What are your 2024 GT7 goals?

• Thread starter Pesselles
  • 93 comments
Nice thread idea.

1. Complete the game: gold every event and license, win every race (currently: completed the main menu books with many 2nd and 3rd places, only A license, about 5 CEs; possible, but not sure how time consuming this really is)
  2. Gold all TTs I participate in (currently: golded the first three I did, but only silver at the one ending tomorrow and not sure how much time I will have)
  3. Start and regularly participate in daily races and GTWS and learn how to be a consistently clean driver; not sure how long it takes to actually reach the various DR levels, would be very surprised if I ever get A+ but I hope that A is possible
  4. Get the platinum trophy (yeah I'm that kind of gamer)
You're most welcome :)

1. It's really a long journey to complete the game. I'm about 98% as I remember and I've spent HUNDREDS of hours, so far :lol:

2. Yeah, we have the same objective, even if some TT races are really complicated to gold for me.

3. The A driver rating should be possible for human players. A+ required an abduction :D If you don't know yet how to follow your progression on daily races, I strongly recommand this lovely tool created by @GrumpyOldMan: GranTracker

4. I wish you to celebrate soon your platinium trophy :cheers:

From March till i started the game and after the first two months, the goal was set by itself and was about to collect all the cars that will put me out of the endless griding.
Since that accomplished ill try to have fun .
Completing the game isn't in my plans , perhaps doing some CE's learning the tracks is a target but when i want to.

My main goal is to have fun and since i discover lately that i can play TT's even without ps plus 😵‍💫 ,ill try it as i can and keep in touch with the " nice " guys in it.

My 2024 GT7 goal is to continue to have an hour or so of fun when I feel like playing the game.
I have completed the game except the final MS10 licence test with the McLaren. I will try that one before the end of this year. I am at 93% of cars, but I really don't want the rest (safety cars and non-existent stuff like VGT's and fictional rally cars).
I started a second account a week ago to have another go at the single player content. I actually quite like it: it makes me drive cars and do challenges I had not done for more than a year. I hadn't understood what spec II really means: PD has revamped the menu books so the races use the new cars as opposition etc, so it feels kind of moderately new. Nice.
So the second go at single player has reacquainted me with cars and circuits I had forgotten. GT7 feels much more varied again, and I will enjoy that in the new year.

From March till i started the game and after the first two months, the goal was set by itself and was about to collect all the cars that will put me out of the endless griding.
Since that accomplished ill try to have fun .
Completing the game isn't in my plans , perhaps doing some CE's learning the tracks is a target but when i want to.

My main goal is to have fun and since i discover lately that i can play TT's even without ps plus 😵‍💫 ,ill try it as i can and keep in touch with the " nice " guys in it.
CEs are the perfect place to practice and learn circuits for TTs.
I've golded most of my CEs to improve my scores on TTs. It's help a lot.

Having fun is probably the most essential objective with GT7 and I wish you a fun-bulous 2024 among us :)

Completing the Human Comedy events and collecting three more cars (Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Lusso, McLaren F1 GTR - BMW and Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe).

Then perhaps completing the World Touring Car 900 and Red Bull X2019 Nations Cup menu books since I was pretty much lazy with it.

Then maybe get PS Plus so I can finish 50 Sport mode races so I can finally get the Platinum trophy.

Last edited:
Thanks for this nice thread my friend :bowdown::cheers:

1. keep getting gold medals on TT. This is the seventh gold medal obtained in a row. But above all try to be more efficient on the TTs with the fast cars.
2. try to beat my record of 644th in the world in the TT and try to be more regularly in the top 1000 so that my leaders friend board are afraid of me !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
3. Since my G29 is not compatible with PS5 because it is too old (purchased at the same time as the PS3), seriously consider buying a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro.
4. while waiting for Fanatec to improve and progress with the DS5 which is fantastic but the handling is a little harder despite the extraordinary sensations.

Last edited:
Thanks for this nice thread my friend :bowdown::cheers:

1. keep getting gold mesialles on TT. This is the seventh gold medal obtained in a row. But above all try to be more efficient on the TTs with the fast cars.
2. try to beat my record of 644th in the world in the TT and try to be more regularly in the top 1000 so that my leaders friend board are afraid of me !!!!! 🤣🤣🤣
3. Since my G29 is not compatible with PS5 because it is too old (purchased at the same time as the PS3), seriously consider buying a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro.
4. while waiting for Fanatec to improve and progress with the DS5 which is fantastic but the handling is a little harder despite the extraordinary sensations.
You're most welcome, my friend :)

I fully second your 2024 objectives and I can't wait to see your leader friends afraid of you !!! :lol: :lol:

I'm aslo considering swtching from DualSense to a wheel (and switching from AT to manual, in the same time).
May 2024 be a victorious, marvellous, luminous, joyous and gorgeous year for you :cheers: 🎅

CEs are the perfect place to practice and learn circuits for TTs.
I've golded most of my CEs to improve my scores on TTs. It's help a lot.

