What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put 47 dollars of 93 ultra in my tank today to fill it up 13 gallons. I think it could be a lot worse. If I keep my car in a higher gear it and drive really slow and careful I can get about 26-30mpg (not including starting from a stop) city and on the highway I can get about 35. I have a little real time display of gas millage. My 2008 gti is rated a less than that but it is average amount of mpgs. I know a i can get about 125 miles)i reset the trip counter every time I fill up) from half tank to a little lower than a quater tank (I usually only up 20 bucks in at a time).

BTW 93 octane from sunoco is 3.80 per gallon.
 
You may be able to get away with 87 octane if you're not pushing it at all.
 
$4.09 a gallon for premium. I about 240-260 miles on 11 gallons. And that is smashing on it everywhere I go.
 
You may be able to get away with 87 octane if you're not pushing it at all.

Bad idea, always put the recommend fuel in the car. Really it's only 20 cents more and over a 12 gallon tank you are only paying $2.40 more.
 
About $1.55 p/litre here. A few years ago it was half that. :grumpy:
 
I remember it being $0.45/litre like 10 years ago.
 
I remember it being like $0.70. I can't remember a whole lot 10 years ago though. I remember getting a toy car for my 4th birthday.
 
What a surprise, I got 27 mpg today... dunno how. I'd say I've had the windows down most of the time, but I've also implemented gas saving tactics religiously. Glad it paid off.

Filled up 10 gal for $3.98 totalled to $40. 👍 yay... :hercules hercules:
 
$1.93/l for 91 for the Diamante.
$2.03/l for 98 for the Evo.
Fun.
 
Here the usual is around €1.25/litre for petrol and €1.31/litre for diesel.
 
I paid $4.07 per gallon to fill up last night.

I remember the days of $1.40 a gallon and when $1.60 in California was super expensive.
 
Yeah! I filled up today for $4.19! How exciting!
 
and we're paying 1,50€ for a litre.. multiply that with 3.7x and you get 5,60€ for gallon.. and 5.60€ is 8,63 U.S. dollars.. for a gallon of 95 octane. :ouch: even diesel prices have raised 30 cents in 6 months here..
 
$4.09 a gallon for premium. I about 240-260 miles on 11 gallons. And that is smashing on it everywhere I go.

me and a friend went for a "cruise" down the country side in his DAX Tojeiro (AC Cobra) and we used 3/4's of a tank doing about 8mpg :scared: and that was at £1.23 a litre! ive never seen a fuel guage go down that fast before! not even in the evos at knockhill!
 
This is slightly off-topic, but how much IS a gallon?

We're paying about $1.55 p/litre for unleaded last i checked, and about $1.70 p/litre for deisel. Absolutely crazy! LPG is about $0.80 i think.
 
1 US liquid gallon = 3.785L
1 UK gallon = 4.546L
 
This is slightly off-topic, but how much IS a gallon?

We're paying about $1.55 p/litre for unleaded last i checked, and about $1.70 p/litre for deisel. Absolutely crazy! LPG is about $0.80 i think.
You think that is crazy. Don't immigrate to Europe.
We pay between €1.4 and €1.5 per litre in Belgium, if I'm right, about $2.32 - $2.49 per litre. Diesel is cheaper though. :ouch:
 
Diesel is insane here, something like $4.69 per gallon. They are saying easily over $5.00 this summer which is nuts considering our entire shipping industry runs on it.
 
As of last night, topped the TL off at $3.70/gallon. Still only halfway through the fuel in the Civic with 150 miles on it.
 
Diesel is insane here, something like $4.69 per gallon. They are saying easily over $5.00 this summer which is nuts considering our entire shipping industry runs on it.

If anybody cared anything about the environment or reducing our usage of oil, you would think they would bring the price of diesel down some so people actually buy them and save a bunch of money. Looks like a small petrol four banger will be the most cost effective option for a while now.
 
Ya I never got that, diesels might be slow and noisy but they get great mileage. I remember a guy I knew back in high school had one and he would get high 40's in the city if he drove it real easy. Small petrol four bangers are great for little cars, but diesels are where it's at for bigger family sedans.

Also I don't know why they haven't put out a diesel hybrid car yet, I know there were some rumours on North American Motoring about a diesel/electric hybrid MINI Cooper D but I don't know what ever came of it.
 
Diesel prices here seem to be soring : week 1 €1.28/litre
week 2 €1.31/litre
(this week) week 3 €1.34/litre
 
They're slow and noisy? VW's new TDI motor will be putting out 40 lb-ft more torque than their 2.0T and only 30 hp less. And it seems that some of the new ones can get comparable mileage to available hybrids. Don't the diesel supercars (R8 TDI, was there another) get around 30 mpg highway too?

I think somebody (VW?) was working on a diesel hybrid. That was a bit of a "facepalm, why didn't somebody think of that before?" moment...
 
They're slow and noisy? VW's new TDI motor will be putting out 40 lb-ft more torque than their 2.0T and only 30 hp less. And it seems that some of the new ones can get comparable mileage to available hybrids. Don't the diesel supercars (R8 TDI, was there another) get around 30 mpg highway too?

I think somebody (VW?) was working on a diesel hybrid. That was a bit of a "facepalm, why didn't somebody think of that before?" moment...

The older Jetta/Golf TDi's weren't fast at all but they had a good amount of torque so driving them wasn't to hard. I almost bought a Jetta TDi a couple years back, but I think I am glad I didn't with the way prices are soaring right now. The newer ones are probably better though, but I haven't driven one to make a judgment.
 
Also I don't know why they haven't put out a diesel hybrid car yet, I know there were some rumours on North American Motoring about a diesel/electric hybrid MINI Cooper D but I don't know what ever came of it.
Diesels are harder to start then normal engines, so traditional hybrid systems (like in a Prius) wouldn't work with one.
 
Paid $3.89 for 7.707 gallons of pure 87 octane Shell.... and I got.. 26.19 mpgs... in the City of Indianapolis.... in a 1998 Ford Escort ZX2 Slushbox with over 140,000 miles on it...
 
harder to start? nowadays the time for the glow is about 1-4 seconds.. how is that hard? unless waiting the final twist of the key might tax ones strength.. :rolleyes:
 
Diesel are worse for the environment than gasoline.

In Belgium, about 90% of the cars are diesels and we want to get rid off them because they are even worse for your health than gasoline cars (which are also bad for the environment :sly: ).

Diesel emits (I can't find the right English word for it) "fine dust" = PM-10.


DEDIT: diesels also emit soot!
 
Modern diesels are significantly cleaner than they used to be. VWs new system passed all the required emissions tests without any urea injection or other things. They still aren't the cleanest cars out there, but they certainly are getting cleaner. I don't know if the same can be said about gasoline cars...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back