What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,855 comments
On the Plus account, I golded the last 2 circuit experiences (Tokyo South Counterclockwise and Nordschliefe - the latter after turning ABS to default, ASM on and TC 1, while I usually use just weak ABS). The insulting 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr. (at least it wasn't 5,000 Cr. again). I went on a spending spree, and bought a bunch of cars worth between 500,000 Cr. and 615,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, after buying a second GR Supra Race Car for this week's WRS time trial, I survived 3 spins (2 before the rain came late on lap 5) and late rain to do a 1-stop win with the Huracan Gr.4. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 30,000 Cr. I then hit Sardegna like Bond with a stock DBR9 for a 2-stop (FM1 - 6/5/4 laps with a tire change the second stop) 48-second win. To complete the trifecta, I took the X-Bow to Tokyo. That gave me enough money to get the Ferrari F50.

After the UCD refresh, I came back to the Plus account to buy the Golf.

Last edited:
Doing my next GT Sport recreation, Stars and Stripes. My weapon of choice, the ZL-1. The SRT Viper and Charger Hellcat are the rockets, so I'm trying not to make too many mistakes.

And from a 6 Star Engine ticket, I got the GT LM Spec II V8!

Result of my half-distance recreation of Round 1 of the 1999 JGTC Championship at Suzuka.

I narrowly missed out on a win, but frankly wasn't expecting to be anywhere near a win - and probably wouldn't have been but for rubber-banding.

It was, however, ultra-realistic - I even spun it at Casio and nearly hit the Viper, which is exactly what happened in the actual race. Also, the winner of the race was the same as the real thing too.

I'm now waiting on the Skyline GT-R GT500 and the Supra GT500 to reappear in the LCD, and for the Diablo to reappear in the UCD in order to complete my grid, though I may have to pass on the McLaren F1 GTR - there was only one, and it would be nice for completeness, but it's too expensive.

-

I'd also love to see Motegi come back to Gran Turismo, though I reckon it might be asking a bit much to expect TI/Aida, Sugo, CP Mine or any other former JGTC circuit other than Motegi to appear in GT... however, if PD decided to make a DLC pack of classic JGTC liveries from the late 90's/early 00's plus a full season/roster of JGTC tracks, I'd buy it... though GT7 is already pretty damn close at delivering a proper JGTC sim experience as it stands...

Seeing that my time dropped into the silver range, I improved my time in the Skyline SS online time trial to a 1:28.740, gold and 3915th in the world. Proud of that time, given the fact that I only have a pad.

I also did the wet Tokyo WTC600 race with my tuned 90s Impreza (not the 22B, the other one) and churned out plenty of 2:08 laps towards the end. Dominant victory, 1:14 ahead of second place on “hard” difficulty.

Last edited:
Went to Spa in the Toyota TS030 detuned to 799. Dominant win on RH tyres and FM1 all the way. Rain actually showed on HUD, but when it arrived 14 minutes in, it went off. Rained until 41 minutes. The car was great on the wet tryes. Looks after them well.
Ticket of dispondency gave me 5000 credits.
Bought the Porsche 919, Toyota TS050 and the Audi R18 for Discord group final race of the season at LeMans 1 hour race. Need to trial all 3 under BoP to see which will be used.
On the new account, golded all licenses up to S. Not looking forward to those.
Completed a few cafe menu's. Again, the ticket of dispondency gave me 5000 credits. Yeah, figures don't it.

Was leading in 2 Daily Races - the GR3 in my Merc Amg - pushed off the track in each finished 2nd - wondered why there is NO effective penalty system in the game - then thought how id punish the development team at PD for their continued failures with this - it was very very painful for them lol

Went to Spa in the Toyota TS030 detuned to 799. Dominant win on RH tyres and FM1 all the way. Rain actually showed on HUD, but when it arrived 14 minutes in, it went off. Rained until 41 minutes. The car was great on the wet tryes. Looks after them well.
Ticket of dispondency gave me 5000 credits.
Bought the Porsche 919, Toyota TS050 and the Audi R18 for Discord group final race of the season at LeMans 1 hour race. Need to trial all 3 under BoP to see which will be used.
On the new account, golded all licenses up to S. Not looking forward to those.
Completed a few cafe menu's. Again, the ticket of dispondency gave me 5000 credits. Yeah, figures don't it.
Hi - did you manage to keep the hybrid charged at Spa or is it not necessary... I find with the Porsche 919 it runs down fast and it's quite noticeable when the battery goes as it leaves it with a dead spot which means it ends up being a fairly disappointing drive . It's put me off buying another hybrid Group 1 car - 1m credits is a lot to waste on a car you're not going to use!

