What are you listening to? (V)Music 

• Thread starter Sage
  • 31,974 comments
Me Yesterday
First Radiohead releases a single, then James Blake releases his whole album by surprise!? DAMN THIS WEEK WAS GOOD FOR MUSIC

And somehow, it got better. Turns out Death Grips just released Bottomless Pit.

So, to recap:

And I can't believe I nearly forgot about Skepta finally releasing Konnichiwa.

And Stormzy dropped a new single.

And also Views. Even though that was last week, really.

GOD DAMN.

EDIT: I've just realised that I missed out the new Red Hot Chili Peppers single. And the latest King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard album. And the other new Radiohead single.

wut.

Last edited:
This:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Awesome music, so many different styles fused into a work of art.

Alan Silvestri - Captain America - The First Avenger End Credits

I've recently jumped on the No Man's Sky hype bandwagon, and thanks to it I'm listening to some songs I think fit with this epic game. June 23 can't come fast enough! :D

Boards of Canada - "Roygbiv"

Porter Robinson - "Sea of Voices (RAC Remix)"

BT - "13 Angels on My Broken Windowsill"

Mistabishi - "From Memory"

Underworld - "Glam Bucket"

Wow now that is super irritating; I have high speed fibre and this thread still took a minute to load... so if you like music and you have dial up... LOL.... tough.

Oh well might as well join in ... I listen to all sorts of things.... I along with Eminem really like this bloke a very great deal; clever and varied

PARENTAL GUIDANCE ADVISORY - Do Not view these videos if under age in your location_ BAD, NAUGHTY, & POTTY MOUTH language..... welcome to Slumerica

And this. A slightly odd video so bare with it

Das Boot (The Boat)... what a simply fantastic and reasonably detailed representation of the misery of U-boat warfare in WW2. One of my favourite WW2 films, along with the totally brilliant and unsurpassed Der Untergang (Downfall) covering the last days in Hitler's Berlin bunker.

Allied propaganda had it that the Wolf Packs were almost super human or even supernatural... so all the better when they defeated them which in effect they did.

The reality was after some early success it was an almost suicidal posting. In the first real year of the World War in 1940 they lost 24 boats with U-31 being sunk, recovered and sunk again! By 1943 they lost 244 U-boats that year, 249 in 1944 and 129 in the last few months of the war in 1945. A huge number of U Boats were laid down but never completed, work on them stopping as soon as 1943 (when most of those in charge of the Nazi state already realised the game was up and they had lost)

Politicians on all sides, along with banks and big business create wars... it is of course just ordinary people in all sides who fight them.

(My profuse apologies if this is unwanted here... I am sure a mod can get rid of it if it offends someone's sensibilities)

Back