issue and just trying to sound like they know a lot when the tire they recommend is probably the only one they can drift on.

Tire choice is a lot more complicated and shouldn't be reduced to absolute statements like this:

That's like saying "Stage 1 turbo is the best trust me." Of course, sometimes it is, but sometimes it isn't.

Nope comfort hard is best for drifting. Sometimes a combo of any comfort tire. Anyone using sports tires I'm sure don't drift the straights and have a tough time drifting the whole track in one big drift. Not to say you can't drift on sports or even racing tires but it's not as good. Takes too long for the tires to heat up and they cool so fast making it a lot harder to have consistent drifts.

Nope comfort hard is best for drifting. Sometimes a combo of any comfort tire. Anyone using sports tires I'm sure don't drift the straights and have a tough time drifting the whole track in one big drift. Not to say you can't drift on sports or even racing tires but it's not as good. Takes too long for the tires to heat up and they cool so fast making it a lot harder to have consistent drifts.

+1
Drifting isn't all about speed anyone who thinks angle isn't important has obviously never watch a comp., and people that use comfort tires can't drift? That was a joke right because you can't be serious. The only cars I use sport tires on are high powered cars, they have the power to the tires smoking but I rarely use those

+1
Drifting isn't all about speed anyone who thinks angle isn't important has obviously never watch a comp., and people that use comfort tires can't drift? That was a joke right because you can't be serious. The only cars I use sport tires on are high powered cars, they have the power to the tires smoking but I rarely use those
But comfort tires are so bad! I can drift hole of tsukuka on sports soft with my wrx '10 on 90/10 split (basically FR but better).

K1ngKlicK
But comfort tires are so bad! I can drift hole of tsukuka on sports soft with my wrx '10 on 90/10 split (basically FR but better).

Can everybody ele who knows how to somewhat drift. Grab a fr car with the same power and comfort hard, then down it.

Eveyone STFU honestly. This discussion has been ranted about so many times and I know everyone doesnt want to read the same thing AGAIN.

+1 ^ I'm tired ready about it. People us any and every tire known to to the game to drift on, but if your going to compete in any form of a organized comp it will be on CH, So get over it.

Yeah on a serious note, this topic has been bled dry. It's conclusive that if you want to ride with the best and enter competitions, you're gonna have to get used to comfort hards. Suck it up 👍

K1ngKlicK
Yeah on a serious note, this topic has been bled dry. It's conclusive that if you want to ride with the best and enter competitions, you're gonna have to get used to comfort hards. Suck it up 👍

I'm good with hards but I love the mediums. 👍

Ok look everyone. It's just a game and saying what tires are better and which ones are not. It's basically all about your preference and your style of drifting.
For example: I like to use comfort softs not because they are better but because its the way I drift and cause they give me more grip for my launches. And if I am using a car with 550HP or up, I like sport hards and again not because I think they are better but it's the way I drift.

Back