• Thread starter Liquid
  • 134 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
We all have our interests. We search for things on the internet, look up things, read about stuff.

So what have you been googling or reading about on Wiki?

Here's some of mine:

- Mediaeval Greek
- Timeline of Burgundian and Habsburg acquisitions in the Low Countries
- Steve Soper
- Oregano

I have a 3500-word essay on Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony to get done, so he's a good place to start.

I'm currently researching:
  • BCG Matrix
  • McKinsey Matrix
  • PEST Analysis
  • Balanced Scorecard
  • Six Sigma
University is fun...

- Marianas Web
- Routes from South Asia to Britain over land
- House buying strategies

MKIV Supras, specs/parts/tuning/etc.

Since re-using my old avatar, I've been on a Supra-kick and found a way to enjoy mine in GT6. Only look at my avatar and never the actual in-game car, then I forget it's a standard :D

Right now I am looking into analytics withing the Sports industry, specifically how data mining has became such a prominent base for statistics and the like.

The process of making coffee with a cafetiere. I don't drink coffee - I hate it - but I have an overwhelming urge to make a coffee robot.

So far I've figured out that the basic steps are:
- Boil water
- Preheat cafetiere by part-filling with water
- Empty and wipe excess water away
- Add ground coffee
- Half-fill with water and stir, I can't remember if you're supposed to wait at this point or not
- Fill up the rest
- Put the lid on and push the filter down
- Leave for... Some minutes
- Pour coffee.

So now I'm thinking of efficient ways to do that stuff.

Construction cameras.

We have an old webcam for one of the projects on campus and it's starting to fail so I'm looking for a new one.

It's fun spending money that isn't yours! :lol:

Lately I have been quite fascinated by reading up on the old ocean liners from the first half of the 20th century.

Currently? Flow rates between stock and ported vs unported American 4V Cleveland heads and Australian 2V/4V and CJ heads as well as compression variances between wedge closed and open chambered combustion chambers with or without dished pistons, flat tops or with valve reliefs, and some information on quench heads. Also looking at minor differences between heads that are cast the same number but have minor differences; for example a D1AE-GA 351C-4V head has bolt-fulcrum, stamped-steel, no-adjustable rocker arms whereas a Boss 351 head has screw in studs and guide plates but have the same D1AE-GA casting number.

EDIT:

Not one person here probably even has a clue as to what the hell I just said :lol:

Last edited:
I often find myself looking at and researching mass notification sirens. My preliminary fascination with sirens started with trying to figure out the town's tornado sirens, and it just went from there. I typically take a gander at U.S. Cold war era sirens when I'm looking at them, and I often have YouTube siren videos blaring in the background.

Right now (at the time of this post), I'm looking at U.S. tax laws and procedures since I have my tax class midterm exam today. I really don't want to fail this midterm.

Finnish Touring Car Championship results and Mini-1000 Cup Finland results. Haven't found anything new yet.

Currently? Flow rates between stock and ported vs unported American 4V Cleveland heads and Australian 2V/4V and CJ heads as well as compression variances between wedge closed and open chambered combustion chambers with or without dished pistons, flat tops or with valve reliefs, and some information on quench heads. Also looking at minor differences between heads that are cast the same number but have minor differences; for example a D1AE-GA 351C-4V head has bolt-fulcrum, stamped-steel, no-adjustable rocker arms whereas a Boss 351 head has screw in studs and guide plates but have the same D1AE-GA casting number.

EDIT:

Not one person here probably even has a clue as to what the hell I just said :lol:
I almost did, but got lost.

The basic thing you said was pretty simple... now I just need to what know all those codes in that post actually mean.
It's a basic casting code for a date of manufacture, engine part, etc. Decoding them is fairly simple once you know the basics of how Ford coded things (this applies to nearly all FoMoCo parts up to the 2000s) for both domestic and outer markets. The numbering structure is quite easy to understand.

Here's a short read that explains it pretty well.

http://www.mustangtek.com/FordDecode.html

As far as the 351C-2V or -4V part, all that is is the displacement of the engine (351ci), it's "series" (since Ford didn't use the terms big or small block) which would be the 335 series engines aka "Clevelands (they were build in Cleveland, Ohio), and the 2V and 4V designations stood for how many venturi (commonly referred to as "barrels") were in the carburetor. 2V were the standard engines, 4V were usually more high performance. Cleveland engines typically had specific type of cylinder heads for each carburetor configuration. This applies to most Ford V8 engines (excluding the newer modular style overhead cam engines or fuel injected engines), except the Cleveland was one of the few that had specific cylinder heads based on the carburetor the buyer ordered. The 4V was a race engine that liked to live at ridiculously high RPMs (engine felt sluggish until about 5,000rpm) there fore the 2V's are more desirable for street use.

Back