What are you doing in forza 3?

• Thread starter Thatman
  • 89 comments
(even though the graphics are not that good in 1080p)

I'm playing in 1080P and the game looks fine. No jaggies and when using photo mode the detail is incredible.

Anyway, at the moment doing the A class world championship (I don't bother with that season mode thingy) with a Mustang Cobra R with the 5.0 "cammer" engine. Damn that thing screams and you can put it into a focus XD

p.s Massive dissapointment on multi-player options (or lack there of) and no sound change with ANY engine mods...

I'd like to raise a bunch of money to get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X and an Impreza STi (2008). However, the main car I'm really interested in is the Corvette ZR-1 in the collector's edition.

I'm playing in 1080P and the game looks fine. No jaggies and when using photo mode the detail is incredible.

Anyway, at the moment doing the A class world championship (I don't bother with that season mode thingy) with a Mustang Cobra R with the 5.0 "cammer" engine. Damn that thing screams and you can put it into a focus XD

p.s Massive dissapointment on multi-player options (or lack there of) and no sound change with ANY engine mods...

It's a 720p game, upscaled or not.

I'm currently doing sideways shenanigans with my AWD Celica and RX7, also toying around with doing stupid things to Saleen's S331 :) Love a good racing truck, I'm hoping I can tune it to run over other cars (literally), if not I'm going to try the other trucks until I rule the possibility out entirely.

I just took the F430 Scuderia down the "New" Fujimi Kaido downhill track, oh my god, I was absolutely amazed by the car, the track, the sound, even the graphics were awe inspiring at times, and the best bit, the tunnels, the sound of the F430 Scuderia in a tunnel is absolutely orgasmic, sounds great from in the car but blast through one in chase cam, absolutely wonderful.

I just took the F430 Scuderia down the "New" Fujimi Kaido downhill track, oh my god, I was absolutely amazed by the car, the track, the sound, even the graphics were awe inspiring at times, and the best bit, the tunnels, the sound of the F430 Scuderia in a tunnel is absolutely orgasmic, sounds great from in the car but blast through one in chase cam, absolutely wonderful.

It is good, isn't it? That track inspired my current project; a Datsun 510 hill climb car. It's currently racing and beating a Ferrari California :D

I am going to do that paint the chrome trick when i get it.....argh i have to WORK on the 27th too as well...maybe I can bring it to work and play it while taking calls....💡

Picked the game up yesterdy, wasn't that impressed with it to be honest, but after an hour or so I bought the E-36 M3 and a celica.....absoloutly loving it. Using the MS wheel and although it's not a great wheel it dose the job well. The game itself isn't a great leap foreward from F2 but it is certainly better for the update. I think the old saying "if it works don't fix it" holds true with F3. The main improvement though is the physics, there much "tighter" more responsive with more feedback to the driver.....all in all much less "floaty" than F2 which is a huge improvement.

These are some of the cars I will be aiming for early in Forza. I'm trying to go for a good variety of engine layout, drive train, aspiration type and country of origin.

Barracuda - RWD - US - V8 NA
f3barracuda.jpg

Focus RS - FWD - Europe - I4 NA
f3focusrs.jpg

Skyline R33 - AWD - Japan - I6 TT
f3r33.jpg

Evora - RWD - UK - V6 NA
f3evora.jpg

And, once I have the money:

FG Supercar - RWD - Australia - V8 NA
f3fgsupercar.jpg

DBR9 - RWD - UK - V12 NA
f3dbr9.jpg

I think the Focus RS uses a turbo 5 pot - not 4 N/A 👍

Well its not that realistic then, is it? :P

A RWD Focus RS with a sonking V8 in it does have quite an appeal though 👍

Well its not that realistic then, is it? :P

A RWD Focus RS with a sonking V8 in it does have quite an appeal though 👍

Forget realism, big engine conversions are where it's at! ;)

I can definatly see the appeal. I have for a long time wanted an RB26 in an orginal Fiat 500. Or the McF1's engine in an E36 M3.

The only problem I have is that that egotistical Dan whassisface who is involved in F3 contradicts his words so much. First its realistic, then they're putting in rewind functions.....

I have to say though, I am eyeing a 360 just for this game - the graphics and level of modification look amazing.

Moar eyecandy and juicy things done pleaaaase.

OOOhhhh. Um....er...an Elise with a 6-700hp from a 6 or 8 pot? I don't know the car list :S.

And I'd really like to see what would happen with a FWD 911.

Care to tell me which engine and separate drivetrain options there are for the 2006 Civic Si Coupe? A FWD V6 swap would be pretty awesome.

How are you nearly at level 50 in under a week?! I never got close to that in FM2...

In Forza 3 is very easy to get to level 50 (I'm there too)
All you have to do is just keep doing event racing instead of carrer mode, then when you get to have an R2 car, just keep doing the 17 laps race at Le Mans it gives you 110,000+ in credits (money) plus 100,000+ in XP so it's really easy to gain money and level up. My favorite R2 car is the Ferrari F50GT super fast and easy to handle.

I can't believe people are at level 50 already. I am doing Season Play, and I am at level 24 since playing countless hours since I got the game on Tuesday. It says that I am 8% done with the game. This game is going to take me months and month to finish. I never even got to level 50 in FM2 because it was taking forever. This seems to be twice as long as FM2 was!

Back