• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 93 comments

Pesselles

Premium
France
Brittany
Troglodette
Hi everyone :)

This period of the year is the perfect time to set new personal objectives and decide for new resolutions.

Maybe you've already won (almost) everything in GT7, maybe you're coming from Alpha Centauri, but if you read that message on that forum, there's might a chance that - like me - you still looking for new challenges, you still need to improve your driving skills, etc. Why not define your GT7 objectives for 2024 and share with us?

Here are my 5 GT7 objectives for 2024 :dopey:

- Improving my Driver Rating to A.
Currently C (20% to gain to be B) with some room for improvement. I will not participate to every Gr.3 / Gr.4 daily races but only thoses on the circuits where I'm more comfortable.

- Getting gold at every TT (if possible close or below 10.000th).
This is my most ambitious objective, as some 2023 TTs were really tough to gold for me. But if I want to improve my driving skills, I must work and learn more, and this forum and the TTs are the best place for that.

- Completing my car collection.
Still need to buy 8 cars for approx. 80 millions. Should be doable with the gains on TTs, the CEs rewards, and if I finaly receive that damned Citroen invitation.

- Getting gold to all the Circuits Experiences.
Still 7 sectors and 23 lap attacks to gold. But with motivation, dedication and patience, nothing is impossible.

- Being more sociable.
I accept friend requests and I plan to help others players/drivers with appropriate and helpful answers on the forum and with shares in the game.

Oh, I still have some missions to gold (beside stupids drifts and idiots cones) and I'm probably sure not to gold rush for the latest master S licences but, who knows...

I don't know if these objectives are realistic, playing in AT mode on DualSense but I'll try this way.

Can't wait to read your GT7 objectives for 2024!
:cheers:

Hi everyone :)

This period of the year is the perfect time to set new personal objectives and decide for new resolutions.

Maybe you've already won (almost) everything in GT7, maybe you're coming from Alpha Centauri, but if you read that message on that forum, there's might a chance that - like me - you still looking for new challenges, you still need to improve your driving skills, etc. Why not define your GT7 objectives for 2024 and share with us?

Here are my 5 GT7 objectives for 2024 :dopey:

- Improving my Driver Rating to A.
Currently C (20% to gain to be B) with some room for improvement. I will not participate to every Gr.3 / Gr.4 daily races but only thoses on the circuits where I'm more comfortable.

- Getting gold at every TT (if possible close or below 10.000th).
This is my most ambitious objective, as some 2023 TTs were really tough to gold for me. But if I want to improve my driving skills, I must work and learn more, and this forum and the TTs are the best place for that.

- Completing my car collection.
Still need to buy 8 cars for approx. 80 millions. Should be doable with the gains on TTs, the CEs rewards, and if I finaly receive that damned Citroen invitation.

- Getting gold to all the Circuits Experiences.
Still 7 sectors and 23 lap attacks to gold. But with motivation, dedication and patience, nothing is impossible.

- Being more sociable.
I accept friend requests and I plan to help others players/drivers with appropriate and helpful answers on the forum and with shares in the game.

Oh, I still have some missions to gold (beside stupids drifts and idiots cones) and I'm probably sure not to gold rush for the latest master S licences but, who knows...

I don't know if these objectives are realistic, playing in AT mode on DualSense but I'll try this way.

Can't wait to read your GT7 objectives for 2024!
:cheers:
Being faster on the stupid controller, which is so unfair on this game. Additionally, being more consistent and composed, whilst maximising my DR.

Being faster on the stupid controller, which is so unfair on this game. Additionally, being more consistent and composed, whilst maximising my DR.
What's unfair about controller?

For me it's a question of finishing the final few CEs, completing the car collection and finishing the Human Comedy missions. Nothing that is especially hard I think, just a question of time.

A more ambitious goal would be a top 250 time in the TTs. At the moment I can usually manage a comfortable gold time in one 30-60 min session but rarely revisit, I think if I make the effort to do several longer sessions at each TT then I might have a chance.

My goals are much less ambitious than yours @Pesselles

I'll try to play everyday (at least get the DW) except when I'll be on real holidays riding my bike in the moutains without a computer or event access to my PS5.

I'll try to further my golding of CE. (nearly 100% sure I won't be able to gold everything)

For the missions, I don't care, those drift missions are a definitive roadblock to me.

I'll try to do TTs regularly and get at least silver.

I'll finish my car collection, just a question of waiting the last cars now (less than 12 missing) oh and I still need a Lambo invite, so completing the collection is far from guaranteed.

