What Are You Working On/Doing Right Now? (General)

• Thread starter superberkut
  • 1,056 comments
Can't post, I'm too busy bangin' gears in my VW. :lol: Just kidding, I was fixing my computer's antivirus, and also looking to get my Twitch stream channel up and running again after a long time being offline.

Yesterday evening I was doing some shakedown tests in my car for my next SCCA Regional Solo event, so maybe I'm not kidding, I take that back. lol

Well, I finally installed my HIK vision camera and tested it. I'm very pleased with the result. I'm so happy that I'm going to buy 3 or 4 extra cameras.:bowdown:

In (hopeful) anticipation of Blueprint making it's way into FM7 I'm planning on creating a Gran Turismo styled career mode for it, using GT4 as the main inspiration. However Forza has never gone too far in terms of listing specs so I'm making a more detailed car list starting with FM6 & FH3's car list combined (I haven't kept up with FH3's DLC content though).

Link

I haven't done much so far, just a few cars when I have a few minutes, but I'll ramp it up once the feature is confirmed. I also have a very rough outline of how I will structure it, but again, I'm waiting for actual confirmation before sinking real time into it.

I plan on posting the final result if I'm able to.

Last edited:
I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to this. :crazy:

20171225_145752.jpg

20171225_145802.jpg

20171225_145813.jpg

Working on hands down the worst puzzle I've ever bought.

20180124_175044.jpg

Good. Lord. This is going to suck.

I’ve been working on another tabletop game to add to my portfolio. It’s an evolution of a game I originally started making a year ago and have tweaked so much it resembles nothing of the original game other than the card and dice format for play.

It’s now at the point of play testing and as of yesterday made its debut with some slight rule modifications to increase the balance.

Really excited to take this out to the general public and see what other gamers think.

Below are the prototypes that have been play tested. I have the intention of modifying the smaller deck slightly to change a mechanic to improve play but otherwise this is close to a final product.
CF51E89C-6D71-4606-B942-D79B20E897F9.jpeg
C75D652D-2631-4B62-8B17-B5FB1DA7F08F.jpeg

I’ve been working on another tabletop game to add to my portfolio. It’s an evolution of a game I originally started making a year ago and have tweaked so much it resembles nothing of the original game other than the card and dice format for play.

It’s now at the point of play testing and as of yesterday made its debut with some slight rule modifications to increase the balance.

Really excited to take this out to the general public and see what other gamers think.

Below are the prototypes that have been play tested. I have the intention of modifying the smaller deck slightly to change a mechanic to improve play but otherwise this is close to a final product.
View attachment 801941 View attachment 801942

Holy pants, that was a year ago today and I’m still play testing and reworking that game.

Just started boring cylinders on a V8 engine block earlier today, those older Rottler cylinder bore machines are freaking beasts, super reliable too, if you know what you're doing. :D

€345 for building a DIY 80/20 cockpit! That is more than expensive enough. I have a Simetek K2 or that kind of money (almost).

What am I doing right now? Well browsing and posting on GTP because I don't have anything else to do. There is much to do though but I don't feel like doing stuff.

Taking a break from the heat and humidity. I just finished putting a proper roof on our outdoor cat enclosure. Need to get some flashing in on the back side to cover some holes the cats can still get out through. Then I'll be opening it back up to them. Had a storm come through and rip a hole in the tarp I had up originally and one of the cats got out and vanished for about a week.
Think I've cooled down enough. Gonna smash this water and get back at it.

New bike means new mods.

Bought a USB port to wire in but the unit didn’t come with any terminal clip things so that’s on my to buy list.

Just added some dust covers to the shocks but naturally they didn’t fit out of the box and required some fudging with cable ties.

Off with mirrors in preparation for some bar end types.

Hand guards added for some extra protection.

I don’t want to alter it too much but buying new kits is so tempting.

I think the only other mod I’ll do is to swap out a sprocket for longer gearing.

I’m just in the process of taking apart a Marantz UD7007 Blu-ray Player to get at the disc transport.

E7D0395A-988C-4F2B-9CE8-76730B171AB3.jpeg
508BEFBC-38B4-4B64-BE03-F93FEFDDE25C.jpeg
8FA90CF3-7739-4F40-B2F8-73FD572812D4.jpeg

It’s not particularly hard to do but I just don’t want to do any damage to the rest of the player. I’m currently in talks with the spares company who service and supply Marantz & Denon in the UK. They have the drives available so they’re now just getting me a price. If it’s more than a new old stock version of the player then it isn’t worth anything more of my time and money.

Back