What are you watching?

• Thread starter Blackbird.
  • 4,931 comments
Day 26 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is The Bride and the Beast. It’s written by Ed Wood, so there’s you guarantee of quality right there. Newlyweds are heading home when the husband casually mentions he has a gorilla in his basement. So the marriage is off to a great start. The story is all about gorillas, but then it’s all about tigers until they remembered the gorilla thing, and half the movie is stock footage.
IMG_1099.jpeg

Day 27 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is The Last Slumber Party. It’s a super low budget 1980s slasher flick. VHS-quality print, dumb horny teens and a wide-eyed scalpel-wielding surgeon. It’s just terrible. Thank god for the riffs.
IMG_1125.jpeg

Day 28 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is Scared to Death, a 1947 film about young woman in a loveless marriage who is manipulated by the people around her. The plot is dull yet way too complicated. However it does star Bela Lugosi in the only color film he ever appeared in. This is riffed by British writers and comics Mathews J. Elliott and Ian Potter, nicknamed “BritTrax.”
IMG_1126.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder if Disney is gonna release a fourth part to "Cars"? You know, the one where Lightning McQueen was the main character of the movie.

Day 29 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is The Beast of the Yellow Night. There's no actual yellow night, but there is a beast. And by beast I mean a guy wearing a mask made by a first-grader. It also has the roundest, sweatiest devil ever put on film. Made in the Philippines in 1971.
BeastYellowNight_Web.jpg

Day 30 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is The Dark Power. Made in North Carolina on a budget to $40 and free pizza, it stars Lash LaRue, cowboy actor and legendary bullwhip performer who taught Harrison Ford how to use them for the Indiana Jones movies. A bunch of college co-eds are terrorized by Toltec zombies and Lash drives them off with his bullwhip. That’s it. That’s the plot.
IMG_1535.jpeg

Last edited:
Dat 31 of 31 Days of RiffTrax Halloween is Kiss of the Tarantula. It’s a 1970s horror film about a beautiful young woman and her pet spiders. There are also a bunch of horny teens who almost rape her, her horny uncle who almost rapes her, and a horny guy who suspects she killed the horny teens who almost rapes her. The actress never appeared in another movie. The director never directed another movie. It’s for the best.
IMG_1593.jpeg

No, its not a tear, I've just been cutting onions... The reference to Cliff was moving though. All the "bookends" to the stories were a joy to watch.

A perfect extension to the "therapy" scene in the last episode. Let's have more please. (Though I do remember RTD pretty much ignored the old characters last time around).

Now remember, when watching TOTT, they were only holograms in the last Whitaker special, so they didn't technically meet and don't remember meeting ;)

And for those without access to iPlayer , I hope eventually these become available to everyone via other means 👍

One down. 642 to go... :lol:
IMG_20231101_123048.jpg

Last edited:
William Russell in...
The Daleks (in (GLORIOUS) Colour) (1963/2023)

William Russell in...
Adventures in Space and Time (2013)
(uncredited as the security guard asking for Stanley Newman's pass at the BBC entrance)
Last nights repeat broadcast included a sneaky re-edit (no spoiler!)

And William Russell in...
The Power of the Doctor (2022)

William Russell was 99 on 19 November 2023.
(It is sad about his dementia but to have been so active until the age of 98 is something that must be looked on with happiness)

And the juicy surprise at the end of The Daleks (in colour) I didn't expect... more colourisations to come!

Ah the trailer is fake, copied by the BBC from fan edit videos already on YouTube :(
But it looks like Tomb of the Cybermen might be next and whatever "it" is BBC have confirmed they're already working on it...

Allons Y!

Last edited:
A friend of mine was on Strictly Come Dancing (the BBC's flagship weekend entertainment show) last night.

She is the drummer for the Scottish band Texas (as well as Mogwai and KT Tunstall, among others), and it was quite surreal to see someone I know (well, it would be more accurate to say 'used to know') on prime time television.

Currently rewatching Amazon's 2021 Invincible comics adaptation to refresh my memory before catching up with season 2.

Last edited:
On YouTube, I am watching a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles full episode marathon. The episode I am watching may be the very first TMNT one. It has insight on the creation of Splinter, Bebop, Rocksteady, and the Ninja Turtles themselves. I've watched many a TMNT episode in the late 1980s and early 1990s. This marathon is from episodes in 1987.

Last week I watched Doctor Who Special 2: Wild Blue Yonder.
IMG_2443.jpeg

Today I watched Doctor Who Special 3: The Giggle.
IMG_2444.jpeg

Last edited:
Despite my parents growing up watching Dr Who, I never could get on with it.

Not sure why and every time I’ve tried I end up just getting frustrated with it and turning it off.

I worked with a chap who is a huge Dr Who fab and even makes his own episodes etc. and dresses up like one of the older Dr’s on a daily basis. (Not sure which one, a hat and long scarf and coat combo even in summer :lol:)

Despite my parents growing up watching Dr Who, I never could get on with it.

Not sure why and every time I’ve tried I end up just getting frustrated with it and turning it off.

I worked with a chap who is a huge Dr Who fab and even makes his own episodes etc. and dresses up like one of the older Dr’s on a daily basis. (Not sure which one, a hat and long scarf and coat combo even in summer :lol:)
I'm not shocked at you not liking Doctor Who (I haven't watched it in decades) but to not know the most famous one shows you must really be a non-Whovian.

Last edited:
I'm not shocked at you not liking Doctor Who (I haven't watched it in decades) but to not know the most famous one shows you must really be a non-Whovian.
I’m 41 and I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode from start to finish and I wouldn’t be surprised if my total watch time amounted to less than an episode.

My dad loved it and was even scared of the humanoid robot things “Cybermen” (had to Google that)

The only things I know are, the Tardis, he gets reincarnated (I think) and the Daleks. I can also recognise the theme tune, but that’s about it for me.

I’m 41 and I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode from start to finish and I wouldn’t be surprised if my total watch time amounted to less than an episode.

My dad loved it and was even scared of the humanoid robot things “Cybermen” (had to Google that)

The only things I know are, the Tardis, he gets reincarnated (I think) and the Daleks. I can also recognise the theme tune, but that’s about it for me

From what I remember, Dr. Who did air on the syfy channel at around 9 or 10pm on weeknights. It was the more modern version(2010). Watched it every night.

Back