I need to race online more too.

[Edit]I almost forgot : complete all events (but with rally & rally-cross ones... not sure it will be possible/enjoyable)

Last edited:
My aim for next year is to just carry on as i have been doing, basically just getting familiar with all the tracks and better at my lines whilst slowly acquiring lots of cool cars. At the same time, IRL, getting my credit card paid back. Should take about 8 or 9 months without grinding at my day job. Hopefully by then the PS5 Pro will be out so I plan on getting the full PS5 VR setup and a racing wheel/pedals upgrade. Currently on PS4 with an old Logitech G27 with the Drivehub box.

Racing with new DLC cars tracks and .. (i hope)
I am not trying to complete all the cars...
Only those ones that are intersting for me...

Here are mine:

-Continue to save credits whenever I can, as I really don't feel like I need to grind for anything. Especially when I only plan to buy various cars/parts/etc. when I need them for an event within World Circuits, as I always rent my cars in Sport Mode. I would like to save credits because I want to continue working on building my car collection, as I technically own just a little under 2/3rds of the cars in the game. Part of why this percentage isn't higher is because some cars are always in Brand Central, so those can wait, as can the cars in the UCD/LCD that only come in one color, such as the various vintage race cars like the Jaguar XJ13 that I need for the trophy. I'm mostly anticipating when some cars will appear in the UCD/LCD in a factory color I would particularly prefer, such as the Ferrari 512BB in the former or the Plymouth Superbird in the latter. (I especially plan to buy two of any car that can get an engine swap, like the aforementioned Superbird - though in the name of time, I don't mind buying two of the same exact color, as I plan to visually differentiate swapped cars with a simple number sticker and maybe alternative body parts/wheels if they're available.)

-Continue to do my best in Sport Mode, namely the online time trials and championships. Since both now offer remarkable credit bonuses based on your percentile, I see this being a very fun way to gain additional credits to buy cars - of course, in addition to seeing how well I can do in general, like how well I do within Connecticut's GT2 class for the Nations Cup. Plus, given that I've entered 53 total online time trials, and over 75% of them have had silver results and over 20% have had gold, I could - at least, in theory - earn at least 52m credits over the entirety of 2024 from the online time trials alone, assuming I always get silver. That's before we get into other "revenue streams" like the aforementioned championship bonuses, Weekly Challenge prizes, or completing new events in World Circuits.

-Work on some of the remaining events in World Circuits as more likely get added, as I think my completion is at around 84%. Like the Sport Mode stuff, this also could be a fun way to make more credits, especially with the CRB. Not to mention that I profoundly doubt we'll go all of 2024 without seeing at least one new track, so any new Circuit Experiences will also be a great way to increase my credits.

-Get the last remaining trophies to acquire the Platinum. The "Firm Favorite" could be easily done via buying the kart, especially since it comes in such a fun variety of colors! They're so cheap to begin with that I don't think I'll even bother trying to recoup any credits by selling them. Sure, the HiMedic is the cheapest vehicle in the game, but it only comes in one color, so I'm not as interested. I could also take a Tomahawk X to SSRX to get the "Speed Demon" and "Speed Archdemon" trophies, and possibly "Round and Round," too. And as far as "Snap-Happy" goes, I'm willing to take my time a bit, as I don't like just taking photos willy-nilly. I want to actively try to make them look good, and I'm already logged 56 photos taken, to boot.

-Finally, I want to truly enjoy whatever comes next for GT7, whether it's new missions, new events in World Circuits, new cars, and so on! I'd especially love to see more missions since PD mention that 24h races were coming. Plus, the last drag-based mission implies there are more like it to come. Who knows what the prize car(s) could be in store for completing a new mission set?

EDIT: For what it is worth, I'm super-glad to have acquired all invite-only cars, though I'd still like to see a way to bypass this limitation in the future, much like how we can now buy engine swaps and "Ultimate" tuning options. I get a very good idea that PD admits the whole invite system was a bad idea, as there seem to be some cars added post-launch that would make sense to be invite-exclusive, like the Aston Martin Valkyrie or the Porsche 918 Spyder. I even won a spare Rosso Corsa Ferrari FXX K - from the Shelby-themed Extra Menu of all things!

Last edited:
Not long ago I was into this mindset of getting a full 100% on the game. Meaning, completing the CE's, the driving missions, the so called career events all with gold. And also buying all cars.

