What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I don't complain too much here. In world terms it takes me slightly less than 4 hours work to get a weeks fuel. And I'm not on a huge wage.
 
but your car runs on an oily rag
 
but your car runs on an oily rag

Actually I've had the air-con on all week. So this week I've only got about 9L/100km. It sucks.

In a couple of weeks I'm going to try to make the 750km trip to Sydney on one tank.
 
Petrol dropped slightly back down to $3.39 and some station even had it for $3.35.
 
Petrol dropped slightly back down to $3.39 and some station even had it for $3.35.
What's that per litre? Too lazy to calculate :dunce: :dopey:
In Finland petrol is 1,45€ per litre and diesel around 1,23 I think... Calculate yourselves what it is in $/gallons.
 
1 gallon = ~3.79 litres, so that means it's about $.89 per litre.
 
Apparently since the US economy is tanking the price of crude is going down which means cheaper prices at the pump. This was noticeable since before work this morning I had to fill up and it was only $2.98 per gallon for premium and $2.78 for regular. This is always the time of year the prices drop though, last year it was about $1.78 or so per gallon.
 
I noticed the other afternoon that it was $2.90 for regular and I actually said "Hey, gas is pretty cheap again!"

Yes, I realize now that it was very odd indeed...
 
I saw gas for $3.37 at one place and drove a quarter mile down and got it for $3.25.

SCORE xD
 
Gas hasn't changed too much around here.

In town: $2.84/gal
Closest station: $2.89/gal
 
Paid $2.75 yesterday for regular. Ultra is hovering around $3.00/gal.
 
Filled up today for $3.159
 
I paid $2.859 per gallon yesterday. And that was $0.10 cheaper than the petrol station ACROSS THE STREET!
 
Yay... it's up from 3.40 to 3.60 in less than a week. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna need everyone's "gas savings tips" short of a new car, ethanol, or riding my bike... Thanks.
 
JCE
I paid $2.859 per gallon yesterday. And that was $0.10 cheaper than the petrol station ACROSS THE STREET!

My my my how a couple of months changes the price. I spent $3.09 USD per gallon yesterday. Maybe not as high as the rest of the US or even Europe but it does hit my pocketbook just as hard seeing how I'm poor.
 
Apparently the rates for regular jumped from around $3.18 to $3.45 today. I guess I haven't been paying attention much because I remember when premium was in that range.
 
I bought gas yesterday at $3.18, got half a tank in my Brother's Camry for $25. It jumped to $3.45 on my way back to my house, they were changing the signs as I drove by.

Worried?

Not really. We're still paying less than Europe.

Angry?

Yeah, its getting to that point again.
 
Just looked at the AAA gas gauge. I'm sure mom and dad will be thrilled to have me coming home when gas is at $3.79 per gallon for premium. That's a 40 to 50 cent jump over what I remember for Christmas break. It's great living in a state locked in competition with Alaska and Hawaii for second highest in the union.
 
It doesn't surprise me the least petrol prices are going up. It's 108$ a barrel remember.
 
Does New Zealand use Litres...?
 
$3.49 for premium.
 
"Cheap" around here is £1.049 for normal Unleaded (95RON, which is about 91 Octane). Average is £1.069. Expensive is £1.089. And if you drive diseasel, forget it - £1.139 average.

So average fuel is £4.05/$7.97 per US gallon.
 
Diesel is about $4.15 per gallon around here.
 
Well for whatever reason fuel jumped over night. Premium was averaging about $3.59 - $3.63 this morning and diesel was averaging about $4.25. I guess there is talk of a trucker strike here in the coming weeks, which would ruin the economy.

Also I noticed someone asked about fuel saving tips so here are some:

- Easy on the throttle, no more then 1/2 way down. Imagine there is an egg under the pedal, drive your vehicle so you won't break it.
- Properly inflated tires.
- Clean filters and fuel system.
- Try to time light so you can keep rolling (saves on the brakes as well).
- Don't carry excess weight in the vehicle.
 
Put gas in my dad's Mazda Tribute today at $1.0944 a liter. They're saying gas prices will reach $1.50 a liter real soon over here. I'm going to love the gas mileage my RX-7 gets........................
 
Gas went up to $3.149 here. I can forsee this getting really bad. Right about now my V8 242,350 mile engined gas mileage is starting to take its toll. :eek:

Also I noticed someone asked about fuel saving tips so here are some:

- Easy on the throttle, no more then 1/2 way down. Imagine there is an egg under the pedal, drive your vehicle so you won't break it.
- Properly inflated tires.
- Clean filters and fuel system.
- Try to time light so you can keep rolling (saves on the brakes as well).
- Don't carry excess weight in the vehicle.

Pfft I got that last one covered.



Oh, and I've lost 57lbs in 13 months. :D
 
Need to get more extreme like TG in Africa. :dopey:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back