What are your expectations when PC comes out?

• Thread starter DirtDrift
  • 22 comments
United States
United States
Any thing your waiting to do when you can finally hit the road?
Are they beginners or Pros?
Jump right into career mode?
Practice?
Already a Pro and waiting to challenge other players?

Planning to set up groups?

I will be practicing and getting used to the tracks and how the car works! :) Your not going to win on speed. :) Your going to win on precision. :)

Its the wrong thread this is a thread to talk about what your wanting to do when the game is release! To generate more advertising for the game. :) If you have a link do please post and will delete this thread. :)

Its not about whether you can run it on a specific system or ask faq about it.

No one is talking about it lately what they cant wait to do in the game? So why not talk about it if anyone is interested? :)

Why dont you add something Ocat1979? :) Like what things will be hard for you in the game? What tracks would you like to race on?

Last edited:
Its the wrong thread this is a thread to talk about what your wanting to do when the game is release! To generate more advertising for the game. :) If you have a link do please post and will delete this thread. :)

Its not about whether you can run it on a specific system or ask faq about it.

No one is talking about it lately what they cant wait to do in the game? So why not talk about it if anyone is interested? :)

Why dont you add something Ocat1979? :) Like what things will be hard for you in the game? What tracks would you like to race on?
Bro there are many threads to ask questions in. There is really no need to delete another thread.You have this also.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/questions-on-project-cars.326907/

DirtDrift I know you mean well but can you please stop creating random threads about subjects that have been covered. Just ask Q's in the main PCars thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/project-cars-coming-2015-pc-ps4-wii-u-xbox-one.261206/

Bro there are many threads to ask questions in. There is really no need to delete another thread.You have this also.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/questions-on-project-cars.326907/
This is the Project Cars sub-forum. Those are questions concerning Project Cars. Yes, they could probably be asked in the general thread, but there is nothing intrinsically wrong with putting them in a new thread. We have a Project Cars sub-forum so that all questions and answers won't be lost in a huge general thread.

Either answer them or link to the answer, or report them (if they are against the AUP) or ignore them.

I expect to spend every possible moment for the better part of the first month setting up my car for the league. Testing fuel mileage and tire wear. Setting up pit strategy. Also driving many laps around Nurburgring Nordschleife.

I expect to spend every possible moment for the better part of the first month setting up my car for the league. Testing fuel mileage and tire wear. Setting up pit strategy. Also driving many laps around Nurburgring Nordschleife.
You good at setting up Cars bathany?

As soon as I get it. lol Seriously though my tunings were far from perfect I just enjoy trying to see what I can get out of the car on my own.

I expect it to be hard at first coming from GT and Forza. Getting the braking down I expect is going to be the hardest. Along with getting all your settings the way you want them. It will probably be overwhelming.

My expectation is to finally see a game that has 'the whole package', in terms of content, series, connectivity... you name it.

I don't want to have to add-in mod-tracks, cars, or anything (except maybe something on the graphic-side) for a long time in P.CARS. (Not that I won't, I just want to enjoy developer-content first for a while before that 'itch' comes)

I want to be able to load the game, select series/car/track/options and go racing, pure and simple.

Everything I've bothered to look into however, its not looking like I'll be GT6-disappointed at least. 👍

My expectation are to be wanting to do lap after lap at Nordschleife as when I first got GT5 its a shame that feeling was lost on GT6, hopefully PC can bring that love back.

I expect Kaz will cry

Why would that be ? I really hope this game turns out and well and be popular. Yesterday I was playing a season challenge and intentionally did a crappy lap to see how many are still playing GT6 and my rank was almost 150, 000. Really surprised so many still playing it after so many years.

Best thing to happen will be if Pcars gets very popular and sells millions. I think it will get decent reviews too. It does lots of things right and hopefully it will get the attention it deservers. So that Kaz, PD take this as a benchmark.

Why would that be ? I really hope this game turns out and well and be popular. Yesterday I was playing a season challenge and intentionally did a crappy lap to see how many are still playing GT6 and my rank was almost 150, 000. Really surprised so many still playing it after so many years.

Best thing to happen will be if Pcars gets very popular and sells millions. I think it will get decent reviews too. It does lots of things right and hopefully it will get the attention it deservers. So that Kaz, PD take this as a benchmark.
Eh it was a joke. Why so serious?

Is any one expecting that this game is going to be hard to master and that you need lots of practice? Or are you expecting that when you can play the game that your just going drive it like an arcade game?

If you have not played hard core sims then your all going to be very surprise when you try and play it. :) Speeding as fast as you can wont work. The driving simulation is going to try be as close to real life. :) It might help to also learn about the racing cars in real life and how they work. :)

You could just play it with out any knowledge but you wont master it if you dont. :) Just like in real life you could drive your car when it starts but its not going to take you far if that is all you know. I think you can set setting in the game for a casual ride but i have to check on this.

So it is important learning all you can and going to link that have been posted up on how to drive well on racing tracks. :) There is alot to know then just acceleration and braking.

