What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,822 comments
Got my 1 mil from the predictions. Saving it for now.

Instead, I finished the GTS FF Challenge and starting on the Clio Cup. Won the WRX Gr B Road Car from a 4 Star! I've been getting really lucky with these workouts :)

Did some League Racing however it was a bit of a Fluster Cluck after issue with Lobbies and connections but we finished the two races and it was great fun.

Attachments

• 20970478781138665.jpg
    20970478781138665.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20970080707855672.jpg
    20970080707855672.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 9
  • 20970368497598355.jpg
    20970368497598355.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20970571322503424.jpg
    20970571322503424.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20970022959468673.jpg
    20970022959468673.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 8
Fired up for the second time since the bonanza, last time I didn’t even make use of it. Opened one of my 4 star tickets I hadn’t touched since my last session. Got an Alpine VGT. Opened a 3 star. Only cars on the roulette, got a Bugatti Gr. 4. Solid start.

I finally decided to start chipping away on the new menus, starting with the Group 1 challenges. Taking my usual debauchery route I tried to see if I could make something work with the Radical, but found I couldn’t adjust the aero and starting with less than 1/3rd of the HP would be a bit of a task. After getting my build stable above 400hp and still getting lapped twice I tried a stock Ford GT, and was immediately 10s a lap faster. I had already spent several hours on the radical and didn’t feel like starting over again for a new build, so I shelved that menu and tried another.

Started the VGT menu. The Alpine I just won was too OP, and that’s not my style. I also had the Zagato that I won very early on, so I tried that. I could climb a but through the field but ultimately the front ~3-5 cars were too fast. There weren’t any mods available, and I didn’t want to spend 1 mil on another car I couldn’t tune and I’d never use for anything else, so I gave up on that menu too.

Started the Neo Classical menu, and didn’t look into what the opponent level was. Decided to take this opportunity to finally start reaping the rewards of my bonanz-ing, and hard-set my entry on being an MX-7 (NA Miata with RX-7 power). Boy was I surprised when I saw group C’s and the Escudo.

I’m still very much in the middle of building this thing up, but it’s already one of my favorite things I’ve built so car. It benefits from not being absurdly more heavy than the stock engine and also not having a psychotic power increase, but it was incredibly wily and bouncy on stock suspension.

Just like with the group 1 challenge I was getting double lapped initially, but at my current stage I’ve gotten it stable enough to only be lapped once and even have the gall to pass another car:

B27F1E1D-4C3A-4ADF-B217-F51AB57D8D68.jpeg

I’ll be giving it a livery at some point once I get more ideas. I’m still without turbos or higher level power upgrades, and even have more weight to shed still, so a loooot of pace still in it. Remains to be seen if those upgrades will still let me no-stop strategy though.

Took the handicaps off the AMG GT Black (put power limiter from 70 to 100), shed 100KG of ballast (but kept 100 for improved handling) and had great fun at the Hyper Car events! Don't pay much but quick and really enjoyable! The AMG won easily......

EDIT - forgot to mention, tried yet again to win that Tsubaka 4 chilli race (forgot what it's called) but failed again! That race is a nightmare and a great advert for rolling starts. The standing start in this results in total mayhem at the first corner every single time.
No idea how I'm going to win it, every car I try gets slaughtered!

Last edited:
Took the handicaps off the AMG GT Black (put power limiter from 70 to 100), shed 100KG of ballast (but kept 100 for improved handling) and had great fun at the Hyper Car events! Don't pay much but quick and really enjoyable! The AMG won easily......

EDIT - forgot to mention, tried yet again to win that Tsubaka 4 chilli race (forgot what it's called) but failed again! That race is a nightmare and a great advert for rolling starts. The standing start in this results in total mayhem at the first corner every single time.
try the Civic touring car with super hard tires. Use TSC 1 at start.

Completed the last menu book (all wins but it says 3rd for all races?) and got awarded with a 5 star. Also received a 6 star for the daily marathon. For the first time in weeks, got some luck my way 🙂

Attachments

• 18273ad680e34-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18273ad680e34-screenshotUrl.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 18273ad588368-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18273ad588368-screenshotUrl.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
  • 18273ad45a485-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18273ad45a485-screenshotUrl.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 18273ad36ae67-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18273ad36ae67-screenshotUrl.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Stage 3 Weight Reduced Yaris, Racing Clutch, Racing Transmission with shortened ratios.

You still need to run a tidy race but it's a winning combo for me; I use it regularly.

Last edited:
I started my 'Custom Races' project - and decided to start by trying to recreate 1999 Suzuka JGTC.

I've spent the best part of the afternoon researching, finding and then installing liveries... and it's looking pretty good already.

