What car should i buy when i first enter GT Mode

• Thread starter Ilyrico
  • 35 comments
Croatia
Croatia
Today im going to get PS3 with GT5,so what car you recommend buying in GT mode first?
Im not a new GT player-i have been playing since GT3

Today im going to get PS3 with GT5,so what car you recommend buying in GT mode first?
Im not a new GT player-i have been playing since GT3

If you buy a car that's around 16,000 Cr for your first race should be ok.

Based on reviews, I think the Mazda Miata is a good choice, whether the old or new ones. It's a no-nonsense car that will be competitive at your early races.

Also, you can buy it as a used or unused car. However, if you're going to buy a used one, then don't forget to change it's oil first so that you can gain more power to your car.

HTH.

Good luck!

Last edited:
If you're connected to the internet and install the latest updates, you get given a free Toyota GT86.

If not, then no doubt get something cheap from the Used Car Dealer.

If you're connected to the internet and install the latest updates, you get given a free Toyota GT86.

If not, then no doubt get something cheap from the Used Car Dealer.

This is correct, though you still WILL have to buy a car.. I recommend a FF as you will need it fairly soon.

This is correct, though you still WILL have to buy a car.. I recommend a FF as you will need it fairly soon.

Will eventually have to buy a car? I got the 86 and was able to start racing immediately without buying one.

MadCyclist
Will eventually have to buy a car? I got the 86 and was able to start racing immediately without buying one.

You'll need different types of car for different events, like the aforementioned front-wheel-drive cars.

I think Ilyrico was going to buy the GT5 Academy Edition you get a free car a Toyota GT86 with it I think is that right even if you are not online.

You'll need different types of car for different events, like the aforementioned front-wheel-drive cars.

I took the question as "I only have 20,000 credits and I don't know what to buy." Frankly, if you're online you can simply take that free 86 GT and tick off the 400PP events in the 400/500/650PP sets for some serious revenue. Then the dealership is your oyster.

1) You can buy a Kart, then do the Kart special events to level up and earn money before you go to a-spec.

2) You can start with the licenses and get prize cars without needing a car first. For the first set of 10 licenses you get...

B License Gold: TommyKaira ZZ-S '00 (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
B License Silver: Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07 (P) *plus bronze prize
B License Bronze: Mazda Demio Sport '03 (S)

It's all easier from there...

I bought the game when it came out.. At that point even though I had the Chrome Line of cars I was not able to begin ASpec until I had actually "purchased" one.

Go to the Premium Dealership & buy a Mazda MX5, not the yellow special edition one. This car is so much fun to drive in stock form, plenty of grip yet still slides out when you're aggressive. I still drive it even now, one of my fav cars. :D

I bought the game when it came out.. At that point even though I had the Chrome Line of cars I was not able to begin ASpec until I had actually "purchased" one.

Clearly things have since been changed. I got a notification that a Toyota 86 GT '12 had been given to me and was available for delivery, so I "picked it up" and chose to use it right then and there. I then entered my first race. It's my suspicion that anyone beginning now will have an experience much closer to mine than one who started when the game was released.

Clearly things have since been changed. I got a notification that a Toyota 86 GT '12 had been given to me and was available for delivery, so I "picked it up" and chose to use it right then and there. I then entered my first race. It's my suspicion that anyone beginning now will have an experience much closer to mine than one who started when the game was released.

I believe you are probably correct, but I was only explaining "my" experience with the situation :)

Yeah i got the free car but i suck at driving it,i suck at driving every fast car like this one,and the game looks bad on CRT,i seriously need to get a LCD because with CRT it looks worse than GT4,another annoying thing is the arcade mode,only those cars avaiable and 100 favourites,come on,just another thing GT4 is better in,but im happy with the game for now

Take it into practice mode and throw on some Comfort Medium tires. Learn the limits of the car on those and bump up to Comfort Soft. Switch all driving aids off (including ABS) and set your brake balance to 2/2, you still won't be able to slam on the brakes but this will decrease the sensitivity and the amount your tires lock up. Finally, throw the default tires back on and let the car rip. It's a spectacular chassis, frankly it does most of the work when you just start with it and then you can put it into situations that most other cars won't make it out of.

Yeah i got the free car but i suck at driving it,i suck at driving every fast car like this one,and the game looks bad on CRT,i seriously need to get a LCD because with CRT it looks worse than GT4,another annoying thing is the arcade mode,only those cars avaiable and 100 favourites,come on,just another thing GT4 is better in,but im happy with the game for now

If I had a spare LCD TV I would send it your way. GT5 is a good looking game (minus a few glaring things like shadows and smoke). I had a CRT when I first got my PS3. The change when I bought my plasma was insane.

Start out with an mx5, then go for a Subaru legacy touring wagon, then challenger/ camaro, then viper/ ford gt/ corvette

The first car I bought was a Mazda éfini RX-7 Type RZ (FD) '96 (Brilliant Black). A very good car to start with. But GT5 will pretty much throw cars at you through the game.

Never mind about that car,i redeemed like 28 other cars from DLCs i got from Academy Edition,so now i have a ton of them,also is there any way to make the cars look bigger in game,because they look a bit small now....

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind about that car,i redeemed like 28 other cars from DLCs i got from Academy Edition,so now i have a ton of them,also is there any way to make the cars look bigger in game,because they look a bit small now....

If you have a small tv the cars will be small is that what you are talking about Ilyrico.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started about a month ago, although I had a ton of cars from included DLC, plus buying the remaining DLC, but still started out with a used car.

1st Car - '85 Mazda SAVANNA RX-7 GT-Limited (FC) - FR

The RX-7 is a decent car to drive for the first few series, with the ability to run through the Sunday Cup, World Compact Cup, and FR Challenge for the Beginner Series and Clubman Cup in Amateur Series

2nd Car - '01 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V - FF

Purchased for the FF Challenge in Beginner Series, also won European Hot Hatch Championship (although doesn't fit well), and Festival Italia in the Amateur series.

Between winning these in both A-Spec and B-Spec, you should have a decent start on cash and cars to work from there.

Although the very first thing I did was knock out Licenses B, A, IC, IB, and IA, Silver or better.

Ilyrico
Now i have 700 000 cr from being last in 5 races from seasonal events :P

Now, this is a right time for you to buy a pure performance sports car. If I we're you, I'll buy the Nissan GT-R SpecV in the Dealership for 160k credits and spend the remaining 540k on fully tuning it. However, you are the one playing, so buy the car that you really like in the game the most.

I bought 2 rally cars(a used mitsubishi from ´74 and a toyota celica)
I still have like 400 000 left and im waiting for a mitsubishi pajero or subaru rally car to jump in...

Ilyrico
I bought 2 rally cars(a used mitsubishi from ´74 and a toyota celica)
I still have like 400 000 left and im waiting for a mitsubishi pajero or subaru rally car to jump in...

Is it the first Pajero or the new one that's also called Montero? Because the new one costs for about 450k credits. Good luck though.

No it is the old 4WD Pajero from 1985,im mostly getting cars to enjoy in arcade mode(because i loved Arcade mode in GT4 and in GT5 they just ruined it)

Back