Ran the WTC700 race at Le Mans. Lead the whole way in the Megene Trophy Group 4 car. Pitted for wets and got cocky and decided to stay out on wets on the final lap when the track was dry. Ended up cooking the tires and got passed by 5 or 6 cars before rage quitting. Probably should’ve gone into the pits (considering I won this race countless times, this one time I get cocky and decide to not pit).

Last edited:
Hi - did you manage to keep the hybrid charged at Spa or is it not necessary... I find with the Porsche 919 it runs down fast and it's quite noticeable when the battery goes as it leaves it with a dead spot which means it ends up being a fairly disappointing drive . It's put me off buying another hybrid Group 1 car - 1m credits is a lot to waste on a car you're not going to use!
I'm practicing trying to slightly brake about 50m before the braking point whilst still accelerating, to keep the battery alive. Seems to work up to a point. Maybe I just need more practice in not depleting the battery fully. Tbh it was easier when it rained as I was braking earlier. It won by 2 laps at the end, on hard setting, but the AI were all over the place in the wet.

On the Plus account, I struggled mightily at Tokyo with the X-Bow, but I eventually won and got my 4-star/10,000 Cr./lowest possible/lowest showing Wheel of Despair insult. I did buy the 180SX and Testarossa out of the UCD as they freshly became available.

On the GTP account, I was very sloppy at Tokyo with the Corvette C7, for another Bore Up S for the Mono off the 4-star Wheel of Despair (never mind that I need only 1 because the widebody isn't available).

Ran a few Daily Bs.

Race 1 didn't set a qualifier so started at the back in the Alfa. That car is a beast through the turns. On lap 3, 10th was about a tenth ahead going into the chute, he went wide and I went for the undercut. Just as I pulled on the inside I got rammed by 12th who I assume was aiming for a punt-to-pass bit failed, knocking me clean into 10th. During the first half of lap 5 something kicked off upfront as I passed 2 cars that had crashed off. Finished 8th.

Race 2 I decided to set a qualifier in the GT-R as that seems to be the meta car right now. Compared to the Alfa the GT-R feels like a boat through the corners. Started the race in 8th, stayed in 8th until the last lap where again someone upfront decided to get a little too frisky, finished 6th.

I wanted some quick money so I did the WTC 700 with the Alpine 220. I won the 1st 2 races and came in 3rd on the last race because I forgot which version of the Ring I was on so slowed down expecting a turn but surprise it was the other layout where there is no last turn right before the finish line. So I couldn't catch 1st place and the third place guy flew by me. :dunce: I got a 3* ticket and got 5k

The SuperGT 2016 Series is ready!
Ed9xC7J.png

LeMans with the BMW M6 gt3 sprint for a fine race and fine win. 4 star ticket of dispondency gave me 10000 credits.
Gilded LeMans Circuit Experience, in time for Sundays Discord group season finale, GR1/LMP1, 1 hour Endurance Race at Circuit de la Sarthe. 3 cars available to use, Toyota TS050, Audi R18 or Porsche 919. Settled on the Porsche. Hybrid system recharges quicker I think

On the GTP account, I managed to do a 1-stop race at Sardegna in a stock Viper GT3 (FM6, short-shift at 6500 on the first 8-lap stint). It wasn't particularly fast - my fast lap was 1:42.836, and it took 26:35. The 3-star marathon Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, after finding the Huracan GT3 too tail-happy, I settled on the Renault R.S.01 (not the GT3 version) at Sardegna for a slow 26:49 win on a 1-stop strategy (FM3, no special fuel saving). The 3-star Marathon Wheel of Despair gave...wait for it...wait for it...the low-showing 10,000 Cr. I bought the C2 Vette out of Hagerty's and the Sileighty out of the UCD

Was going to buy some UCD cars, but they're always in the same colour. I don't need another **** brown firebird. :(
It's been stuck in that loop since mid-May with the same exact 104 cars (including a second Fiat 500 F, which incidentally just returned to the UCD).

It's been stuck in that loop since mid-May with the same exact 104 cars (including a second Fiat 500 F, which incidentally just returned to the UCD).
Yeah, I guess the gullible part in me thought it'd change. I'm guessing this repetition is a bug yet to be fixed. There's no way I can believe that it's intentional.

Ran Daily B twice.

Race 1 was uneventful except for a racer in a black Alfa that seemed to think that Alfas superior cornering to the GT-R was validation for undercutting people and pushing them wide. I can't really complain as I started in 12th, but thanks to the Alfa assisting people off track, finished 6th.