Here's what I've got so far:

7 GT500 cars
9 GT300 cars

Of the 6 GT500 cars, only four are 'real' GT500 models in the game, and are pretty obvious: 2x Honda NSX, Nissan GT-R and Toyota Supra. However, I've also added a Supra RZ, a Skyline R34 and the Viper GTS and boosted them up to 700 PP with RH tyres, to give me six different liveried cars that really look the part. I'm missing the Lamborghini Diablo and McLaren F1-GTR, but I will also replace the RZ and R34 with proper GT500 cars, plus another NSX and one more Supra would bring the total to 10 GT500s.

I only need a Mitsubishi FTO (may have to be a GTO...) to complete the GT300 roster already, and I'm currently bringing them up to roughly the same standard so they are raceable, though at present they are really just there for added realism.

-

As for race settings, I need to tweak the cars and settings to make a close race, but I would like to recreate a half-distance (1 hr) race, with realistic pit stops. I don't actually know how many stops is 'normal' for JGTC races, but I'd figure that a 1 hour race would probably be 3 stops.

I did one test race and got hammered by the NSX, but it was satisfyingly realistic - the top 3 was actually identical to the real race, which was really cool...

Last edited:
On the Plus account, after grabbing the Trans Am as it came into the UCD overnight, I spent well over 100 miles on the Tokyo Central Counterclockwise CE to get all gold. The resulting 4-star marathon Wheel of Despair gave me a second 2008 Nissan Fairlady Z (the first one was from the 1-star for completing Menu Book 5). I then bought the 2002 Honda NSX and 2015 Lamborghini Aventador to get halfway through the 500,000-Cr. cars.

On the GTP account, after getting 4 1969 Corvette Stingrays for engine purposes, I did the Sardegna grind in the 962 C (no-stop/FM 6/short-shift at 7,000 rpm laps 5-9), and it yielded...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...the lowest-possible/visible 5,000 Cr. on an all-cash 3-star Wheel of Despair. I then took the kart out for some more WRS laps at Lake Maggiore, and improved the time by a half-second.

Did more GT Sport recreations: Clio Cup and FR Challenge. The first wasn't bad, but the second one was a bit more challenging. I ran the GR Supra and the quick cars in the grid were the S-FR Racing Concept and RX-7 '02.

Next up is the Roadsters Cup. I'll be using the NA for the Beginner events and either the ND or TC for the Amateur whenever I get to that.

And looks like my ticket luck ran out, just a FC Suspension for the X-Bow from a 3 Star.

Went to Le Sarthe with the Mach Forty. All stock other than RH, I'm & wet tyres. Christ it's fast. Probably should have got racing brakes, in hindsight. With a decent tune, it'll be immense.
A 6 star ticket of dispondency gave me 100,000 credits.
Set up a PSN on my PS4, for the grandson and his Fortnite, and guess what?, Gran Turismo 7, all fresh and new, ready to start again. Golded licenses up to IA. Restarted the menus too. What a bonus.....

Went to Le Sarthe with the Mach Forty. All stock other than RH, I'm & wet tyres. Christ it's fast. Probably should have got racing brakes, in hindsight. With a decent tune, it'll be immense.
A 6 star ticket of dispondency gave me 100,000 credits.
Set up a PSN on my PS4, for the grandson and his Fortnite, and guess what?, Gran Turismo 7, all fresh and new, ready to start again. Golded licenses up to IA. Restarted the menus too. What a bonus.....
love that car

I did a full 1hr trial of my Suzuka JGTC 1999 Custom Race (as described above) and it was great fun.... but...

As was apparent before, the rubber-banding in Custom Races - even with Boost set to 'Off' is almost absurd. Yes, it makes any race a close race, but ironically it makes engineering a genuinely close race impossible.

My intention was to record lap times etc. and then tweak each car's performance to even out the differences - but I doubt that will work.

By mid-race, I was lapped by both Honda NSXs, but was doing well against everyone else, and was in a comfortable 3rd place. I ended up lapping the entire field behind me twice. I managed to unlap myself too, and the last stint saw me gain time on the two NSXs hand over fist - like 10s a lap atleast. I passed one with 2 laps to go, and finished the race just 1.6 seconds behind the leader. Bonkers.

I need to study the settings a bit more, but I'm on 'Intermediate' difficulty (in the game generally, and in the Custom Race settings); I also switched BoP 'on' (thinking that would even things out a bit, but not sure what it actually does) and Boost 'Off'.

However, I think with some adjustment it could be a great event, even though it paid out just 40,000 Cr. for 2nd place in a 1 hour race. Still, that was better than the carbon stick I got with my so-called 6-star ticket earlier...

Tried to improve my 5th place in the Mono Trial Mountain mission.

