What are you listening to? (II)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 10,358 comments
  • 227,452 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphic Reason
lol... CG? I'm assuming you are refering to "computer generated"... Yes and no... It is most likely a mix of samplers, keyboards, drum machines (or groove boxes), as well as additions, structuring, and touching up durring the editing process (He uses Pro Tools)...

CG :crazy: You got what I meant though.. ;) tough day at work ... simple words work better :grumpy:

A Perfect Circle - Lullaby

Ever heard the awesome bass in this song? :scared:
 
Shannon
Beautiful song. 👍

Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here"

I just picked up the first riff on the guitar today. 👍

Indeed...

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (part I-V)

An amazing showcase of David Gilmore's soulful guitar work...

;)
 
Delphic Reason
Indeed...

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (part I-V)

An amazing showcase of David Gilmore's soulful guitar work...

;)
Have you checked out any of his solo stuff?

David Gilmour - "Cry From The Street" 👍
 
I feel so out of place in this Pink Floyd/David Gilmour conversation. :(

Tool - "Part Of Me (Live)"
 
Tool - Crawl Away
 
Stinky Chicken
Wow, this thread is active today.

Tool - "Third Eye (live)"

"Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes. On my back and tumbling down that hole and back again rising upand wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye. In Out In Out In Out A child's rhyme stuck in my head. It said that life is but a dream. I've spent so many years in question to find I've known this all along. "So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running?" Shrouding all the ground around me. Is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand. Which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been. I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar. Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song... "So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running away?" Prying open my third eye. So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing the tail of dogma. I opened my eye and there we were. So good to see you once again I thought that you were hiding from me. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing a trail of smoke and reason. Prying open my third eye."

Great song... 👍

Have you checked out any of his solo stuff?

David Gilmore - There's No Way Out of Here



;)
 
Delphic Reason
"Dreaming of that face again. It's bright and blue and shimmering. Grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes. On my back and tumbling down that hole and back again rising upand wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye. In Out In Out In Out A child's rhyme stuck in my head. It said that life is but a dream. I've spent so many years in question to find I've known this all along. "So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running?" Shrouding all the ground around me. Is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand. Which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been. I do not recognize the vessel, but the eyes seem so familiar. Like phosphorescent desert buttons singing one familiar song... "So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running away?" Prying open my third eye. So good to see you once again. I thought that you were hiding. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing the tail of dogma. I opened my eye and there we were. So good to see you once again I thought that you were hiding from me. And you thought that I had run away. Chasing a trail of smoke and reason. Prying open my third eye."

Great song... 👍

You actually took the time out of your day to type this? :lol:

I stopped reading after the first line, considering I know every lyric to every Tool song ever made. ;)
 
Stinky Chicken
I feel so out of place in this Pink Floyd/David Gilmour conversation. :(

Tool - "Part Of Me (Live)"
Well, I told you to acquire some Floyd months ago. :grumpy:

Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"
 
Getting on MSN 👍

Tool - Sober

(seems like a Tool Day today)
 
Shannon
Well, I told you to acquire some Floyd months ago. :grumpy:

Faith No More - "Midlife Crisis"

I haven't been able to acquire (I like the way you skirted around the illegal topic of downlo... Oh, wait. :lol: ) any Floyd because I've been acquiring other stuff. ;)

Tool - "Merkaba (Live)"

I've grown to like this err... song.
 
Tool - You Lied
 
Stinky Chicken
Tool - "Push it (Live)"

...again. :dunce:

That's my favorite Tool song (performance) of all time... epic and passionately exultant...

Tool - Disposition/Reflection



;)
 
Stinky Chicken
I haven't been able to acquire (I like the way you skirted around the illegal topic of downlo... Oh, wait. :lol: ) any Floyd because I've been acquiring other stuff. ;)

Tool - "Merkaba (Live)"

I've grown to like this err... song.

Well, stop acquiring other stuff and acquire some Floyd (and some Sabbath) like I told you to do well over 6 months ago now. :grumpy:

Faith No More - "Smaller and Smaller"
 
Shannon
Well, stop acquiring other stuff and acquire some Floyd (and some Sabbath) like I told you to do well over 6 months ago now. :grumpy:

Faith No More - "Smaller and Smaller"

What if I don't want to? ;)

Okay, I really really want to but stinking DC++ won't let me in! *insert MSN "finger-giving" smilie here*

Tool - "No Quarter"
 
Tool - Reflection

I love how the bass comes in at 0:20
 
Delphic Reason
That's my favorite Tool song (performance) of all time... epic and passionately exultant...
The intro - Maynard talking - sends chills up my spine. 👍

Delphic Reason
Tool - Disposition/Reflection



;)

Don't you mean Disposition/Reflection/Triad? ;)
 
Stinky Chicken
What if I don't want to? ;)

Okay, I really really want to but stinking DC++ won't let me in! *insert MSN "finger-giving" smilie here*

Tool - "No Quarter"
Try some different hubs! :dopey:

Faith No More - "Kindergarten"
 
Seems like a major Tool day for everyone, today...

Tool - "Maynard's Dick"
 
Tool - Third Eye
 
Shannon
Try some different hubs! :dopey:
You mean aside from about 30 in my hublist... literally?

Lateralus! Foo just started playing Lateralus!! Yeah man!

Tool - "The Grudge"
 
Tool - Aenima
 
Blast from the past

Daddy Cool - Eagle Rock
 
Stinky Chicken
You mean aside from about 30 in my hublist... literally?
Yes.

Lateralus! Foo just started playing Lateralus!! Yeah man!
I don't know what the hell you meant then... :confused:

In Flames - "Another Day In Quicksand"

Drums = awesome. 👍
 
now im onto Foreigner - Ive been waiting for a girl like you

Damn that Vice City
 
Shannon
I don't know what the hell you meant then... :confused:

Foobar just started playing the album Lateralus after it finished playing Salival...?

What's not to understand? j00 = :dunce:
 
now creed - arms wide open.

ive never heard of tool
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back