What are your THREE biggest issues/problems with PC2 in it's current state (PS4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky Wooky

(Banned)
England
Downing Street
sp00ky-w00ky-
Everyone has different needs/opinions, let's see your.

For me -

1. Volume of chat in lobbies! - This is my biggest gripe, it really is deafening. Sure, you can try and mute everyone in the lobby, but if someone joins late and starts talking you're screwed. Please can we have either a slider for chat volume, or a "mute whole lobby" button?

2. Lobby filters lack options as well as only showing 20 lobbies. - I would like more options for the lobby filters, it would be better if it was like a tick box so you can leave out all the classes you don't want to choose from, GT3 for, example, or even the tracks you do/don't want to race. Additionally, I want to be able to filter the state of the lobby, ie, filter out any lobby that is already in R. And I think the number of lobbies in the list should be increased to 50. Finally, what defines a short, long, extremely long race? For me a long race would be 10+ laps, extremely long? 3 hours.

3. Getting stuck in menu/loading screens. - This has been happening to me more and more. You finish qualifying, sit in the waiting screen, and wait, and wait, and wait. In a race where 16 people were in qualifying, by the time the waiting had finished, the race was down to 7, and 2 of those just sat on the start line doing nothing.

Everyone has different needs/opinions, let's see your.

For me -

1. Volume of chat in lobbies! - This is my biggest gripe, it really is deafening. Sure, you can try and mute everyone in the lobby, but if someone joins late and starts talking you're screwed. Please can we have either a slider for chat volume, or a "mute whole lobby" button?

2. Lobby filters lack options as well as only showing 20 lobbies. - I would like more options for the lobby filters, it would be better if it was like a tick box so you can leave out all the classes you don't want to choose from, GT3 for, example, or even the tracks you do/don't want to race. Additionally, I want to be able to filter the state of the lobby, ie, filter out any lobby that is already in R. And I think the number of lobbies in the list should be increased to 50. Finally, what defines a short, long, extremely long race? For me a long race would be 10+ laps, extremely long? 3 hours.

3. Getting stuck in menu/loading screens. - This has been happening to me more and more. You finish qualifying, sit in the waiting screen, and wait, and wait, and wait. In a race where 16 people were in qualifying, by the time the waiting had finished, the race was down to 7, and 2 of those just sat on the start line doing nothing.
My only real major gripe is UI menu lag. It's very frustrating and definitely a first world problem.

OK, so now two more smaller ones. :lol:
Oh yeah, didn't read the title properly...

So first corner/lap AI (hopefully fixed big time in first patch)
And... My T300 has already had issues with the game and has gone crazy on me a few times. So that :lol:

1. Damages between newly started sessions are not repaired
2. AI drives ruthlessly, crashing all over the place (first Corners, sometimes whole first lap)
3. Car diversity in classes is lacking. (almost everytime it´s 70% one make, and 30% a few others but not all from the class)

YMMV but for me on std PS4 -

- graphics look outdated and a step back from PCars

- I don’t like the pad handling even with recommended changes. I don’t feel in control

- Damage on cars in the race shows up from the beginning in replays

- Karts sustain serious damage even though sometimes I’ve only hit a cone that was lying on the track

- Replays are still very glitchy i.e. when pausing they still skip forward a frame or two, which is a carry over from the original game. Also I’ve rewound only to have the replay go into meltdown

This is the only purchase I’ve made so far on PS4 that I regret. The game looks and plays nothing like what I was lead to believe in the run up to release, very disappointed.

I think it’s high time that Sony enabled the ability to refund games much like steam does.

I was really looking forward to this game and really want to like it but I prefer the original so far. Hoping it will improve greatly in the coming months with many patches to be had.

1. Aliasing on base PS4. Graphics are a noticeable step down in quality over PC1

2. Menu lag

3. Generated AI qualifying times are super fast 90% of the time.

I do like the game, but I am slightly disappointed that it's not the big step up in quality over PC1 that I thought/hoped it would be. The wealth of content in terms of tracks and the variety of conditions you can experience on those tracks is seriously impressive, but the general lack of polish is grating more this time around.

Setup issues (tyres not changing and temperature issues) and saving of same.

Lap times in events not saving/registering on exit. Eg COTA Indy. How do you get your lap to be counted and save when going back to the pits or exiting?

Online event glitches and poor session/room layout selections and filtering don’t exist.

Tyres not heating up, not working and savings set-up, ai non affected by conditions or weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back