What are you doing in forza 3?

• Thread starter Thatman
  • 89 comments
GTP_Thatman/Thatmanthere
A Man Hamster
Or what will you be doing if you dont have a"pre-release". And if you do what ARE you doing? Its really just kind of a way to get more hyped about it/give people ideas to try themselves.

When I get it, I will need to get a viper, my friend is getting his supra and off to the drag strip where I told him he will lose. :)

Too many things come to mind...

Mostly, I want to take a ZR1 around Benchmark High Speed Ring, and tune the living hell out of it afterwards.

Oh yeah, did I mention giving it more than it's stock 638hp? :D

Mostly, I want to take a ZR1 around Benchmark High Speed Ring, and tune the living hell out of it afterwards.

Do I really need to get the collectors edition to get the ZR1?

I assume the cars that come with the special edition cannot be sold via auction house for others to buy.

Got it yesterday, fired it up, installed second disc, started first race in the R8 V10, got to first place....and....RROD :(

Where the hell did you get it from? You can post it to me if you have no use for it.

Seriously. Seems like a lot of people have "reviewer's copies" or "pre-releases".

I got a reviewers copy of Forza 2 about a week before it was released but it had a printed tab in the corner that said "not for resale". This year I've searched high and low for a Forza 3 version had no luck finding one.

My plan is to get a JCW MINI, paint it up to look like my car and then be completely content.

Nice, ill have that ZR-1 a go eventually but I have to do my Dodges and Mazdas

My plan is to get a JCW MINI, paint it up to look like my car and then be completely content.

Sweeet!

Painting, painting & painting. It's the only reason I'm getting the game but that's just me :)

Man, I thought the ZR1 was MY favorite car. Seems tons of people like the ZR1. I can see the online races now. 8 ZR1's flying around Le Mans. :(

They better have some good liveries or mods! I want mine to be special!

Tuning an Abarth 500. Forever.

Shopto.net are expecting it to be delivered by Wednesday :D

Checking out the Benchmark track, Costa Di Amalfi, and Fujimi Kaido.

All the lambo's, Jag's, Ferrari's

Lotus Carlton, ZR1, some of the US cars from the 60-70-80s like Trans am, Dodge, Chevys, although FM3 for a US game seems to be surprisingly lacking here.

but not sure how the SP plays out and not sure about this adaptive path

Doing lots of photos and dabble in the livery editor.

I've got a Fanatec on order so it'll be messing around with the pad for a while. Hope it arrives for Christmas holidays.

Hopefully getting an Si as a starter car, if it can be bought then, and spending a few hours at the Benchmark location. Then get something light and RWD (Silvia of some sort) to do the same.

My first two starter cars that I'm planning on grabbing early are probably going to be the NC Mazda MX-5 and the Toyota Celica All-Trac (GT-FOUR). Multi-purpose vehicles are the name of the game, and spending as little money as possible is good as well. Also, I'll be racing mostly in the B-class online, as I believe its still the most-fun, most-balanced, and generally most-challenging group of them all.

Oh, and I'm not spending $80 just to be able to get the ZR1 and such. I'd rather tinker with the Z06 for now, download the extras later (for $5).

These are some of the cars I will be aiming for early in Forza. I'm trying to go for a good variety of engine layout, drive train, aspiration type and country of origin.

Barracuda - RWD - US - V8 NA
f3barracuda.jpg

Focus RS - FWD - Europe - I4 NA
f3focusrs.jpg

Skyline R33 - AWD - Japan - I6 TT
f3r33.jpg

Evora - RWD - UK - V6 NA
f3evora.jpg

And, once I have the money:

FG Supercar - RWD - Australia - V8 NA
f3fgsupercar.jpg

DBR9 - RWD - UK - V12 NA
f3dbr9.jpg

I been doing laps at nurburgring,susuka and the circuit de catalunya with the Ferrari F50GT,Ferrari California and the Lambo Diablo GT trying to get enough money for the Enzo Ferrari next (cost 1,500,000), I'm half way there.
I used to hire the driver do the racing for me but he takes half of the winnings so no more.

Isnt that what drivatar took in FM1 half the winnings? Also hows it not having a garage in a specific country?

Isnt that what drivatar took in FM1 half the winnings? Also hows it not having a garage in a specific country?

Never bought FM1 so I don't know if they did that or not, only bought FM2 but I didn't like it, I hated the driving physics and the braking system so I never played that game much I only have less than 5% complete. And about the garage I never had a garage for a specific country in any driving game so I don't care for it.

First I will start with the campaign to get some money and eventually get the 2002 Ram Air Trans Am.
Then I will spend quite a bit of time in the Storefront setting up vinyl designs that people can purchase.
After that probably start setting some lap times and drifting scores.
Finally start setting up some cars for online races.

Man this game is fun (even though the graphics are not that good in 1080p), I just did a 19 lap endurance race around Le Mans with a Ferrari F50GT (1hr and 6mins) and in my first try I run out of gas so I had to re-do the whole race with a pit stop.

Is the fuel consumption realistic per car? i.e. better fuel economy from a Fiesta than a thumping V8 Camaro for example.

Also, tyre wear, how much does it affect the cars, can you feel it? slower laps etc as they wear down?

I'm gonna be starting off with the Fiesta Zetec S, then racing that until I can afford an R33 GT-R V-Spec, and then I'm gonna race my friend online and prove to him once and for all that GT-R > Supra.

I'm going to be doing a bit of "roleplaying" in the game, like I did the previous Forzas, and take my time modding and liverying up my cars, getting more professional as I go. And using one car as far as I can get it to go.

Back