What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancerfuel is 118.9 around here. Fail.
 
WTf... it's $3.77 a gal. here now. FAIL... :mad:
 
I paid $3.299 yesterday. $10.00 doesn't go too far these days...
 
$25 gets me about a half-tank in my brother's Camry, and thats at $3.51 a gallon. We're still paying less than everyone else, and furthermore, its still about what we were paying last year.

*sigh*

But, we've gota 50cc scooter now, so thats always fun on shorter trips...
 
JCE
I paid $3.299 yesterday. $10.00 doesn't go too far these days...

You're lucky. I got ripped for $3.65 the other. That damn gas staion was gouging like hell $0.10 higher than everybody else. They're lucky I had go to school and had no time or I would've left and found another place. That and i was thinking about going in a raising hell. lol

Needless to say I'm done with Wawa, and that paticular 7-11.
 
$3.59 for premium, still only costs about $40 to fill my car up though so it isn't to bad. I've just learned to accept the higher cost of fuel and plan my driving more carefully. If I'm easy on the throttle and think about where I'm driving I can easily make a tank last 415 miles and about 10 days depending on where I have to go

Diesel is still about $4.29 a gallon though, I am so glad I didn't get the TDI like I had originally thought about getting.
 
highest price in seattle is apparently 3.91 (average is 3.50.) highest here in tacoma is 3.69 (avg 3.466.)
 
Even the discount gas stations (Valero) is outragous... $3.79 a gal. :mad:
 
Oh joy... It's now $3.83

I have to fill up soon too.
 
Gas shot up $0.10 yesterday, then dropped $0.12 today. Now at $3.27. Diesel is at $3.79.
Joey D
Diesel is still about $4.29 a gallon though, I am so glad I didn't get the TDI like I had originally thought about getting.
Still, if you play your cards right, that is only $4.39 a month.
 
All that ranting about fuel costing less than four dollars a gallon is outright ridiculous. In here it costs $2.25 a litre. That's about $9 a gallon for you. Filling the tank of my car costs $135. Puts things into a perspective, no?
 
Man I'm glad gas here is only $3.40!
 
I was ... amused today when I saw that a local premium gas station charges us 1,59 Euro a liter of their best (100 octane) fuel. Thats $9,53 a gallon. :sick:
 
I remember back in 2001 I had to stop for gas in Blythe, California and I was pissed I had to pay $1.99 a gallon. It's funny how things change.
 
All that ranting about fuel costing less than four dollars a gallon is outright ridiculous.
Unless I am mistaken, it is that much over there because it is taxed far more.
Furthermore, it has been roughly that expensive for quite a few years in most of Europe. What if fuel over there was to double from $11 to $22 in the span of a few years? I'd say we have every right to complain based on that alone, irrelevant of any price comparisons to Europe or inflation adjustments.
 
Furthermore, it has been roughly that expensive for quite a few years in most of Europe.
Actually, it hasn't. But your price increase has been more severe, so basically, I agree. Nevertheless, paying about thrice as much is quite a burden.
 
Of course how much do you guys drive over there in Europe?
 
I used to drive 100 km a day (63 miles) from home to work and back. Averaging 8-9 liters on that route with my car, that'd equal about $20 a day just for fuel.

However, I have moved much closer to my workplace now, so I only have to drive about 20 km a day.
 
I remember the time when fuel cost three to four marks a litre, roughly comparable to about $0.60 - $0.80 in today's currency. And I'm still only 21 so it wasn't in the seventies or so, it was a good way into the nineties. Today it's three times as expensive, I'd say we have pretty much the same situation as you there. With the exception that you're still paying that $0.80 a litre... and you complain. Which I honestly can't understand as it was practically free before, now it's only dirt cheap.
 
Well that's good, how long does a tank of gas usually last for you?

I remember the time when fuel cost three to four marks a litre, roughly comparable to about $0.60 - $0.80 in today's currency. And I'm still only 21 so it wasn't in the seventies or so, it was a good way into the nineties. Today it's three times as expensive, I'd say we have pretty much the same situation as you there. With the exception that you're still paying that $0.80 a litre... and you complain. Which I honestly can't understand as it was practically free before, now it's only dirt cheap.

Well the reason we're complaining is since we were paying only about $1-1.50 in the late 90's-early 00's and now it's 2-3 times as much, just like you actually!
 
Well that's good, how long does a tank of gas usually last for you?
Lasted just a week when I did the long route, now it lasts roughly 2,5 to 3 weeks, depending on where I'm going else.
 
Me being in college, I barely drive so a tank can last me a month!
 
All that ranting about fuel costing less than four dollars a gallon is outright ridiculous. In here it costs $2.25 a litre. That's about $9 a gallon for you. Filling the tank of my car costs $135. Puts things into a perspective, no?

How much does a pack of cigarettes cost there?
 
I don't smoke so I don't know for sure, but...

if it's of any interest, I think that a box of Marlboros with 17 cigarettes is 4,20 Euros in Germany, which equals $6,61.
 
Hmm...that's about the same as here. I read about some countries in Europe and elsewhere getting very low tax and the trouble in trying to ship to the US.
 
You seriously didn't just pull the sig card did you... lol sad, that's something you brought on yourself. Gas is more of a necessity. As for you guys in Europe I drive AT LEAST 50 mi. TWICE a week... On top of all the other driving I have to do. I'd imagine it evens out.
 
I think he was just comparing the two countries, nothing wrong with that.
 
someone at the shell station was changing the numbers, and messed up. lukily i had half a tank, because i'd hate paying $348 a gallon. :lol:
 
I remember a few months ago, the gas station I went to had the pumps with the digital prices on them, and midgrade was less than regular!:lol: I'll bet someone got fired after that.
 
127 cents per litre or higher for 91-octane.
United States equivalent: $4.84 per US gallon.

My car gets about 16L/100km (15 mi/gal US) and each refill is about $110
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back