What Are Your GTS Goals Before GT7?

• Thread starter omgitsbees
  • 114 comments
Knocked mine down to 245k left leat night. Not gonna do a massive amount of grinding each night, but determined to do some. Time to push each other?

Which race you doing?
I used to do the historic le mans event before but then found out about other options as well, did some red bull le mans races and settled with the X-Bow on BMB, but the AI make it difficult sometimes with their weird lines...so I'm kinda alternating between that and red bull. A good tune is important, less so for historic le mans.

Status update: I managed to get a gold on the Hamilton mount panorama challenge on what felt like one of my worst laps. No idea what to make of that other than maybe I am so inconsistent on controller and the reason progress is so slow is its so hard to tell when I am doing things right or wrong.

I always wanted to get an S rank, I got that. I wanted to get A+ and I got that. I wanted a 200 point result in an FIA race and I got that. I guess I'd like to beat all the Hamilton DLC times but I go back to trying Brands Hatch for ten minutes then I never want to play the game again.

Finish all single player races. I just redownloaded it in order to get used to GT again. I didn’t realised I didn’t finish so many races!

Oh and also, maybe try and use the triggers instead of the right analog stick for accelaration and braking. I use the triggers in any other race game except Gran Turismo…. And as soon as I played GT Sport again I instantly can’t remember how to use the triggers. The right analog stick has been my way ever since I recieved the first analog controler on PsOne with gran turismo 2.

I want one diamond from the Hamilton challenges. One will be enough - no patience for them all, but I won't be happy with just all golds.

I want one diamond from the Hamilton challenges. One will be enough - no patience for them all, but I won't be happy with just all golds.
Still struggling for all gold :/ it seems harder now after the multiple updates, Lewis is flying away so fast :D

To me, still enjoying sport mode dailies, and also cleaning my garage which will probably be useless in 2 months... I should take photos of the best liveries I found, I spend so much time choosing them !

Seems like a lot of folks are saying they want to finish the Hamilton challenge. Does it require tuning the car each track or is there a standard setup that works for each track

In that case I recommend you to focus on Monza, that’s the easiest one.
Seems like a lot of folks are saying they want to finish the Hamilton challenge. Does it require tuning the car each track or is there a standard setup that works for each track
No tuning. Everything’s already set, same car and settings for everyone. Which is good!

Actually none, just completing daily workout every day and earning some XP to level up to 50. Because I had sold my old G29 and I'm waiting for the GT DD Pro to arrive, until then there's not really much I can do.

Since we're waiting for Gran Turismo 7, I was thinking of aiming to get most of the cars if not all of them. At least there are some ways to earn a million in short time, but it's just a bit tedious to grind for those cars that costs $20 million.

Got...... to get.......... last gold............. on Circuit Experience! 😫

The full lap of the ring beats me - still 2 seconds short of the gold time. Takes resolve to flash it up so don't do it that often!
One day it will happen..... 😂
I was the same with the Lewis Hamilton Challenge. I'd grind, get aggrevated, not do any of it for 2 weeks. I found that to be the worst way to do it. What worked for me was to set a goal of time per day, win, lose, or whatever. I did 45 minutes of LH a day. No more, no less. What I found, I was staying used to the car and taking out nice chunks of time on my lap times almost daily. I never spent more than a week getting diamond on any track doing it that way. So, you could do 5 or so laps a day, and I bet you'd have gold be the end of next week.

Still struggling for all gold :/ it seems harder now after the multiple updates, Lewis is flying away so fast :D
Same as above, give 45 minutes a day a try. Bet you knock it out. Good Luck to both of you!

I was the same with the Lewis Hamilton Challenge. I'd grind, get aggrevated, not do any of it for 2 weeks. I found that to be the worst way to do it. What worked for me was to set a goal of time per day, win, lose, or whatever. I did 45 minutes of LH a day. No more, no less. What I found, I was staying used to the car and taking out nice chunks of time on my lap times almost daily. I never spent more than a week getting diamond on any track doing it that way. So, you could do 5 or so laps a day, and I bet you'd have gold be the end of next week.

Same as above, give 45 minutes a day a try. Bet you knock it out. Good Luck to both of you!
Thanks for the support! 👍

I failed to meet my goal this week. When my SR dropped to 85 I was competitive but in A/A+ rooms I just do not have the pace. I survive and keep my DR in the high 30's by avoiding carnage and defending well but my fundamental pace at seaside on softs for 7 laps is about a 38.8 on average which is just too slow to race those guys.

I'd love to get the platinum, but that's out of my reach. Still left to do for platinum:

Ultimate driver (reach level 50): doable, just takes a while
Record number of wins: not good enough to obtain this one (3/91)
Record number of races: can be done (290/322.....so not that far from it)
Certified Genius (65 pole positions): definitely not good/fast enough to get this one (4/65)

Got...... to get.......... last gold............. on Circuit Experience! 😫

The full lap of the ring beats me - still 2 seconds short of the gold time. Takes resolve to flash it up so don't do it that often!
One day it will happen..... 😂
Keep at it, you'll get there.

I did SO many laps to get gold on that 1. I probably ran 1000 miles on that track, with that car, just to get gold. But I got it by over a
second (6:56.091 vs 6:57.900). I was so happy when I finally did it. One thing it'll do, is it'll help you learn the hell out of that track. You'll learn where every dip, rise, bump, and off-camber turn is. But I guess that's the point of those things. I just never realized it'd take me THAT many laps to do it, lol.

Keep at it, you'll get there.

