What are your hopes/expectations for FH4?

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 280 comments
I'm guessing if you're offline it uses generic drivatars and uses the system clock to determine the season. Pretty much the same as it is now.

I'll remain cautious about this. It says on the Xbox press release that you can play alone but The Crew (first one) was also advertised as something you could choose to play "Solo", if you wanted. They didn't quite grasp the meaning of 'solo'. They may be holding back the "always-online" bit.

Was blown away by the trailer. Then, Ralph Fulton informs "Always-online".

Well, that's interest dropped to zero.
I’ve been paying zero attention to MS’s E3 conference and was only waiting for the FH4 trailer and gameplay to drop, but if that really is the case it’s a pass for me.

Not that interested in the setting either.

Forza-Horizon-4_Classic-British.jpg

It really looks like they've nailed the atmosphere.

Now that FH4 is indeed being set in the UK, I want to see lots of British music artists in the soundtrack; I don't care what genre. I already have an all-British rock station with roughly 30 songs conceived in my mind. Other genres I'm not too seasoned on to compile a full station with roughly 30 songs.

I can already tell the Classical Music Playlist is going to be on point. :bowdown: Bass Arena and Pulse are most likely making a comeback, but I would love to see Ninja Tune make a return and an Afrobeats/Grime themed playlist. I would love to see this song in the soundtrack:

We've got a 60fps mode on consoles?! And Properties too??? :drool:

New Car
  • Mk1 Range Rover
  • Austin FX4
  • McLaren Senna
  • Volkswagen Baja Bug (From FH3 *It was deleted due to VW license issue)
  • 2012 Eagle Speedstar (From FH1)
  • 1958 Austin-Healey Sprite (From FM4)
  • 1965 Austin-Healey 3000 (From FM4)
  • 1998 TVR Speed12 (From FH1)
  • 1966 MG B GT (From FM4)

I spy a Cerbera Speed 12 in the background of another shot, too...

I just noticed the driver in the Bentley is wearing a bowler hat. I hope to Ra that is an option for the driver avatars.

(...)and the game is NOT online-only.

Where did you see confirmation of this? Or are you assuming something?

There also this from the press release: "Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together." Pretty much implies always-online.

For everyone worrie about online only, it’s confirmed it is not online only but they’ve added this online together game where everyone experiences the same seasons and weather etc. As they play. You can choose to play offline, or if you disconnect/ the servers go down, it will just transition to offline mode seamlessly.

Where did you see confirmation of this? Or are you assuming something?

There also this from the press release: "Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together." Pretty much implies always-online.

It's confirmed.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first?page=3

It's important to note, however, that while the shared world experience is Playground’s vision for how best to enjoy Forza Horizon 4, it’s not an online-only game.

“Always online is a problem for people,” admits principal game designer Mike Brown. “Sometimes you just don’t want to play with other people; sometimes people are just put off by the idea of having to cope with other people.”

“It comes with loads of other problems, such as your internet goes down, you can’t play. Our servers go down; you can’t play. So we solved that problem by saying that Forza Horizon 4 will not be an always-online game. As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars if that’s your wont.”

Also:
Brown explains we’ll be able to pick up gigs like being a stunt driver in a movie, or assisting in a car documentary shoot.
Hmm, wonder what leaked car that might involve...

We can now own property, that’s quite interesting. In the trailer when the car show pulled up or left the houses I thought that might be the case.

I bet you feel really good right now, lol.

Yep, it's great to see. Waiting on someone to post the mentioned shot of the Speed 12 since I haven't spotted it yet.

Also, even after the leaks I could never imagine the seasons, property owning, and avatar customisation (although maybe the latter was to be expected after FM7's driver suits). Owning a castle is gonna be crazy, wonder how much of each interior we can access.

Hopefully we get some new Jeeps, since Jeeps are kinda a big thing over there. 👍
Also PROPERTIES?!!! That's it. I'm dead. Revive me when it's September 28th. :lol:

Things I am looking forward to:

"a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world"

"driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes"

"players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks"

I will be pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition on Tuesday when I get paid.

Also, two expansions confirmed:

"Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership"

There’s even avatar customisation this time around – the cast of characters is the same crew introduced in Forza Horizon 3, but Forza Horizon 4 will ship with around 500 apparel choices designed to work across both genders. They’ll also be able to express 50 emotes that will be seen at key moments, like after races.

You can't create a game without celebratory emotes at the end of a session these days. :lol:

Back