What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now we're paying around $3.30 for premium. I've seen as low as $3.18. Prices have been coming down all summer.
 
$2.79 for regular here...which is surprising since it was about $3.29 when I left for the UK.
 
I paid almost $54.00 to fill my truck up the other day.

I just paid £57 to fill the Wagon (<----) up. It's about £0.97 a litre here. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't get 24 mpg, my mate gets more in his M3.

Edit - Just worked out that's over 8 and a half US$ per gallon. Blimey.
 
You can't convert anything into US dollars, the USD verse the GBP is dumb.
 
After hitting $3.00/gal here earlier in the summer, gas has come down nicely.

In town: $2.45/gal
Closest station: $2.54/gal

Labor Day's coming soon, so I expect those prices to jump $.20 overnight.
 
I just paid £57 to fill the Wagon (<----) up. It's about £0.97 a litre here. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't get 24 mpg, my mate gets more in his M3.

Edit - Just worked out that's over 8 and a half US$ per gallon. Blimey.

yuo shouldnt be getting less than an M3. which model M3 and what model do you have.

i think the driver comes into this equation significantly. my cars stated fuel economy when new was 19/23 (urban, extra urban.) ive managed to get 25 pretty consistently on freeway driving and even did that averaging 75 mph from denver to los angeles. 1078 miles IIRC.

look in all the fuel economy threads on the car related boards and you should pick up some tips to improve your economy.
 
We're down to about $2.70 in most places, so I'm probably going to end up paying $2.80 for midgrade tomorrow. I don't mind though... I can usually go 350+ miles on a tank without hitting the "secondary" tank in the car, so I'm looking at a $40 fill-up or so.

===

And comparing UK prices to US prices, you first have to take into consideration the difference is sizes of the gallons (ours are about 80% the size of yours), and then the currency. Taxes work in there as well...
 
I do nearly all my miles around town where as my mate does quite a lot (30k+ a year in total) of motorway miles so he still ends up using more petrol - it's just the numbers which sound bad. If I go on a longer run 30 mpg is not too far away but then I end up doing extra miles so still spend more on fuel anyway. Maybe I just need to slow down a bit.....
 
Prices have gone up a few pennies this week in the UK. Put in £5 unleaded petrol and got 5.01 litres :(
 
It was around $2.97 and now it's back up to $3.04 :grumpy:
 
92.1 cents a litre. Was down from a 96 a few days ago.
 
It's between $2.89 and $3.09 depending on what city you are in right now.
 
$2.69 consistently.
 
Petrol here is now consistantly over £1 a litre ($8 a US gallon, I think).
 
Roo
Petrol here is now consistantly over £1 a litre ($8 a US gallon, I think).
Tell me about it :grumpy: Starting to wish I had Danny's Matiz now...



.. no, wait, I'm not.
 
$3.19 a gallon but I last paid $3.06
 
$3.179 at the BP I filled up at

$3.159 at Citgo and Mobil
 
In Munich (and I think in all of Germany), diesel climbed to over 1.31 euro / litre. That's about 1.9 US$ / litre.....that makes.......7.1$ per gallon !!! I'm so pissed off right now.... But luckily we got a diesel.....

If you'r thinking of buying a petrol BMW 5 series, don't :D I can't hold back my enthusiasm when the car uses 7L diesel (100km). That'd be around ....34 MPG for a car with 220 hp and 500nm :D

Here, the difference between petrol and diesel is only 10 cent / litre....It's just plain crazy.....but I think (actually I'm sure) they'll just keep raising them prices in the near future, because we (well, not me in particular) are so bonded to using the car (if you live somewhere without good public transport)
 
Last time I saw it (couple of days ago) it was $3.45 gal. :grumpy: 👎
 
$3.25 average around here right now.
 
I don't want to discuss fuel prices as it makes me very angry indeed.
 
Diesel EUR 1.18/LTR = $7.79/GALLON
Petrol EUR 1.43/LTR = $9.44/GALLON

(Whoa where's that USD going?!)
 
$1.26 aud
 
$3.02 per gallon.
 
I think most of England is up over £1 per litre now. Using the £1.01 per litre for unleaded I saw today:

£1.01 per litre = &#8364;1.45 per litre = $8.06 (US) and $8.69? (AU) per gallon. :scared:
 
I just paid £1.06 per litre for Shell optimax.

*crys*
 
0.68&#8364;/litre (95 oct)

tee hee :p
 
$1.20AUD/L = £0.53/L = $4.3USD/Gallon

I pay about $55 ($51US) a week on fuel, which is sometimes 1/4 my weekly pay.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back