What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
um, heh heh heh, $3.89 for the low grade here, which is 85. my car is supposed to take 87, but supposedly at higher altitudes you can put lower in. i havent experienced any problems with knocking, so i'm gonna keep putting 85 in. the lowest price we have here is at some meat packing plant where my dad works. he has to use his ID card in order to get it, but the premium there is $3.69, compared to like $4.15 at the other stations.
 
Today I saw a $3.99 for mid-grade, but $4.79 for premium? A bit of a big jump there, any idea what caused it?
 
Greedy people.

Gas prices around Jacksonville, Florida are around $3.8x for regular.
 
I saw 4.13 for reg today and was like :eek:.
 
$4.09 reg today...
 
About $1.55 p/litre today for unleaded. $1.77 for deisel. LPG is about $0.75.
 
The last time I bought gas (Friday) it was $4.09 a gallon. Cost me $55 to fill up the Celica... A long shot from my first car, the 1993 VW Fox, at only $17 to fill the tank.

Those were the days...
 
Just under $4 here in Southern Illinois. Last time I looked (a couple of days ago at least) regular was $3.95 and premium was $4.02.

Edit: Some towns a bit further out are running around $4.02-4.05 for regular.
 
new highest iv seen, 115.9p and 130.9p
think i better fill up sooner rather than later
 
Filled up 87 octane on Monday at $4/gal.
 
It's nearing 14 swedish kronor a litre here, which is 8.84 us dollars a gallon. (Prices are pretty similar between 95 and 98 octane fuel, and even more expensive for diesel.)

There's been talk about doubling the price in order to reach EU's enviromental goals. But I think it was more to show how high the goals are, rather than an actual proposal.
 
Just went up to 3.979 for 91 octane.
 
$4.36 for premium here. I put $58 in the Prelude yesterday.... :grumpy:
 
£5.22 per gallon so roughly $10 per gallon.
 
Auto manufacturers definitely have to start develop alternative powerplants for cars as gasoline is getting too expensive.
 
1,56€ per litre here, translates to $9,27 a gallon. Filling my car from zero costs a nice 93,60€ or $144 for you Americans.
 
1,56€ per litre here, translates to $9,27 a gallon. Filling my car from zero costs a nice 93,60€ or $144 for you Americans.

That's double what we pay to fill up, and then some!
 
$4.39 for premium as of recently.
 
Auto manufacturers definitely have to start develop alternative powerplants for cars as gasoline is getting too expensive.

Actually, its still cheap for us. By a long-shot. Higher gas prices are forcing people to make better decisions, I like that. The bio-fuel stuff needs to be thought through a bit more, and the hybrid stuff is only holding us over for so long. We've still got two years until we see the Volt, and until diesel prices come down, I'm not sure how well that will be able to penetrate the market... Of course, we'll see with Honda's diesel-powered Accord and BMW's diesel 3-series.
 
Oh joy, two days later it's up to $4.19 :rolleyes:

Thank god I filled up when I did...
 
I thought it would go down after the holiday weekend, but I guess the greedy bastards needed to continue to be greedy. Diesel is over $5.00 now and they are saying petrol prices could be there by August...oh joy.
 
It's gonna keep going up until we put a pitchfork under a few politician's buttocks. good lord, I am glad I own a 1.6, but now is NOT the time to be unemployed.
 
It's gonna keep going up until we put a pitchfork under a few politician's buttocks. good lord, I am glad I own a 1.6, but now is NOT the time to be unemployed.

Now you tell me...


Regular is up to 4.20 now. What is up with the local stations changing it every few hours? I leave to go out and do a few things, when I come back, they changed the price. This happens on a daily basis.:grumpy:
 
I paid 4.01... for Plus 89 Shell... in Speedway, IN...
 
$4.39 for premium as of recently.

$4.50 average for Michigan right now.

My car is looking at $4.38 per gallon gas. And I'm still only getting 21 mpg city. And that's certainly making that V-12 XJS I found on craig'slist look pretty unattractive.

At least our prices aren't going up as fast. The national average is spiking pretty sharply, but Washington isn't going up quite as quickly. We're now only $.08 above the national average for regular, which is pretty unheard of.
 
At the moment, it's resting at 3.899 for 87 in the rural areas and in the inner-city area, 3.959. Meanwhile, gas prices are affecting prices of cars in our area.

Check this out:

Price of a 1994 Suzuki Swift/ Geo Metro: $7,000 (1998)
Price today, same car: $7,200. This is all local to here (Rural Pennsylvania, here.)


Same thing happening anywhere else?


Also, wonder what my uncle's 1.3L Festiva 5-speed would go for now... :lol:



Cheers,
Jetboy
 
linky

look at that a decent leader doing something for the people! who coulda thought :dopey: says jan hope they were successful :sick:
 
You americans shouldn't really complain about your gas prices. :p ;)
 
Why? We've been over this a thousand times, it's gone up here by quite a bit in a short amount of time. Last year I was paying $2.00 less a gallon.
 
Why? We've been over this a thousand times, it's gone up here by quite a bit in a short amount of time. Last year I was paying $2.00 less a gallon.

Ok wow, I didn't know that. Still only half of what we pay though, but I realize the sudden increase is heavy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back