Having fun is probably the most essential objective with GT7 and I wish you a fun-bulous 2024 among us :)
The truth is that you have a wonderful company there with " humans " and " Aliens" coexist together.

Sharing and competing with people in your ," class " if a fundamental element of fun and pleasure at least for me .
Also my age ( 59 soon enough ) and my experience in life put me in a position that am free of " complexes " and i have nothing to prove.
Also am in the privilege position to be happy with my friends happiness and that it's something difficult to find .

The truth is that you have a wonderful company there with " humans " and " Aliens" coexist together.

Sharing and competing with people in your ," class " if a fundamental element of fun and pleasure at least for me .
Also my age ( 59 soon enough ) and my experience in life put me in a position that am free of " complexes " and i have nothing to prove.
Also am in the privilege position to be happy with my friends happiness and that it's something difficult to find .
I have the exact same mindset: I have nothing to prove to anyone but I'm here only to have fun and learn how to drive with friendly people. And this community is incredibly awesome.

By the way, I'm much more younger than you as I'm only 58...^^ :D

Buy or build a stand for my wheel setup. If it's as much a game changer as PSVR2, I may upgrade to whatever wheel they used in the World series.
Get all the tuning parts and upgrades for every car I have, hopefully putting me in a position to fine tune each to whatever race I might need it for.
Get to 100 million credits and work from there instead of having to earn credits for tuning parts first and then buying.
Run 1 hour races on all tracks on a semi regular basis. This includes the Lake Maggiore mission, it's the only event I've yet to at least win bronze with.
Play more sport mode and less single player. Ultimately I want to spend less time in this game. For the last year I've been working towards buying every single car in the game, and I have them all now, so the grind isn't as critical.

Lofty goal: Gain/regain A+/S DR.

I've been S a couple of times; I'd like to reach that in full VR . . . but I have a LoOOOOOOooooOOooong way to go. A+ is a less lofty goal, but still a stretch.

#HopeSpringsEternal

Last edited:
Complete missions and License tests

Spend more time on custom grids with dynamic weather endurance races

driving unused cars

Spend a lot more time in scapes

Write more in the Car Of The Week thread

Get more familiar with all the different tracks, as there some daily combos I just don’t do.

Get my Oceanic account to A+

It’d be cool to make a top-split FIA N/A region race once

Find a league to join

…..Keep enjoying this game for the
masterpiece that it is 😎

Last edited:
M J Nelson Art Car
Sandro Chia Art Car
Matazo Kayama Art Car
Frank Stella's Polar Coordinates M1
Janis Joplin's Porsche 356
And at some point this year BMW will unveil the M Hybrid V8 GTP Art Car livery for Le Mans, which I'll have to do also.
I'm fascinated by art and artists, this is a completly "strange" world to me but I love it!
Ping me when you'll release your liveries, please :)

Lofty goal: Gain/regain A+/S DR.

I've been S a couple of times; I'd like to reach that in full VR . . . but I have a LoOOOOOOooooOOooong way to go. A+ is a less lofty goal, but still a stretch.

#HopeSpringsEternal
Yeah, A+/S is the Graal for every GT7 player!!
I wish you'll get it soon!!

Complete missions and License tests

Spend more time on custom grids with dynamic weather endurance races

driving unused cars

Spend a lot more time in scapes

Write more in the Car Of The Week thread

Get more familiar with all the different tracks, as there some daily combos I just don’t do.

Get my Oceanic account to A+

It’d be cool to make a top-split FIA N/A region race once

Find a league to join

…..Keep enjoying this game for the
masterpiece that it is 😎
WOW, I say WOW!!
Your final words sounds perfect to me: enjoying and having fun with this masterpiece, I can't agree more !!

I’ve played this game since day one (OK, day 20; I waited for the price drop following the initial reviews.) so I’ve done pretty much everything I want to as regards single player.
This leaves me 2 areas to concentrate on for 2024.

1. I’ve not done many daily races and I’m bouncing along the bottom of DR D, which comes as a shock since in GT Sport I was an average but solid C rating. So that’s one goal to aim for and hopefully better.

2. Although I wouldn’t claim to be a creative person I would like to be able to do liveries. However I cannot work the livery creator for love nor money. If anyone can point me to a good tutorial for an absolute beginner I would be grateful.

3. To carry on having fun in the game, just like @Yard_Sale and @Pesselles 👍

Happy 2024 everyone.

