What Are You Working On/Doing Right Now? (General)

• Thread starter superberkut
  • 1,056 comments
A co-worker tried printing and the display said that the yellow imaging unit needed to be replaced. Not a problem as I had one on hand. I get that replaced, turn the power back on and now it's saying that the magenta imaging unit needs to be replaced, too. Annoying, but still not an issue as, again, I had one. Switch that one out, power on again and print off the supplies usage list to see how the other consumables are doing. It says that all four toner cartridges have 0-400 prints left before they're empty. 🤬 I figure that was an error so I go to reprint the report only to have a paper jam. Clear the paper jam, reprint the report and everything is good. For now.

I was so close to...

2rFXC1s.gif

Writing a paper for Composition class... Was supposed to have it done beforehand but I was plagued with internet issues at home this weekend (School computer/Google Docs require internet). :grumpy: Of course the teacher doesn't care. I'm expected to magically create a WiFi portal or illegally drive myself to somewhere with an internet connection. :lol: In a car I don't have. :dopey:

So yeah, I'm writing that now.

TB
Didn't seem to stop you from posting 9 times yesterday, 20 on Sunday and 10 on Saturday.
Some of which were on my phone. I was away from home most of the day Sunday visiting family for Mother's day.

Can't your phone create mobile-WiFi-hotspot? When I need WiFi, but there isn't one, I simply put my phone on charger and open the hotspot.
Yes it can, but I didn't have a charger with me so the phone would be dead in just under 15 minutes knowing my battery life.

That explains it. That's also why I try to keep my charger with me most of the time.
My charger is a straight wall plug so it's not as convienent as a USB port to just stick anywhere (computer), I'd have to have a wall outlet around to use it. Wall outlets are not in my dad's truck were I'd be typing it while not visiting family. :lol:

A USB charger with the outlet adapter is what I need.
💡

....but hey, the paper's been taken care of, and that's that.

I'm trying to condense all 246 department titles we have on campus down to 15 or fewer characters for some software we use.

I have 145 to go. :irked:

^ That's right. Put the whole thing in a nutshell.

What am I doing now? Spamming GTPlanet.
While playing the game of Wham on the radio. With the radio.

:confused:

Against the radio?

I am trying to learn Catalan through the Duolingo app. What makes it complicated is that it's not available for English speakers, so I have to use the Spanish version.

And the problem with that is that I started learning Spanish only about 2-3 months ago :lol:

It goes pretty well though, I know quite a bit of Italian and some French and they're all more or less similar. As a matter of fact I just wrote my first poem in Catalan, I'm not 100% confident about the grammar but to a newbie like me it looks decent enough:

Els teus cabells són un mar profund
i jo vull ser un rorqual que descendeix
en els corrents foscos.

(Your hair is a deep sea
and I want to be a whale that descends
into the dark currents.)

We just finished a $40+ million renovation to a building on campus and the Engineers just dropped off the Operations and Maintenance manuals for it. Four decent sized boxes worth. The shelf space I currently have available for O&Ms for the building is about 5 inches. Looks like some reorganizing is in order. On the plus side, that should fill up at least some of my dear god it's boring as no one is around day at work.

Convenient that this thread popped up.

I just got a new drawing/sketchbook, so I'm going to start doing some drawings for concepts I have.

Just a nice night, green tea and some music.

I've been exploring a virtual galaxy for months, almost daily. Am about to get back to clearing out a junk room to convert it into a home recording studio.

But right now I'm wishing everyone a Merry and safe Gran Turismo Christmas. :):gtplanet:👍

Right about now, I'm working on turning a childhood fantasy into something a bit bigger and better...

When I was in primary, a group of us kids made up a make believe secret agent group, and spent our days running around, pretending to be spies, fight bad guys, all that sort of heroic stuff. Many years later, (a few months ago) I decided to use the same characters, locations and whatnot in a creative writing English paper, and when it passed with flying colours, I decided to keep going and start making a real storyline. I'm gonna develop it into a damn good plot, then I could make it into a book, or a short film... who knows?!

I'm finally processing a few hundred RAW files I had on SLR's SD card, started yesterday I forgot how tedious it can get sometimes.

Hard at work, staring at this screen. Crappy resolution and all:

20170124_161541.jpg

It's more mesmerizing that it probably should be... :lol:

Fun times ahead! I hope it's all good by now and not something major like a rootkit having messed up the system. I had that on mine and had to eventually get a new hard drive.
Thankfully it's not my computer, just one at work I replaced this morning for someone else so I'm trying to bring it back to life.

Because fiscally responsible or some such nonsense. :lol:

I've been working on card game that I intend to publish and retail online. To set up a small home factory I would need a few thousand $ so once I have samples made I'll create a nice marketing video, try to build some hype and get crowdfunded on Indigogo or something similar.

I should probably work out how to raise awareness of my project before I go crowdfunding so that's what I need to research next. If anyone knows a good way to do this I'm all ears.

Here's a sample:
Jungle Cards colour.jpg

Explaination.jpg

How to play img.jpg

TB
Hard at work, staring at this screen. Crappy resolution and all:

View attachment 622838

It's more mesmerizing that it probably should be... :lol:
It's. Still. Going.

Looks like I'll need to swith out the hard drive but I think I've got a spare laying around so it shouldn't be a problem.

Figured I relive this post.

What I am doing right now.

Watching my package move. (Well it did)

Today I was putting together a MATLAB program to pull data from my university's FSAE car and generate plots and graphs based on said data for easier analysis. This screencap isn't the final product, it is missing some labels and the UI programming for ease-of-use.

Matlab Graphs HW.png

In no real order:
  • Waiting until tomorrow to run to the post office and pick up the copy of Sims 2 Double Deluxe I ordered last Tuesday.
  • Trying to get myself pumped up enough to have another go at getting the Lightning Dancer achievement in Final Fantasy X HD
  • Or...heck, playing anything in Steam.

Trying to decide if I can get away with setting up a protective barrier of monitors at work.

20170427_133352.jpg

Six would be a good start. :P

Back