What Car to do American Championship?

• Thread starter fireant
  • 64 comments
Think I did it with a Ford GT if it's the event I think it is.

My American car collection is pretty limited and that's the fastest car I've got I'd imagine.

I did it with my NASCAR Ford Fusion, the one with the duck on the side :)

I don't have any racing spec US cars though I could probably have modded my standard Ford GT or a new Corvette, may have to do so for B-Spec as Bob doesn't seem to be able to manage better than 7th in the Fusion (always seems to spend the whole race exchanging places with the Panoz)

did it with the Nascar that was gifted via Jeff Gordon challenge. It's the one with the National Guard plastered on the back.

I passed B-Spec in a Race Modded C6 Z06, the Indy race was extremely competitive, won out over a couple of 2j's and what seemed like about 12 Ford gt's :) The RM Vette rocks and the paint scheme looks real cool too. I saved about 90,000 by not going with the ZR1.

Signed......no better car to do it. Cheap, fast and a winner car.

Cheap sure but why buy a car when you can use one you already have? Any NASCAR car smokes it (is a bit of a handful at times though), also depending on which way around you do things, the Ford GT LM is awesome too (and I found was the only one that could deal with the oval in B-Spec)

Also hadn't thought of the Cien, that should walk it too!

If you are looking for any other cars, other than the RM ZR-1 folks seem to like, the Viper Oreca LM or Corvette C5 should do it, not sure how much the Vette is but the Viper comes in at around 2 million credits. Also I suspect the Cobra might be a contender with the right mods, but might lose out in max speed.

Cheap sure but why buy a car when you can use one you already have? Any NASCAR car smokes it (is a bit of a handful at times though), also depending on which way around you do things, the Ford GT LM is awesome too (and I found was the only one that could deal with the oval in B-Spec)

Also hadn't thought of the Cien, that should walk it too!

If you are looking for any other cars, other than the RM ZR-1 folks seem to like, the Viper Oreca LM or Corvette C5 should do it, not sure how much the Vette is but the Viper comes in at around 2 million credits. Also I suspect the Cobra might be a contender with the right mods, but might lose out in max speed.

Always depends on what cars you already have bought or won in races. So I nearly always sell ****** standard cars, so only a few won cars are in my garage.

Is the Corvette ZR1 RM you speak of a seperate car from the normal ZR1, or is it a normal ZR1 race modified in GT Auto and parts shop?

Is the Corvette ZR1 RM you speak of a seperate car from the normal ZR1, or is it a normal ZR1 race modified in GT Auto and parts shop?

The latter. Buy the ZR1 from the new car dealer and then race mod it in GT Auto. Its worth every credit, btw, excellent car and you'll make up the cost of buying it by running the Indy race a few times for the 117k creds.

I attempted with the Cien (fully tuned with all weight reductions) and couldn't place better than 6th. What were your settings for each track?

That thing is a handful. I'm forced to constantly feather the throttle. Then there's the entry understeer, followed by exit snap-oversteer. It's probably my setup, but the car seems to be fundamentally unstable. Or it's just me. :P

Time to invest in a ZR1.

That thing is a handful. I'm forced to constantly feather the throttle. Then there's the entry understeer, followed by exit snap-oversteer. It's probably my setup, but the car seems to be fundamentally unstable. Or it's just me. :P

Time to invest in a ZR1.
An ACR with 800 or so hp and Racing Medium with weight reductions does it pretty handily too. :)
Makes for a good race, cause it isn't quite fast enough to lose the AI draft.

Like many others have stated in this thread, the Corvette C6 ZR1 RM should do the job. For this race I used a fully modified version of this car with racing soft tires and damn near ran (not walk) away from the competition. I'm by no means a great driver but with the "Sail Ic" tune, my car embarrassed the 2J and Gulf Ford GT that were at the head of the race.

Racing it right now with the Cadillac CIEN Concept 02 that I won a few days ago.. Free no mods. Kicking some butt atm.

Back