I did SO many laps to get gold on that 1. I probably ran 1000 miles on that track, with that car, just to get gold. But I got it by over a
second (6:56.091 vs 6:57.900). I was so happy when I finally did it. One thing it'll do, is it'll help you learn the hell out of that track. You'll learn where every dip, rise, bump, and off-camber turn is. But I guess that's the point of those things. I just never realized it'd take me THAT many laps to do it, lol.

That's the only gold I have left in circuit experience, but I dread it, really. I like the track but it is sooooo long...
What I don't understand is that I have managed gold in all the sections - some of them took a lot more tries than others, but always got there in the end. Guess I just can't concentrate for 7 minutes at a stretch 🤣🤣🤣

What I don't understand is that I have managed gold in all the sections - some of them took a lot more tries than others, but always got there in the end. Guess I just can't concentrate for 7 minutes at a stretch 🤣🤣🤣
You will get there. It took me a very long time too. But the latest alt I made I just went in and did the gold in first try.
It takes a while but eventually one learns the track proper.

That was my thing. In the individual sectors, I got all golds fairly easily, I thought. But that full circuit gold took me a LOT longer. I kept screwing up the section between Karussell and Döttinger. But once I learned how to not always brake at every single corner (which is where I was losing TONS of time), and to just lift in most cases, I made it through just fine. I also watched a lot of videos of gold runs to learn where not to run too much on the curb. I kept unsettling the car too much and would have to brake at weird times just to keep it on the track.

After getting pit maneuvered last night twice by the AI moving straight back to their line as I passed them I managed to knock it off. Level 50 and the platinum achieved. Only goal I couldn't crack was to get an FIA win, and as the next championship has no mention of FIA it looks like I've missed my chance.

All good though. Only missing 1 thing kids a pretty good run. Now to start saving money for GT7

Last edited:
I've gone full mental and decided to get every unique livery car (not just the Gr1, Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 and VGT cars which I already have). So, when you go in livery editor, if it gives you the warning that the livery will be removed, I want that car. AND, because I love this great game franchise SO much, and want to complete it as much as possible, I decided to have every car in my garage (all 336 unique + all the unique liveries) tuning upgrades complete as well. So, like 1 trillion mileage points is all I need and a few more gazillions of credits.

I only have 22 different cars and all their "liveries" remaining to have all unique liveries. 3 for Ford, 1 for Shelby, 4 for Dodge, 2 for Chevy, 1 for Aston, 1 for Merc, 1 for Peugeot, 1 for Citroen, 1 for Lambo, 1 for Zagato, 2 for Toyota, 1 for Nissan, and 1 for Honda.

All of this because I have to get my daily mileage at a shot at the Dirty Livery R18 2011 Audi GR1. Oh, and I found out there are hidden challenges in the Mileage Points in Beginner League. Not sure about the other leagues. I assume so. To get max mileage you have to complete a hidden task. At RBR in the Sunday Cup you have to get to P1 before Turn 4 lap 1 (example).

After that is complete, I hope GT7 is here to distract me from getting all the colors of the remaining cars as well.

All of this because I have to get my daily mileage at a shot at the Dirty Livery R18 2011 Audi GR1. Oh, and I found out there are hidden challenges in the Mileage Points in Beginner League. Not sure about the other leagues. I assume so. To get max mileage you have to complete a hidden task. At RBR in the Sunday Cup you have to get to P1 before Turn 4 lap 1 (example).
Huh? Can you explain this in more detail?

Huh? Can you explain this in more detail?
Sure can. So, if you enter the FF Challenge in Beginner League and enter Blue Moon Bay N400, pick the Honda Civic Type R, crank her up to N400. Race clean but do not pass p1 and p2 before the end of lap 1. You'll get 390 Points. If you pass P1 and P2 BEFORE the end of lap 1, you'll get 460. If you pass P2, but not p1 before the end of lap 1 (which is extremely hard as they are like 2 feet apart at the start/finish line), you'll get 450 mileage points.

So, there are hidden bonuses in the mileage points. Doesn't tell you why you got more points like the clean race bonus and car bonus for experience and credits, you just get more. Have to figure out why on your own. Im guessing its always when you take P1...but can't be for certain because I only played around figuring it out in Beginner League.

What tipped me off was I was grinding for Credits and Mileage at Monza in Pro League. Won the race, had a clean race bonus, and got 720 Mileage points. Ran it again. Same result except I only got 690 mileage points. I was thinking it was points per mile with a bonus for finishing on the podium. But, it was more than that. So, went to RBR since it only had two laps to test. I thought it was if it was cones on or off, or maybe a car handicap, or tires or something mechanical. Thats when I figured out it was where on Lap 1 I took first place in the race.

Well, now that is another GT feature I get to know right before GT7 comes out ( See post above). For my part, there are 3 expensive cars left to buy in order to complete the collection. I don't care about the VGT's at all, I even thought about selling some in order to get the X66 Jag. Currently running the premium lounge races with the Miura in order to achieve this goal.
Like others, getting a LH diamond lap would be great, though it ain't easy😥. All golds are done at least. What I would really like to is to reach the A+ ranks before the new season starts. Fingers crossed on the nurb next week!

I only need 2 trophies for all of them but doubt I'll get either before GT7. I have 81 of 93 wins and unless the 'Ring is extremely good to me next week, I probably wont reach it. I also need the King of the Oval trophy, and while I know there is a workaround, I can't really be bothered doing it. Pretty sure I have every car in the game, although for the F1 Mercedes I went with a generic livery instead of the Lewis Hamilton livery.

Back