Since I'll be getting back on wheel, keep getting gold on Time Trials first of all.

Then I want to finish the last mission of the Human comedy, I noticed that I didnt complete them and have been doing them this week, just missing Lago Maggiore now. Also wanting to get 100% completion of all the races in hard, which for some are quite tricky, especially the missions where you have the same car as the AI and there's no weather. SuperFormula ones are hard but hoping the wheel will help my manage my tyres a bit longuer.

Lasty I want to get slowly with TT money the last Gr3/Gr2/Gr1 cars I've been missing. Got all Gr4 and most Gr3 cars but still missing some americans one and most of Gr2/Gr1 cars. So I'll need quite a bit of money but the 2 millions plus the news bonus help a lot. Once I get that, get the few last Bugatti I miss for the last menu I'm missing.

And that's about it, dont have play+ atm so no sports mode for me.

I’ve played this game since day one (OK, day 20; I waited for the price drop following the initial reviews.) so I’ve done pretty much everything I want to as regards single player.
This leaves me 2 areas to concentrate on for 2024.

1. I’ve not done many daily races and I’m bouncing along the bottom of DR D, which comes as a shock since in GT Sport I was an average but solid C rating. So that’s one goal to aim for and hopefully better.

2. Although I wouldn’t claim to be a creative person I would like to be able to do liveries. However I cannot work the livery creator for love nor money. If anyone can point me to a good tutorial for an absolute beginner I would be grateful.

3. To carry on having fun in the game, just like @Yard_Sale and @Pesselles 👍

Happy 2024 everyone.
Nice objectives for 2024 :)

1. You should be B or A very soon, no problem. I've started very recently to work on my DR / SR ratings and I'm surprised to be B / S only in few days (with many daily races, ok).

2. Just because I'm very curious (but not at all a creative person like my beloved wife), I would love to see the "Create GT7 liveries for dummies" tutorial !

3. I wish you to have lot of fun and lot of victories on GT7 in 2024 :cheers:

Get a gold in a time trial. It ain't goin' to happen in 2023! 😂
I won't say it's easy, as some are almost impossible to gold for "humans" players like me but some are doable with:
  • the helps from the big boys of this forum,
  • ghosts to upload and follow,
  • videos guides on Youtube,
and some patience, some consistency and lot of perseverence !

I wish you a goldy 2024 :)

1. Buy every car in the game.
2. Complete all cafe menus/world circuit races.
3. Get all PS trophies.
4. Do a 200 laps of Nurburgring race (combined layout)
I randomly stumbled upon a video of yours on YouTube in the beginning of the year. It immediately reignited my long lost love for Gran Turismo and racing in general which I hadn't done since GT3 as a teenager. Thank you!

All the best with your goals and channel!

Ironically, my goal is to be ok with playing less.

I have many other games I want to start/finish next year:

Haven't finished Bayonetta 3, gotta do that.
I want to setup a computer to play Gran Turismo 2 Project A-Spec.
I want to finish Pokémon Emerald.
And I gotta finish my annual NFSU2 run.
And I want to start a a Pokémon Crystal Clear playthrough.

So yeah, in order to do that, I need to play GT7 less.

1) Use my fanatec wheel more often with gt 7
(I find it a lot harder to catch my car in gt 7 than in "real" sims like r³, rf2, ac etc. and stopped using it for gt7 ._.)
2) Continue/finish racing every single car on the longest variant of the nordschleife (2 laps, 30x time, 1x fuel, 1x tire wear, "same spec" cars with max downforce + max tuning). Group 1 and 2 are complete. group 3 is halfway done.
3) Endurance races (hopefully some official ones, if not then custom races)
my ideas:
daytona 6h+
le mans 6h+
watkins glenn 2h
fuji 2h
4) start golding licenses, ce, missions etc.

1) Use my fanatec wheel more often with gt 7
(I find it a lot harder to catch my car in gt 7 than in "real" sims like r³, rf2, ac etc. and stopped using it for gt7 ._.)
2) Continue/finish racing every single car on the longest variant of the nordschleife (2 laps, 30x time, 1x fuel, 1x tire wear, "same spec" cars with max downforce + max tuning). Group 1 and 2 are complete. group 3 is halfway done.
3) Endurance races (hopefully some official ones, if not then custom races)
my ideas:
daytona 6h+
le mans 6h+
watkins glenn 2h
fuji 2h
4) start golding licenses, ce, missions etc.
Rhaaa, a Fanatec wheel... :eek: I know if I buy one, I'll want to buy all the complete setup and this is not exactly what my doctor want me to do as sport...

Endurances races are my favourite since ages. WEC is much more pleasant to follow than F1 or Nascar (no offense).

Happy 2024 to you :)

Back