What are you paying for fuel? **NOT AN AMERICA HAS CHEAP FUEL THREAD**

  • Thread starter Thread starter Joey D
  • 1,041 comments
  • 38,981 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today at my local petrol station diesel was at £1.25 per litre. My Dad's annoyed at the price and has said that he doesn't see the point in buying a diesel car anymore, so the next car will be petrol :D Yay!
 
Diesels are WAY cleaner than they used to be. Mostly due in part by all of the EPA crap they put on the trucks. The DPF (the stuff that traps all the black soot) is one of the killers in fuel mileage. The truck dumps raw fuel into this chamber to burn away all of the black soot, and this gives worse mileage. Not to mention they've started putting cat's on them a year or two back. For example, our new 08 F450 gets roughly 8MPG when towing 15K pounds. We used to have a 02 F350 and that got ~9-10, and it was a bigger engine (7.3L) compared to our new 6.4L, and with diesel almost 5 bucks a gallon, we are really thinking about taking all of the EPA crap off it. We would loose weight and gain horsepower and MPG's
 
£65 to fill up from near empty today. Yeeeesh, glad I'm not the one paying for it... yet.
 
Near Sacramento, diesel was 4.99. That same gas station 6 months ago was 3.99. what the hell happened?
 
Yes diesel are cleaner than they use to be, I agree 100% but they are still less clean than gasoline cars

I live in a country were more than 90% of the car on the road are diesel and there are a lot of studies about diesel and the scientist concluded that diesel are not as clean as gasoline cars.
 
HAD to put 3x $3.719 per gallon's worth in my tank because I was running on fumes.
 
Premium is around $4.09 currently although I expect at least a 20 cent jump come Wednesday due to the holiday weekend...which is dumb, I want to punch fuel station owners in the head for that since come next Tuesday petrol will drop 20 cent over night.

But hey at least my car gets ok mileage :D
n38505333_32425495_549.jpg


That's mainly city driving.
 
1000 miles. Congrats. Not bad seeing how old the car is.

I seem to have forgotten how to drive seeing that I'm getting around 21 or 22 mpg city:grumpy:.
 
Today at my local petrol station diesel was at £1.25 per litre. My Dad's annoyed at the price and has said that he doesn't see the point in buying a diesel car anymore, so the next car will be petrol :D Yay!
Apart from longer stops between filling up, there isn't.
 
1000 miles. Congrats. Not bad seeing how old the car is.

I seem to have forgotten how to drive seeing that I'm getting around 21 or 22 mpg city:grumpy:.

That's 10,000 miles, the car doesn't do tenths...I've been doing some serious driving. I think I went past 1,000 miles within two weeks of owning the car.
 
I must have thought that little dust spec was a decimal. I thought 1000 seemed a little low from what you've said about it. I didn't know you were all the way up to 10K though.

I filled up the tank today at $4.12 per gallon. I think that makes a ten cent increase in less than a week.
 
Apart from longer stops between filling up, there isn't.

Yeah I agree there, but with diesel only having a couple of advantages over petrol at the moment, and the fact petrol is cheaper it makes it more appealing to buy a petrol car for most people.
 
Even though I've been doing stuff to save gas I think the death of me will be that I can't for the life of me go 65... I'll do 70, but anything below is to damn slow. My car is "naturally limited" to 85 at best...
 
You think that is crazy. Don't immigrate to Europe.
We pay between €1.4 and €1.5 per litre in Belgium, if I'm right, about $2.32 - $2.49 per litre. Diesel is cheaper though. :ouch:

:eek: Hell, we spent nearly $100 taking our Magna up to Clare the other day. Only about an hour and a half. Travelling must cost you guys a fortune. :eek:
 
:eek: Hell, we spent nearly $100 taking our Magna up to Clare the other day. Only about an hour and a half. Travelling must cost you guys a fortune. :eek:

Heh. We filled up in Belgium because it was cheaper than the UK. £1.139 per litre is a good average price right now for standard unleaded (95RON/91 Octane). Diesel - £1.239 at best.
 
:eek: Hell, we spent nearly $100 taking our Magna up to Clare the other day. Only about an hour and a half. Travelling must cost you guys a fortune. :eek:

That's because Magnas have appauling fuel consumption.
 
That's because Magnas have appauling fuel consumption.

Yeah, it probably costs about the same as our Rodeo ute with the ridiculous Diesel prices. We used a full tank on our weekend trip which was probably about 4 hours trip overall. Our friend's Commodore got to Berri and back on $50 which is probably worth $70 now. Ours is a 2nd generation Wagon aswell.
 
The local shell station:

Regular: 4.05
Midgrade: 4.15
"V-power":4.25

Diesel: 4.99 (it was 4.79 on monday)
 
Regular is still $3.99 with 10 cent increases up through mid and premium. Diesel took a big hit though and went to $4.99. It's actually cheaper to smoke now then it is to drive a diesel vehicle, who would have thought?
 
The cheapest here in town is 4.22 for Reg.
 
In town: $3.76/gal
Closest station: $3.80/gal

The gas stations around here should just jack the price to $4/gal already and get it over with.
 
Just the other day I bought a tank of $4.09 premium. Didn't really care, though, because it was the Ninja. :p If the weather stays nice I'll be able to start saving money by riding it all the time.
 
Up to almost $1.60p litre now, meant to be over $2.00 by the end of the year. Diesel is nearly $1.80.
 
its pretty much all over 4 here now.
 
Yeah. I saw regular at $3.99 of Wednesday, no idea where it's at now.
 
Probably better not to know...

What great timing... I gotta fill up soon. :rolleyes:
 
Apparently our fuel comes from America and that's why they're so expensive. They said 9f we made our own fuel it would be much cheaper. :(
 
It's actually better that it's coming from America at the moment as Oil is traded in USD. Our strong dollar (and weak usd) is actually why while oil price has almost doubled recently (Probably in less than 12 months, I don't have the figures on me) the price of Petrol here hasn't increased by that factor.

Remember not to long ago when the dollar traded for 50-60c? If that was the case now we'd probably be paying close to $3.00 a litre.
 
I've just read abit of my Evo magazine before I got depressed from all the mention of Petrol prices :banghead:

Doing some quick somes last night, me and a mate worked out he's still getting better costs out of his Corsa 1.3 TD than my Almera 1.4, though if the gap with diesel increases any more we'll be even.
 
Gas prices at my local shell went up because of the holiday driving, putting diesel at 5.29
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back