What are you listening to? (V)Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sage
  • 35,465 comments
  • 1,805,046 views

I always thought the girl on the cover was wearing a big white gown, but I recently realized that it is indeed whipped cream!
 

I always thought the girl on the cover was wearing a big white gown, but I recently realized that it is indeed whipped cream!

The model is a woman from Seattle named Dolores Erickson. She’s 84 now. She’s wearing a bikini with the shoulder straps pulled down. It’s almost all cotton batting and shaving cream because real cream got runny easily. The only real whipped cream was on her head and on her finger. Oh, and she was three months pregnant at the time.

I grew up in the sixties. My parents had that album. For a lot of men my age it was a Very Important Album Cover.
 
The model is a woman from Seattle named Dolores Erickson. She’s 84 now. She’s wearing a bikini with the shoulder straps pulled down. It’s almost all cotton batting and shaving cream because real cream got runny easily. The only real whipped cream was on her head and on her finger. Oh, and she was three months pregnant at the time.

I grew up in the sixties. My parents had that album. For a lot of men my age it was a Very Important Album Cover.
“Shaving cream and other delights” :lol:
 
Black Pearl


P. Spector and the Wrecking Crew
 
Stevie Ray Vaughan and the art of the guitar switch
 
With Forza Horizon 3 reaching end of life, it's time to revel in some "Wicked Game." I love this live performance just so I can see what the lead guitarist is doing.


And the FH3 trailer that ties it all together.
 
Last edited:
Elbow afrobeat... glad I popped in.
It's a gorgeous tune and it's written so well. Courting the Thrall Squall is full of gems.
 
I tried out The Seldom Seen Kid after "Grounds For Divorce" made it onto the Dirt 3 soundtrack but the rest of the album wasn't for me. Will try this one out, though.
 
Yesterday was the birthday of both Feargal Sharkey and Michael Bradley of the Undertones, so have some Irish punk.

Gotta love The Undertones, but Feargals brand of pop post-'Tones is much more my speed.



That vibrato, though.
 
It's a gorgeous tune and it's written so well. Courting the Thrall Squall is full of gems.

I tried out The Seldom Seen Kid after "Grounds For Divorce" made it onto the Dirt 3 soundtrack but the rest of the album wasn't for me. Will try this one out, though.
Yeah, it's good so far. Alex Reeves' Tony Allen-style drums are a highlight. "Unwind" sounds a little reminiscent of Blur's "Beetlebum" though.
 
"Unwind" sounds a little reminiscent of Blur's "Beetlebum" though.
I suppose I sort of get that, but it's not something I'd have caught on my own.

...

 

ALLY VENABLE ALL DAY EVERYDAY
she is music perfection
any of her live videos on the tube
are worth watching
she is the greatest guitar player ever
she is music perfected
 
They've been playing this on the radio here a lot recently:

 
Back