What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 503 comments
Now I've finished the Ringer Tour I'm working through the Open Tour. C Class completed in my MX5.

Started B Class with the Hyundai Forza Edition but had to stop as seeing Maple Valley after VIR was just too much "cruel and unusual punishment" for one day!

Did a handful of races online in the 6 Cylinder Open Series and one in the B Class Open Series. First thing I did was buy and tune the Ferrari 296 for the 6 Cylinder Series, thinking that it'd be a good choice of car. Unfortuntely I got absolutely destroyed by my competition on a wet Nurburgring GP. I bought the '02 RS4 Avant and tuned it to the top of B Class but it was crap, so I tuned it further to compete in the Cylinder Series. I did one race at Silverstone and ended up 7th from the back of the grid, but the racing tyres went away too fast. In that race, there was a 993 911 GT2 with an RWB kit, so immediately modified mine to see what I could do in it. The car turned out to be very fast, but I couldn't get a podium finish because I kept stuffing up. Then again I only did two races.

Finished two remaining races from Super Sixes Tour.
Some difficulties at unknown Hakone and easy one at Suzuka.

b49875a4-ed8e-4372-88a8-627eb2733739_copy_1920x1080.png

010a239f-1952-4da1-90a5-bf3940712382_copy_1920x1080.png

Last edited:
Finished off this months open events with my 2016 Camaro, S class is about as far as I reckon the car should go, would love to see this car with a widebody at some point.

Also jumped into a P2 spec race with only a couple mins practice, got absolutely dominated by the whole field, 3s off the top best lap and everyone was just fractionally quicker, not sure if it was due to lack of a tune or lack of experience in high DF cars.

Finished off this months open events with my 2016 Camaro, S class is about as far as I reckon the car should go, would love to see this car with a widebody at some point.

Also jumped into a P2 spec race with only a couple mins practice, got absolutely dominated by the whole field, 3s off the top best lap and everyone was just fractionally quicker, not sure if it was due to lack of a tune or lack of experience in high DF cars.
I have only completed the series to get my online rating and I think 1 other race in the AMG. I got hammered every time. I think I just need to get used to the controller more and my online racing just might get better. Tuning is also a big downfall for me. Sometimes I throw settings together and do not realize what does what and how one setting affect another.

I have no idea how this happened, but after 60 laps at our oft-postponed Daytona-something-or-other...

Forza Motorsport 2024-03-24 12-25-31.png

Thought about running some of the new races in career but realized I just don't care. I have other things I'd prefer to do. Like race a badass Cadillac in a too-long multi-class endurance race with some good friends!

Now, with replay!

Last edited:
-Drove the Toyota TS020, BMW V12 LMR and Nissan R391 around Le Mans.
-Bought the '69 Dodge Charger, swapped the 8.4L Viper V10 into it and applied all the upgrades. I then drove it around Road America.
-Bought the FC Mazda RX-7, equipped the widebody kit and tuned it to the top of B Class. I then drove it around Suzuka.

Last edited:
Began with Open Series C class. Bought Porsche 911 '82 and made mistake, it is hell to drive, just as I was afraid of. But get used after few laps.
First came Silverstone National, hard win due to the nasty car, but I made it.
Second was Mugello short, easy win this time.
Two remaining races will come to order tomorrow or some other day.

452c4911-9cb8-4416-bb0f-0eeb710736f1_copy_1920x1080.png

Began with Open Series C class. Bought Porsche 911 '82 and made mistake, it is hell to drive, just as I was afraid of. But get used after few laps.
First came Silverstone National, hard win due to the nasty car, but I made it.
Second was Mugello short, easy win this time.
Two remaining races will come to order tomorrow or some other day.

View attachment 1340377

This Porsche is a dangerous ride "as is" from the dealer, it needs a visit to a tune-shop to be a "sportscar". (much like older Corvettes++)

I gave it one notch up in front-tyres to 225s and two notches up in the rear to 285s. But the car was still too stiff to take turns so I gave it adjustable swaybars and ended up with 10.80 front & rear. And since turn10 doesn`t know what a sports gearbox is I had to buy a race gearbox set to 2.90-1.90-1.50-1.20.1.00-0.85 and 3.30 rear. (=5sp w. overdrive)

After this little makeover the car owns the field. It`s a joy to drive!

