What Car to do American Championship?

• Thread starter fireant
  • 64 comments
I used a NASCAR. Indy is easy (you pass everyone on the first straight) and for Laguna Seca I maxed down force and turned down the top speed an won easily.

2j race car with turbo upgrade its a dream.

what are the lap times for a car like that? While I can't use it in the American Race- The Minolta runs a 40 second lap and the FGT runs a 38 second lap with me. How quick does that thing go, because honestly after driving those, coming back to the ZR-1 feels a bit slow at 42 seconds.

B-spec (Driver lv. 23)

Tried CIEN and different fully tuned Vettes, without luck. The CIEN came in 2.nd on both tracks as my best result.

Just bought the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, bought the last tuning parts available and aced the Indy. Overtook the last car in round 15.... Only paced my driver a little.

On Indy, 1.st place in first round
Laguna, 1.st place in second round

Remember the right tyres and lower the rideheight.

Have to say those Ford GT's are FAST, could never pull away from them in B-Spec even with the supercharger in my ZR-1 RM. Mind you, Bob braking for corners they don't might have a lot to do with it, too!

As someone asked what is faster than a zr1 vette the answer has been given above, ford lmII Test car, a dream on wheels, did the whole Oval without bracking pedal to the metal. But i dont know if it is better than gt lmII race car?? Seems to be the same car. But how is the GT without eing? The one with sane livery than the gulf GT40???

And i heard some guys say that the Z06 could be 40 s faster on Indy. Any one knows?

I used a Race Modded z06, sitting right now at about 618hp after break in. Thing is never use brakes, you never have to. Just let off the throttle at the right time going into corner 1, then accelerate quickly once you can feel the bite of your tires, then off the gas for corner 2, but make sure you aim for the low inside and just full throttle all the way through, you should be able to hold your line easily. Thing is Race Modded cars aren't very good with too much horsepower, requires a lot more braking than necessary to get down to corner gripping speeds. I literally pull away by the second lap and usually win by about 10 seconds, I'll check it next time I grind for spending cash, lol. Power isn't everything, control and knowing the car will help a lot. I'll try to figure out how to post a video of it, I'll do one with absolutely no braking for corners at all on Indy Superspeedway.

If were talking about the extreme series, I also used the ACR Viper. Fully Upgraded, oil change, etc it put me over 1k HP. Some slight adjusting to the tranny for some smaller gears and by turn 1 I would lead at Laguna. I was able to get lap times down to 1:19. If you can beat it, with whatever car you're using, its a great race to grind with.117k credits and just under 8k xp at 7minutes total. Best I've found so far.

As someone asked what is faster than a zr1 vette the answer has been given above, ford lmII Test car, a dream on wheels, did the whole Oval without bracking pedal to the metal. But i dont know if it is better than gt lmII race car?? Seems to be the same car. But how is the GT without eing? The one with sane livery than the gulf GT40???

And i heard some guys say that the Z06 could be 40 s faster on Indy. Any one knows?

The Ford LM II Test Car is the absolute BEST in this race….I am currently running the oval on Level 23 B-Spec as we speak and that car is LAPPING other people! Taking the turns at 150+ MPH….it's unbeatable on the oval race! Hope it does the same in the 2nd course! I wasted money on the ZR Vette RM car, it was ****, I could have done better with the NASCAR...

I've never needed to use the ZR-1, mainly because I bought the Saleen S7 from the UCD. It easily won both races in the American Championship, with some modifications added of course.

I wasted money on the ZR Vette RM car, it was ****, I could have done better with the NASCAR...

dude check your controls, you must be driving in reverse.

zr1 RM'ed its and all round up, such a great car, maybe not as good but really close imho as the gtlmII spec test car but way more cheaper.

trust me, you will used that zr1 in so many races and it will win you many races.

and the z28 rm, just gave it to bob, won all the races i send him to, no swet.

I bought Oreca Viper & won fairly handy, apart from Laguna Seca where I made a last lap mistake & had to plough into the leading Chaparral on purpose, resulting in winning Jay Leno's tail-happy Tank Car!

Is there anything faster than the ZR1 for the American Championship? Regardless of price.

The ford gt lm spec 2 race car :) at least 6 seconds quicker as i have both :) you get it for doing the dream car event, although it isnt as fast on the straights (204mph) it can do that around the corner, the ZR1 you have to slow to around 180mph

I used the Cadillac for A spec, fully tuned of course. Works like a dream. And useful for A spec grinding too, it's about 4,5 minutes? to beat the race and it gives you almost 120 000 credits.

the ford gt race car is the best for this event but expensive a used a ford gt 40 race car that costr 3 million as a couldnt get it in a corvete zr1 fully race modded and tuned or the c606 corvete fully race modded and tuned too slow and always got left behind with the gt40 race cars

Back