Race 2. Pre-race lobby the Brazilian on pole, we'll call him S, decided to invite the American in 4th, to perform oral favours on the Brazilians scrotum, followed by declaring the American to be a "racist p o s" as the race began. On lap 1 at the chute, S must have been involved in some non-consensual grinding of sorts, as S was coming back onto track ghosted. S managed to get up to speed going around the toe, but decided to weave left-right-left-right on the straight to block a nice racer, V, driving a Ferrari directly infront of me. V obviously annoyed by the illegal blocking decided to assist S off of the track, unfortunately taking themselves off as well. I passed the American shortly after, facing the wrong way, as they spun out after touching grass. Went from 6th to 3rd.

On the Plus account, I overcame bad pit strategy to win the Sarthe 30-minute race in a stock X2014 Junior. It started raining on lap 2, and it looked like it would soak the track, so I came down for intermediate tires and some fuel (I could have done 5 laps on FM1). Unfortunately, the track never got wet enough to justify intermediates, so I came back down on lap 4 to put the RH tires back on, and started driving angrily. My best lap was a 4:15.2, and I passed Portilla in the Dunlop Curve on lap 7 (the final lap) to salvage a 9-second win in 31:43. The resulting and not quite insulting 4-star roulette gave a low-showing 30,000 Cr., which wasn't good enough for me to get the next 800,000-Cr. vehicle on my list (the Aston Martin DBR9) and have enough to get all the used/Hagerty's vehicles left on the list at/under 800,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I decided to see how useless the Suzuki VGT really is. I grabbed some RH, Intermediate and Wet tires, put the RH tires on to get to 635.61 PP, and set off to Sarthe for the 30-minute race. It was very useless - a fast lap of 4:25 on RH tires (FM1/2-stop strategy) in an aborted wet race sent me back to the Race Shop for RM tires.

That brought the PP up to 646.12 and the fast lap time down to 4:22 (almost no rain), but that still wasn't good enough, either on a 2-stop or 1-stop (FM3/4:26 fast lap the first 4-lap stint) because the AI could get down under 4:21. I went back to the shop one more time for RS tires, which brought the car up to 658.15 PP.

That, and a compliant AI (no, I didn't switch off the usual normal difficulty; the AI simply had pity on me) and weather (essentially dry), did the trick. The 4:23.2 lap I set on lap 2 caused me to go to a 1-stop strategy, and I made my stop on lap 3. That officially held up as the fast lap for some reason. I couldn't break 4:30 on the second stint, though the RS tires didn't really give up. Still, after 31:57, I beat the Viper to the line by 13 seconds.

Yes, the Suzuki VGT is completely worthless, especially if you're playing on hard. The only adjustments possible without further purchases are the damping ratios on the suspension and the ECU. The only things that can be bought are tires (including dirt tires :lol:), ballast, the power restrictor, the brake balancer, and the handbrake.

Just as useless was the 3-star Wheel of Despair, which gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

I finally got around to tuning my swapped Beetle. It will actually turn now. I took it to Tokyo 600 and it did well when I wasn't hitting the wall. So I left from there and took it to LeMans and realized I couldn't use the same setup so I adjusted it. I didn't finish with because I just was doing some testing. Got a 4* ticket and got a nitrous unit for GR3 Aztenza :ouch:

Did a few races around sarthe today. All 3 of them were basically dry. Which is shocking in itself. Anyway, did it with an m3, a rx8 and a alfa 8c. The Alfa was way quicker then expected, a 3:59.9 on RH/fm1 on lap 7 resulted in a comfortable win. The rx8 wasnt that much slower, wit a quickest lap of 4:02.5. bith suprised me. Now lets see which car i want to do next. Maybe f40? Finally bought the maserati and the c2 corvette from hagerty. Around 30 mil on the account for the expensive cars still coming, the 250 gto and 917. Sarthe has been my go to race now that spa rain radar isnt really working anymore.

At last won Human Comedy Autopolis with S660. Probably had glitch when on normal difficulty ai drive faster than on hard. After turning to hard and improvement a little my lap times I won by 1 minute ahead of p2. Uff. Then won Ferrari invitation and bought missing Enzo.

Last edited:
I had a good session recently, Took my VIPER '13 for a spin around Trial Mountain then did some donut imprints on the track lol. Collected the Cafe reward which was meh.

Then I did the Suzuka WTC 700 race 5 laps with the three chillis rating on it. It was very tricky to do with my SUBARU BRZ as you have to bring it so far down to under 700 cause of restrictions. I tried multiple times and just got frustarated at it and left it for a bit, best I got at the time was like 5th and a driving marathon 4-star roulette. So I picked up the gift ticket and porceeded to change the pace with some licence bashing.

I started to tackle the ZONDA-R licence, as that is the last fewm ones I needed to complete in the Super A licence. So after a few hefty tries, I beat it and got a fairly respectable time of 1:30.7secs on INTERLAGOS and was chuffed. Then I tackled the Supra Licence on Tokyo and had to rest as I felt tired.

More racing tomo or Friday. Onwards!

car GIF

Back