Just finished the 6cyl tour in the Nissan 370Z, really enjoyed this tour, especially finishing in Suzuka. I'm stubborn and haven't bought any car-points yet, I do still enjoy the game loop before the car-points overhaul, so I ended up towards the end of B class I think with racing tires and some stiffness upgrades to complete the tour, had a good battle getting from 6th to 1st overtaking a glorious sounding BMW with widebody going into the 2nd to last lap, I could take much more speed in the first corner (3rd gear) after the snake section to do the final overtake.

Swapped through the open series and tested out a 319hp version of the 82 Porsche mentioned earlier in class C. Easy win. My garage is full of older cars in several hotted up versions so I just picked some of my fast-from-the line favorites to gert this hot Ferrari

Now I've finished the Ringer Tour I'm working through the Open Tour. C Class completed in my MX5.

Started B Class with the Hyundai Forza Edition but had to stop as seeing Maple Valley after VIR was just too much "cruel and unusual punishment" for one day!

Finished the B Class events and have started A Class where I'm doing my own Gandini tribute in the Lamborghini Countach :bowdown:

Set the graphics as low as possible to see how high the FPS can get to in a tuning session. I seen 193fps a couple of times on the in-game counter. The Nvidia counter never crossed 165 FPS though.

I finished the 8-cylinder part of the tour, and I'll be honest, I don't care much about the old American V-8 barges: they look the same, behave the same, sound the same to me...

Also, the ineptness of the AI in the oval races is appalling as ever, but to be honest, I don't recall ever having good oval races in any FM.

Last edited:
Oh, it's not just Forza with that problem...
I'm very aware of that, I just hope one day FM programmers approach AI differently... I would suggest looking into swarm behavior, then again, after playing Horizon: Zero Dawn, I know how that went...:scared:

Started with V8 Heritage.
Bought Buick GSX '70 and started at Laguna short.
Car behaves like a boat and is very hard to control with gamepad, but still managed to finish 1st.
Then came Eaglerock Speedway oval, where I finished first too.
In both races, started 12th.

abd8252e-8ace-448b-8052-a831574649f6_copy_1920x1080.png

Next is Road America, I did only practice and finished for today.

Today I finished races in Road America and Daytona Oval in V8 Heritage.
After putting street and then sports tires on Buick, it becomes very drivable...

52fccb15-97bc-4fdb-87c3-c7be93a50c62_copy_1920x1080.png

After that I bought Ferrari 512 TR and, started with B Class in Open Wheel, and drove at VIR - finished 3rd.

2933c7af-b6df-4a56-a990-05018a96ce1c_copy_1920x1080.png

Finished the Vintage Hatch series in the @PJTierney TicTac Fiesta and have now moved on to the Retro Tuners series in the Celica complete with nice retro livery which I found.

Am I correct in assuming that the series in the Career which are 6 races instead of 5, now have an extra race added using one of the new tracks? If so, there must be a new track later on in this series.

Did 3 races in the E class hopper, first race at Hakone, didn't have the pace to keep with the pack, but ended with a decent best lap at the end.

2nd race at Road America East, feels like a cheat code taking a V8 into this race, for me it was the Torana, which only needed a couple of upgrades to top E class, couldn't quite crack into the podium ended up in 4th place 5s from the front.

Last race was at Mugello short course, had a fun race, initially passed most of the pack off the starting line, but couldn't hold it in the twisties, realised my MR2 needs to be balanced towards handling a bit more as I was making up time on the field on the straight. Will tweak some and try again tomorrow.

I like this class, seemed pretty clean in each race, at least didn't see any F1 chaos

Did the C Class Open in my Mustang SVO. It was a tight finish with the M3 rockets to deal with.

Last edited:
Completed the new weeks content. Spa with the Huracan proved annoying as the AI had a tendency to push me off the track. Keeping to the inside solved that issue!

Latest Posts

Back