2 stops, 9S/9S/10M. Wanted to do all soft but didn’t think I could get to the end, so went with the mediums to finish. Big mistake. Car felt awful, slow getting through traffic.

Lost by this much.

20970809147283146.jpg

7D692A01-1840-4B45-A0AE-34CE680B15C4.jpeg

Win-or-bust now so no credits either for that effort. I need a drink.

I bought the Shelby Mustang GT350 from the legendary car dealer, modified it a little and took it to Bathurst. Then I bought the 2013 Dodge Viper and took it to Maggiore.

Last edited:
Had to give the Trial Mountain mission another go after last night’s failure - in the words of the great Thanos, I could not live with my own failure.

Was as simple as switching from cockpit to chase cam. Much easier to control the sliding and manage the tire wear. Took the lead at the 2nd stop and cruised to victory.

20969938953754324.jpg

1968D47D-7434-4820-B1C0-E1E5C3990410.jpeg

Kei cars next!

I had a 30 minute race at Suzuka with a full grid of 1999 JGTC cars, and did the race in cockpit view - which is very rare for me.

Brilliant, close race - I don't really get how BoP works in Custom Races, but switching it off made the race much closer (which I thought was the opposite of what it's there for, but never mind...)

-

Alas, I had to go back to some grinding events to make enough Cr. to buy more cars for the JGTC replica race(s), so I did the Le Mans WTC 700 this morning. Despite a couple of setbacks, I won and (somehow) got the CRB too... I think you actually need to get out of the car and beat up a marshal to not get the CRB here.

try the Civic touring car with super hard tires. Use TSC 1 at start.
Tried it, thanks for the tip, did OK but just can't get the speed on the straights.....
Stage 3 Weight Reduced Yaris, Racing Clutch, Racing Transmission with shortened ratios.

You still need to run a tidy race but it's a winning combo for me; I use it regularly.
Tried weight reduction stage 2 PLUS mid-range turbo and for some reason it completely ruined the handling. Did what you said and the drive was much better, but haven't managed a win yet! Getting there slowly.

One thing I did discover.....if you have feet flat on brake and accelerator, and release brake at the start you get a much better take-off than if you just floor the accelerator.
Despite a couple of setbacks, I won and (somehow) got the CRB too... I think you actually need to get out of the car and beat up a marshal to not get the CRB here.
I've heard the only way to lose CRB on this track and Sardegna (for the WTC 800 races) is to overtake on a yellow flag. I have won the CRB every time, and really shouldn't have! But I'm not complaining, I think it's a glitch that I hope stays.....

I did another 1999 JGCT simulation - Autopolis half-distance, 27 laps, 9 replica GT500s and 11 replica GT300s.

It was a fun race, but... it was a bit bonkers.

I didn't notice until afterwards, but the 'BoP' option was not available, presumably because I was in a car that was much lower power than some others in the field (GT300s are tweaked to around 555 PP, GT500s are around 700 PP)

I started 17th on the grid, with 10th being the effective 'race win'. But I quickly made ground on the leaders, and within 4 laps I was passing some GT500 cars and gaining on the leaders. It wasn't long until I was challenging for the lead, but I noticed that the lead cars were having a terrible time trying to lap back-markers, while I was breezing past them. But as the leader broke free of the back-markers, they put in a massively fast lap (1:55.xxx), which was some 12 seconds faster than my PB. And yet, rubber-banding kicked in again and I eventually took the lead.

I was enjoying the race, even though the rubber-banding was killing the realism. But a small mistake on the penultimate lap saw me drop to 4s behind the lead, and I figured I'd had it... until, that is, the race leader pitted at the start of the final lap (for his one and only stop), albeit on 3% fuel. He emerged from the pits and was gaining until the final sector, but I held on for the win.

What was really bonkers though, was that it turned out that the race leader didn't refuel in his stop and ended up finishing in 3rd after running out of fuel on the last lap. Nor did he need to change tyres either... truly bizarre. And to cap it off, the car that had been in 4th with a PB of around 2.06.xxx pulled a storming 1:50.9xx on the last lap to finish just 9 seconds behind me.

-

Tl;dr: - JGCT simulation races are fun, but Custom Races have several issues that make it very difficult to have a realistic race if both GT500 and GT300 cars in the same race. Rubber banding is ridiculous, but it does at least give you a chance at winning, even when you purposely set up the race for you to not win...

Last edited:
Tuned the Lexus RC F GT500 for Sardegna and find it even more enjoyable to drive than the SC430 GT500. Comparable lap times between the 2. The thing handles even better than the SC430 though. So much so that I’m planning on dropping some excess aero to drop the pp to add more power back in its place with pp.

Back