Here is a taste of where you be getting :)
You will develop a bond with your game car after playing it awhile, something very different from an RPG game character.

When racing you will pick a car base on your past experience with it instead of how you use to do it in arcade games with all its fancy items. So even if the team brought out fancy cars it wont work in the game. Cause when you drive on the track one thing will always be on your mind! And that is mastering the car and being the best professional driver in PC. Its why your all here! :) If you have not realize it yet you will when you play the game! :)

Fancy cars even though they are nice wont help you win unless under their hood they can compete properly! :) Fancy cars are best for arcade games.

This game will even have professional playing it to help them in real life! :)

If you stick with a specific car you’ll start to appreciate its various nuances, like tuning and overcome some of its quirks. And race after race you’ll see all those elements come together. :) Eventually you’ll feel a sense of achievement that is hard to get out of a game like Forza and to a lesser extent the Grid.

Be excited hard core racing fans! :)

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL EXP IN THE GAME!!! :)

SO THE CHALLENGE WILL BE ON! :)

Last edited:
Is any one expecting that this game is going to be hard to master and that you need lots of practice? Or are you expecting that when you can play the game that your just going drive it like an arcade game?

If you have not played hard core sims then your all going to be very surprise when you try and play it. :) Speeding as fast as you can wont work. The driving simulation is going to try be as close to real life. :) It might help to also learn about the racing cars in real life and how they work. :)

You could just play it with out any knowledge but you wont master it if you dont. :) Just like in real life you could drive your car when it starts but its not going to take you far if that is all you know. I think you can set setting in the game for a casual ride but i have to check on this.

So it is important learning all you can and going to link that have been posted up on how to drive well on racing tracks. :) There is alot to know then just acceleration and braking.

Here is a taste of where you be getting :)
You will develop a bond with your game car after playing it awhile, something very different from an RPG game character.

When racing you will pick a car base on your past experience with it instead of how you use to do it in arcade games with all its fancy items. So even if the team brought out fancy cars it wont work in the game. Cause when you drive on the track one thing will always be on your mind! And that is mastering the car and being the best professional driver in PC. Its why your all here! :) If you have not realize it yet you will when you play the game! :)

Fancy cars even though they are nice wont help you win unless under their hood they can compete properly! :) Fancy cars are best for arcade games.

This game will even have professional playing it to help them in real life! :)

If you stick with a specific car you’ll start to appreciate its various nuances, like tuning and overcome some of its quirks. And race after race you’ll see all those elements come together. :) Eventually you’ll feel a sense of achievement that is hard to get out of a game like Forza and to a lesser extent the Grid.

Be excited hard core racing fans! :)

THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL EXP IN THE GAME!!! :)

SO THE CHALLENGE WILL BE ON! :)
My only sim experience so far is with Assetto Corsa. I think I have maybe 250 hours into it with my G27. It has been widely praised for it's realistic physics. This might be sacrilege but I find it easier to drive in AC, especially race cars, than I did in Gran Turismo. Not because the driving part is actually easier, but because there is so much feedback from the game to tell you what is happening with the car it's easier to know what to do, and when you do make a mistake, you always seem to know why you made a mistake and how to correct it. You get detailed auditory, visual and tactile feedback that all seems to work in unison to tell you what is happening with the car if you know how to read the signs. And because things tend to follow real life cars, you know what to look for. I commented on a Chillisteak video a couple of minutes ago where he lost the back end in a corner and got passed by the AI. His comment was something along the lines of "don't act up on me now car", but I could clearly hear in his video that he downshifted too early, got massive engine braking on turn in, and locked up the rear end. It wasn't the car acting up randomly, it was driver error. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

I expect it'll be the same in Project Cars.

I hope for realistic car response to suspension/tire adjustments. In a nutshell the feel of driving a car. I expect the tracks and cars look good together. This is something that GT has lost. Now GT cars look out of place on their tracks.

Just looking at the many PCars videos, it seems to me the weather effects are a quantum leap beyond GT6.
So I expect a much more realistic weather in PCars.

I expect a much better AI than offered by GT.

I expect an on-line racing experience that is better than GT6 and hopefully bug free at release.

Finally, I look forward to a more involved career mode. Something that makes you want to interact.

I'm not sure how this will work, but I am ordering both PC and PS4 versions. I do want to compare the two versions.

I will not be buying a Fanatec wheel/pedal combo anytime soon. The Thrustmaster track record for the first wheel as well as their customer service did not impress me. So I cant jump in head first the their new offering.
And I still need to get my $$ worth out of my G27.

Yes DirtDrift.

I want to drive at my own pace and learn the car. Then build up speed as I understand the feel of the car(s)
I want to be aware of what the car does in response to what I do. I want to be consistent. Fast will come.

My hope is that it will look at least as good as this:

nurb-gpd-porsche-gt3-001.jpg

.........an un-retouched screenshot I took from Assetto Corsa..........:eek:

Back