What car did you use for GT All-Stars Championship in iB?

• Thread starter Seankf1105
  • 53 comments
Seankf1105
What car did you use to win GT All-Stars Championship in iB? Want to hopefully use a car that is free but not sure if any will stack up to the FXX

Not quite up to that event yet, but I think I know what I'm going with, mainly because I like a challenge. Will post results when I go for it.

I used many cars to compete in all of events in there, the hardest race is racing kart 125. I used Aventador, BMW Z4 GT3, Racing Kart 125SP, Vette Stingray, and many more. just tune up your car till the limit, and use the power limiter then. good luck mate :cheers:

1991 Acura NSX

The one you win as a prize, started driving it and fell in love, won 25 races with it so far including this championship. Was at a major disadvantage but the AI drives slow in corners and brakes too early so I was able to make up the distance. The car doesn't handle the High Speed Ring very well but it eats up the other courses.

I span at High Speed Ring coming out of a draft from another car at ridiculous speeds, the NSX has no stability at those speeds so it was game over, still managed to come 2nd though. Won all the other races with some close racing between the lead car (a Ferrari Enzo) who had a massive straight line advantage.

just tune up your car till the limit, and use the power limiter then.
WHY ? (I know the advantage of it, it cuts off only peak power but you keep the torque, cheating in my opinion)

Waste of money, get a better car instead or better tires if you need it (hard to imagine with the current AI)

Just got 2nd with stock MP4-12C on hard sport on first attempt
(Main opponent was the Huayra)

1st race 1st, 8sec gifted by AI
2nd race 1st, 18sec gifted by AI
3rd race 4th, 37sec gifted by AI (horrible driving from me most have lost over a min. with crashes)
4th race 1st, 8sec gifted by AI
5th race 5th, 2nd knocked me in spin after i overtook him.

Overall bad driving from me, did Brand and Bathurst the first time in a really powerful car, Grand Valley the first time in GT6.

Could have won finished 1st easy by making less mistakes.

Without stupid rubberband and with 10laps per race it would be a very nice Championship.

The only remotely challenging in IB was the cart race, the races are way to easy (thanks to rubberband) but i had to learn how to drive those things.

I looked at this race last night and decided I did not have an appropriate car to use yet (other than the AE cars that I am trying not to use in career mode). I do have ~350k banked, just have to decide what car I want to use, in the meantime, I went back and ran some of the races I had previously skipped (using the '78 Trans Am for as much as I can).

C7 Vette with some upgrades (turbo) for power. I also bought LSD so I could tune that, think I set it to 8 15 7. It is a fairly easy car to drive and gets high top end speeds to compete with some pretty fast cars. For pretty much all the 600 and 650 PP races, the C7 will do the job.

Lost it again, this time against FXX and Huayra

1st race 2nd, 7,5 gifted (lost by 0,0xx)
2nd race 1st, 13,5 gifted (my best lap 0,5 slower than FXX)
3rd race 2nd, 33 gifted (lost by 1sec, had some small errors, best lap 6sec slower than FXX)
4th race 2nd, 14,5 gifted (lost by 0,15x best lap 1,3 slower)
5th race 2nd, 24,5 gifted (big spin 1st corner, best lap 2sec slower

FXX should not be in this championship if you ask me, its the only race car (i would like to know what tires he uses)

I do have ~350k banked, just have to decide what car I want to use,
MP4-12C is a good choice, easy to drive, very powerful+very good traction.
Only flaw is that is a bit to neutral/understeery, so if you are to hot in a corner you are kind of doomed as it has no lift off oversteer to correct the line and also not much power oversteer.
So it needs to be driven very clean, slow in and early power out.

If there is no FXX around it should do the All Star Championship with no problems without any tuning.

I have a full upgraded Ferrari 458.
With the tune that I have on it I do any race I can with it lol pp adjustment and away we go
I recommend this car tho it is quite pricey for the start of the game.

I used my stock Huyara 15th Anniversary. Hate to admit, I got silver. but that is because of my own mistake, I did win 3 of the races and 2nd on 1 (FXX was a nice challenge). Didn't drive 1 race at all because for some reason on 2nd lap, I was suddenly 1 lap behind of everyone. They were on lap 3 (glitch?).

I did it in the Megane Trophy. (the one with the racing numbers on it). I got the David and Goliath trophy for it. It was very tough, but doable.

Great car for those twists and turns.

Just posted this on the AI thread, but since it happened at the Allstars i put it here to.
I just found out how this works i think.

I just had the best race ever since playing GT6 ! (Last race Allstars in IB)

The trick is using better tires, the opponents use race hard and i used soft sport.
(So far i always used the stock hard sport)

The leading Huayra did 1:59 1st lap, 2:01 in 2nd and 2:00 in 3rd
I did 2:00, 1:57 and 1:56.

Now the fun part, i was behind him towards the end of lap 3.
The whole 4th i was direct behind him and pushed as good as i could, but he really stepped it up !
I did the lap in 1:55,2 he did a 1:55,4 , improved his best quite a bit under pressure !
I passed him just after the line out of slipstream, pushed hard the whole 5th lap, he alway just behind me,
I did 5th in 2:55,3 he got 2nd place 0,38 behind.

Not a single contact with him the whole race btw !

And that MP4-12C handles f...ingfantastic with those soft sports.

That replay will be my new favorite.

Crazy:
I did the exact same race 2h before just with hard sport, it went totally different.
The Huayra also started with 1:59, 2:00 but in 3rd he had already slowed down to 2:05, i guess because i was still way behind.
4th he did 2:06,5 in 5th 2:08,5, in total he gifted me ~24sec.
I got up to him mid 5th lap and could pass easy becaus he was driving so slow, he was also not pushing me much for the rest of the lap.
Same result but such a horrible race.

So the secret seems to be to match the opponents closely with car&tires, they don't pity you any more and give you a fight instead.
So answer to topic:
Get that MP4-12C and soft sports !

I used my Monster Mira in my profile pic. :)
600HP and FWD led to hell, but it's definitely do-able. Heck, someone won the championship with a fully tuned Honda Fit. :lol:

What car did you use to win GT All-Stars Championship in iB? Want to hopefully use a car that is free but not sure if any will stack up to the FXX
I used the free Vision VGT pumped up to just short of 600 PP. It was an easy win except for the 4th race, and i still won it first try.

Talking about Bathhurst. A car that should be great there is the FTO Super Touring Car. On the Ring its is like glue. Just sticks to the track.

Back