Would love to see PD bring back B-Spec mode into GT7

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 15 comments
while sitting back, eating, enjoying a drink and just relaxing.
You can use any videogame streamer for that.
Just it wont earn you any credits, but it propably will make them a few real world credits of their currency 🙄

Was it GT5 where there was a Le Mans B-Spec race that was quite interesting, and rewarding credits wise. Other than that event, B-Spec was just a method to grind credits, wasn't it? I don't miss it.

With the new AI, maybe there could be an interesting avenue to explore, but I can't see how it would be preferrable to racing cars. Any ideas?

Was it GT5 where there was a Le Mans B-Spec race that was quite interesting, and rewarding credits wise. Other than that event, B-Spec was just a method to grind credits, wasn't it? I don't miss it.

With the new AI, maybe there could be an interesting avenue to explore, but I can't see how it would be preferrable to racing cars. Any ideas?
In GT4 I think it was meant more as a way of having a ‘rest’ during the endurance races.

I never liked the idea of leaving my PS2 running and unattended.

GT5 cured this by allowing you to save your game when you pitted in.

And then they got rid of proper endurance races entirely after that.

Last edited:
B spec in my opinion is kind of a useless mod in those days .
In the past usually was like an alternative type of griding with good payouts and the online content wasn't that much as is today.

Miss it or not i don't think we're gonna see it again .
The path that GT series walks with all this online content,with competitions , events and all that kind of stuff, won't allow such a throwback.
In other words: B Spec , can't bring money ,so simple.

I’d rather they just revise the economy so that wasn’t even necessary. To each his own, but I buy games to play them and if I want to watch a race I’ll go find one on tv or the internet to watch.

I’d rather they just revise the economy so that wasn’t even necessary. To each his own, but I buy games to play them and if I want to watch a race I’ll go find one on tv or the internet to watch.
Fair enough . . . but I can think of another reason for B-Spec that I'd love to have:

Endurance Races in real time.

Imagine a 10/18/24 hour race with you and the B-Spec driver(s) of your choice to run your own Daytona 24h for example.

Fair enough . . . but I can think of another reason for B-Spec that I'd love to have:

Endurance Races in real time.

Imagine a 10/18/24 hour race with you and the B-Spec driver(s) of your choice to run your own Daytona 24h for example.
Hey, it might be possible to organise doing this with a friend in a new type of online mode, too. And then also have the option of using B Spec if, like me, you have no friends. Not even a single friend.

I was waiting for a B-spec mode since the release of GT7 and it never came about.

Mainly because I wanted to do a real-time 12-24 hour endurance race, but Sony doesn't want their herd of players to be spending their time on single player beyond the cafe missions, they want everyone to be taking part with online races.

Here's what I would love to see to use B-Spec mode in Gran Turismo 7:

Endurance Challenge:

You have to complete a series of endurance races, beginning with a 4 hour and working your way up to 8-10-12-16-18-24-hour races.

The rules: Maximum of 4-hour stints; must use two drivers at minimum. Time, Fuel and Tires are x1. Light or Heavy Damage (optional.) Flag, collision and shortcut rules all on; an escalating penalty system of warning/X second penalty/Mandatory Pit stop penalty.

Drivers: You have the option of switching off with one B-Spec driver for 4-hour enduro, 2 drivers for 8, 10 & 12 and 3 drivers for 16 thru 24. Before the race, you have to decide on who takes what stint.

Difficulty: Easy/Medium/Hard. Prize multiplier would be 0.66, 1.00 and 1.50. Easy A.I would be the standard A.I. Medium would be a choice of standard or Sophy 2.0; Hard would be Sophy 2.0 only.

Prizes: Roughly up to 1.67 Milion per hour (6 Million for the 4 hour race, up to 36-44 Million for the 24 hour races (36m for Daytona, 40m for LeMans and 44m for Nurburgring) before multipliers. So a 24 hour win over Sophy at Nurburgring would net 66 Million while the same 24 hour win over the easy AI would net roughly 29 Million (44 million for medium.)

Opponents: Varies by events, similar to The Human Comedy. The twist I'd put in would be the choice of A.I. as presented above.

Availability: Each enduro would be locked behind both a collector level (40? 50?) and a license level. Standard Super License for 4h enduro up to Master Super for the 24-hour enduro. No need for gold. To open each successive enduro, you have to place 3rd or higher in the previous one.

So, that's a complex idea. What are your collective thoughts?

Last edited:
Sounds like a reasonable suggestion, however the prize money is far too generious for GT7 as we know it. I suspect if real time endurance racing was introduced with B-spec, it would go something like this ...

A Cafe Mission where you are first lectured about the history of Le Mans, Porsche dominance, Steve McQueen, Caroll Shelby, blah blah blah blah ... then complete and WIN 3 x 24 min endurance races with no tuning allowed to unlock endurance mode and a 5 star roulette ticket + 10000 cr.

Only some cars may be allowed on endurance mode, i.e 20M cr 917K, GT40, Grp.2,Grp.1 etc etc

Endurance mode with B-spec requires you to spend 50000 CR to hire a B-spec driver PER RACE.

Prize money is scaled to the real time of the race event:

1st in a 2 hour race = 50000 cr + 5 star roulette ticket
1st in a 4 hour race = 100000 cr + 5 star roulette ticket
1st in an 8 hour race = 175000 cr
1st in a 12 hour race = 350000 cr
1st in a 24 hour race = 500000 cr

They assume savvy grinders will utilise the B-spec driver to do most of the work, so they limit the prize money to discourage it. You take part in Endurance for the experience and not for the credits.

Last edited:
So am I the only one who prefers the way GT5 did it, i.e. allowing saving at pit stops instead of B Spec mode?
Two separate features.

I'd like the old saving and B-Spec.

B-Spec is part racer and part engineer. Yes, while anytime a player races, they have triple duty as driver, engineer and pit crew.
B-Spec is a feature to experience the race engineer aspect of a race event. Not really about a preference to saving at a specific point, in a race.

Latest Posts

Back