What are you listening to? (V)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 35,455 comments
  • 1,800,018 views
I was listening to Selling England By the Pound, but I don't think the batteries were as charged as I thought cause the CD player died halfway through Cinema Show.
 
Wake n bake tunes :-)








 
Last edited:
A lost gem unreleased until 2015, this 1965 Gold Star Studio recoding features genius-level lyrics co-written by Harry Nilsson and vocals by Veronica Bennet, whose unique voice penetrates the Wall of Sound like cosmic rays. Why wasn't it released? Maybe it was half a minute over the Top 40 standard for length, but equally likely is the quirky madness of the producer.

 
A new one from Grimes that I quite like...

 
 
I've been listening to a lot of music on YouTube while working. One channel I've really been enjoying lately is Indie and Folk Radio. They have some excellent compilations, like this Dream Pop/Lo-Fi Indie set from April of last year.
 
 

Given that there exists a novelization I'm surprised they haven't tried to turn this into a movie yet. The lyrics that come with the CDs are already written like a screenplay. And given that one person plays multiple characters you'll probably need to read along with the "screenplay" to understand what's going on.
 
Experiencing poverty and loneliness? This one is for you.

The Boxer


Musicological footnote:
 
Last edited:
"Drove downtown in the rain 9:30 on a Tuesday night
just to check out the late night record shop."
That's me in a nutshell. Too bad there aren't any late night record shops any more.
 
Okay, I admit it, girl groups are one of my many weaknesses. I'll get a stiffy, burst into tears, or have some other emotional reaction. There are many female artists and girl groups to choose from. I prefer the direct appeal. Here's two to choose from singing the same seductive tune.





For the musicologists in the house
 

I saw him at Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival in 1990. I didn't have money for a ticket, and parking was impossible around the Seattle Center during Bumbershoot. I worked as a delivery driver for a bakery at the time, so I solved both problems by borrowing a delivery van and driving it through the vendor entrance. I was able to park and enjoy several shows including Richard Thompson's.
 
A friend Tenesha on Worldwide FM.

 
Because I just mentioned this version elsewhere, but also because I love it so very much.

 
Last edited:
Back