What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
over the pound now, bout £1.02 a litre, which i think worked out bout $8 a gallon, i think.. diesel keeps going up more and more now :odd: guess someone figured as they dont have to fill up as much they might as well make a bit more money when they do, noone seems to complain bout that tho :odd:
 
As I've said before do not convert your prices into USD. If it's high for your part of the world then leave it at that.
 
Why not, it gives people a good understanding of the rates. £1.04 which is what it costs per litre here is probably a meaningless figure for most people outside the UK. Whereas if I said it costs £1.04 which is about $2.05 per litre at current exchange rates then that's a value you can relate to better, no? If someone wants to do that then let them, if they try to argue that you guys have got it lucky, then perhaps you have reason to complain since were different markets with different taxes and so on and has little to do with the topic. But that's a different thing to converting a value to one that will be understood better by the majority of members on this site.
 
Breaking news - For the first time in history, gas hits the magic 11 DKK pr. liter price.

11 DKK = GBP (£) 1.1

11 DKK = USD (US$) 2.17

11 DKK = AUD (AU$) 2.47

*sigh*
 
The exchange rate sucks right now for the US dollar so it appears you guys are paying a whole lot more then we do. If you read up a few posts I switched the exchange rate around to show what it would be like if the US dollar was actually stronger. You have to compare it to the market you live it, otherwise I could sit here and complain about how people in the Middle East pay something like $.75 per gallon.
 
I agree with what your saying, this thread isn't about that, but I'm not saying that we should compare our prices to yours. I'm pointing out that a value of say 75p probably means nothing to most members on here, whereas 75p or $1.47 probably means something. I'm not saying to compare the rates directley with thoes in the US, I'm simply saying that if someone wants to convert the value, all their doing is putting it in a figure thats easier for more people to get. If they convert it and then say "what you complaining at your rates for" that's a different kettle of fish altogether.
 
Not TO bad, but 3.33 for regular still sucks

But diesel is at 3.65, why the hell are they doing that? its just the stuff at the bottom of the barrel. It used to be the other way around, it used to be CHEAPER than regular. Gah. I had these gas prices. Im riding my bike when the weather gets better
 
$1.03-1.06 a liter over here in Ontario.
 
Well, I'm actually not paying, but today was 104.7 cents/litre once again in Ontario. The prices are dropping...
 
We're sitting at about $3.25 a gallon, give or take, which at least in my opinion isn't that painful. But my car is broken, and I'm not paying, so thats not that big of a deal at the moment...
 
Gas is $3.26 today. Yesterday it was $3.30. Thursday it was $3.28. I don't even think the gas stations know what is going on any more.
Price of diesel, however, is skyrocketing.
 
I think this kind of puts New Zealand's fuel prices into perspective:

PetrolPrices-1.jpg


Interestingly although this chart is now two years out of date we are still sitting at about $1.78/l which is still relatively low compared to the previous price spikes.

I feel better about filling u[p my car now :D
 
10 years ago petrol was 65c
5 years ago 95c
today $1.50
 
I saw $3.55 in town the other day and $3.39 in the industrial area. I think we are still around $3.30 in the suburbs for premium.

EDIT: (for premium)

National average: $3.40 -> up $.02 in a month.

Michigan is at $3.49 and Washington at 3.48.

Looks like the New England area is paying a lot and I'm still trying to figure out why Alaska is always one of the most expensive places.
 
im from canada! :D we pay $1/liter i dont know what that would be in gallons... to lazy to goggle it
 
im from canada! :D we pay $1/liter i dont know what that would be in gallons... to lazy to goggle it

And I'm too lazy to do it for you.


We're currently seeing prices ranging from £1.029 to £1.069 a litre (£3.75 - £3.90/US gallon; £4.68 - £4.86/Imp gallon; $7.60 - $7.89/US gallon; $9.12 - $9.48/Imp gallon) for regular 95RON (~90 octane) Unleaded.

Amusingly, I've seen diseasel prices up to £1.169 a litre.
 
Gas jumped up again today, $3.42 for premium now and some station have it at $3.45. Diesel is $3.59 I think.
 
Amusingly, I've seen diseasel prices up to £1.169 a litre.
Ouch, I haven't seen any that high, not round here yet anyway.
 
I just paid $39 to fill-up the Jetta with mid-grade (about $3.29 a gallon). That isn't too bad. Thats what I paid all summer to fill 'er up...
 
At the rate Famine posted my 306 would have cost £70.14 to fill up, you want me to convert that :lol:;). Prices have hit stupid and then some here, I put £35 into my Focus when I go to the petrol station, that gets it over half way, that would cost about £57.53 to fill up.
 
£1.00-£1.02 for 95RON Unleaded, and £1.04 - £1.06 for regular diesel here in Edinburgh. Prices in UK Pounds per litre.
 
Paid $3.14 a gallon today in Grand Rapids. Took about $25 to fill up from 1/4.
 
I paid £1.11 per/l for some V-Power a couple of days ago, I was like Dizzam. Granted it was a motorway ripoff station and not anywhere near where I live but dizzam still.
 
Fuel was $1.36.9AUD per litre today for cheapo unleaded, thats pretty high considering it is monday.
 
Paid $3.14 a gallon today in Grand Rapids.

Not too bad for the Walker area (thats where you are, right?)... I got mine right off the highway here in Kentwood. I'd bet that it would be cheaper on 44th street, as usual...
 
I'm still trying to figure out why Alaska is always one of the most expensive places.

they ship it through the pipe line down to Port Angeles on the washinton pininsula to get purified and they ship it back up. they pay like $4-$5 up there.

We pay $3.36

Note: my brother claims that you guy's will come after him with large guns and knives and kill him walking to school so i can't let you guy's know where i am.
 
Not too bad for the Walker area (thats where you are, right?)... I got mine right off the highway here in Kentwood. I'd bet that it would be cheaper on 44th street, as usual...

Yep, it was at the Meijer station on Alpine & Hillside. Only a matter of 2 minutes from my house :)
 
they ship it through the pipe line down to Port Angeles on the washinton pininsula to get purified and they ship it back up. they pay like $4-$5 up there.

We pay $3.36

That's what I thought might be the case but it probably would make sense to do a little refining there.

Note: my brother claims that you guy's will come after him with large guns and knives and kill him walking to school so i can't let you guy's know where i am.

:odd:

Yep, it was at the Meijer station on Alpine & Hillside. Only a matter of 2 minutes from my house :)

That explains it. I should've known it would be at the ghetto Walmart.
 
That's what I thought might be the case but it probably would make sense to do a little refining there.



:odd:



That explains it. I should've known it would be at the ghetto Walmart.

It was $3.14 everywhere down the street..
 
Sucks to be Europe..

Australia isnt to bad, a lot dearer than US, but still cheaper than Europe.

So we can complain, just not to loud.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back