But! I realized it was way too much effort for not much of a achievement. (at least for me, to each their own. Respect)

So.... For now I'd say that for next year I'd like to:

- Buy the final cars I would like to have (only one tagpriced over 10M left)

- Complete the career events, CE, licenses and Missions as much as I can, knowing that there're some roadblocks here and there. The drift missions, and the dirt tracks (right now) they are a big no for me. I just can't do'em and I don't feel like putting the extra time on it. If memory serves me right, I have a gold only on one dirt track (can't remember which) and got stuck at Fisherman's ranch 1 lap trial. On the drift missions side I quit after speding a long tine on the Viper one and the Tskuba one with a Subaru. The final test license with the 917 at Spa I also put that on hold undefinetly. I got a silver for now.

- Engaging more on the Sport side of the game. Time trial (I'm a silver driver, casual gold) and online races.

- Having fun with the game.

The drift missions, and the dirt tracks (right now) they are a big no for me. I just can't do'em and I don't feel like putting the extra time on it.
tv show love GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

1. Getting to the mid-table of A level participating in Manufacturers and some Dailies.
2. Being able to buy the last car i need, the Citroen invitation.
3. 100% CE.
4. Golding TT.
5. Golding Master Super License with shifter.
6. Learn tuning.
Oh pretty much same objectives, even for the car ^^
You'll succeed, absolutly no doubt!

I skipped the missions for a long time. Since they updated the physics, I went back and finished them. Just be sure to have the TC off and use a controller. I just Bronzed them and moved on.
Same here for the cones and the drifts, bronze is enough.
Need to gold Laggo Maggiore (silver for now), this one is on my 2024 ToDoList :)

Last edited:
Short list, but here are mine.

- Finish in the top 100 of the TT. I came close at 108 at Lake Louise.

- Finish the Human Comedy driving missions. I've only done the first three so far.
Both should be easy for you :)
Season's greetings Mr GlockPants!

GT7 goals for 2024: actually nothing.

I'm playing the game almost everyday since November 2022 and I've already collected every car without too much grinding – apart from a 2-3 week period before this summer. My DR sits at around 70K of A+ and that's pretty much my personal limit. The single player races aren't that interesting to get all of them completed so there's no point to bother. I'm just completing the Weekly Challenges and Time Trials for the sake of it, getting the credits until I reach the cap and buy just the cars that will be added in the future.

So basically the game gave me everything it had to give and I'm off to ACC for a fresh change.

Great thread.

I don't have any lofty goals other than to maximize the limited time I actually have to git gud. I feel like I've got a great handle on time trialing but I lack much in the daily races in sport mode. I would like to improve there. Other than that just to continue driving cool cars in the virtual world that I'll likely never get the chance to in the real one.

I don’t have a lot of goals but…..

1. Practice more for GTWS races to be better prepared. As much as I would like to be Dr A, I don’t have the time for the GTWS races on that level.
2. Gold S10. I’ve golded all of the regular licenses except that one which is already better than I have done in any other GT game. I cent see Golding all of the master licenses but I at least want to pass them all.
3. Understand tuning so I don’t have to rely on @praiano63 so much. His tunes are golden but I would like to understand why they work the way they do so I can create my own or even fine tune his to cater to my driving style.
4. Keep enjoying the game!

• Gold on each event
  • Getting at least 10 miles on every car
  • Returning the C7 to its rightful place as most driven Gr.3; Currently held by the SLS GT3
  • Finally, getting my head down to do the Sub-5 minute Peugeot 908 lap (Nordschleife); This will be painful.
If I could finally get the S Barker Tourer, that would be great 😭

• Gold on each event
  • Getting at least 10 miles on every car
  • Returning the C7 to its rightful place as most driven Gr.3; Currently held by the SLS GT3
  • Finally, getting my head down to do the Sub-5 minute Peugeot 908 lap (Nordschleife); This will be painful.
If I could finally get the S Barker Tourer, that would be great 😭
What is this Sub-5 minute Peugeot 908 lap on the Nordschleife? A personal challenge based on a custom race?

Nice thread idea.

1. Complete the game: gold every event and license, win every race (currently: completed the main menu books with many 2nd and 3rd places, only A license, about 5 CEs; possible, but not sure how time consuming this really is)
  2. Gold all TTs I participate in (currently: golded the first three I did, but only silver at the one ending tomorrow and not sure how much time I will have)
  3. Start and regularly participate in daily races and GTWS and learn how to be a consistently clean driver; not sure how long it takes to actually reach the various DR levels, would be very surprised if I ever get A+ but I hope that A is possible
  4. Get the platinum trophy (yeah I'm that kind of gamer)

Last edited:
Back