What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,874 comments
Ran WTC700 Le Mans race again this time with the Red Bull Junior. Got caught up in the rain and fell all the way down to last place. After pitting for wets I managed to pass the leader coming to the checkered flag since the leading AI car (the Lambo) decided to pit at the end of the race. Fun stuff surprisingly. Roulette ticket was a high lift cam shaft for the NSX ‘17.

Last edited:
It's been stuck in that loop since mid-May with the same exact 104 cars (including a second Fiat 500 F, which incidentally just returned to the UCD).
Yeah, it’s annoying. I’m still waiting for the blue Renault 5 Turbo to show up. It’s been red every time it’s come up. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Decided to swing at the Kyoto PP550 Mission. Caught up to Solis in his Alfa by lap 3, at which point he inexplicably managed to start lapping 2 seconds quicker. After 15 minutes of constantly passing Solis just for him to pass me on the straights, he punted me wide going into a turn, so I quit that one. I'll take another shot when I've actually tuned a car for it.

Ran Daily B twice.

Race 1 I managed to screw myself on the "inner loop" chicane two laps in a row by cutting too much of the inside curb. That put me within reach of the back pack. Going into turn 1 on lap 4 a pleb decided to try to late brake and undercut, which just punted me wide and off track. Initially I thought that was just bad driving, however despite me not losing any speed, pleb decided to sit on the curb and not allow me room to rejoin, so bad driving and a lack of consideration. I figure what the hell and tap pleb so they know I'd like to rejoin, instead of taking the hint pleb just pushes me further left, so I push back. This causes pleb to pit maneuver themselves.

I wasn't expecting pleb to surrender the position back and would have settled for making a race of it, but if you accidentally punt someone off track, at least allow them to rejoin.

Race 2 was quite nice. Last few laps I worked with a Canadian infront to catch the lead pack. Coming into the later half of the final lap we'd caught up. Canadian enters the final turn on the outside of the car in 6th. 6th decides to just quit steering, forcing Canadian hard into the wall. They both lose a lot of speed, allowing me to just drive on by, taking 6th.

Last edited:
Engine swapped my Tundra and did the pick up truck race around daytona 3 times for my daily ticket. Got the money maker wheel which gave me the standard 500k. I've only got 665k in the bank, but that's fine. Not much to really do with it at this stage in the game.

Last edited:
20220811_210334.jpg

Urghhh... full lap to go. 😬

Sector 1 and 4. FML.

View attachment 1182932

Sector 1 and 4. FML.
It will be truly worth it! Practice makes perfect, as they say.

Now, a little something I did today. I did the Le Mans WTC700 on EASY difficulty this time. I decided to use a maxed F-150 Raptor. Thanks to two rainstorms, I easily won the race. Otherwise, that could’ve been a close finish.

019486E5-D7AE-46DC-8742-A1136F6C8FB7.jpeg

Last edited:
My youngest got sick so I had to leave work early but i had to hang the house to pick up my other children so I decided to play GT7. Did LeMans in the Living legend on IMs and of course there was no rain.I did a 1 stop race and I had a chance when the leaders pitted on lap 6. I got to 2nd and I had a chance but my tires were gone. I crashed into the barrier on the 1st chicane and that was it. Finished in 2nd on fumes and no tires. I got a 6* ticket and got a RX7 engine

Two momentous events today:

I got all 436 cars! I had to wait the last few days for the final LCD cars that I didn't get last time around. I kinda expected a trophy for that accomplishment though . . .

And, I got load cell pedals! And man, I have to learn to drive all over again! I'm sure it'll be worth it, but so far I'm frustrated. And loving it!

Did a fair bit of driving today. Drove Sarthe with a tuned up nsx '02. Wasnt the quickest but extremely good on fuel. Contemplating to see if i can put some more money in to get it to 7500-800pp for the spa race. Did the spa race as well with a LaFerrari. Fun choice! Improved my time on the gtr time trial and did a m3 online eace at a ****** track. To round it all up i did a costum pre-70s race on Monza and laguna seca for half an hour of pure joy! Now im sipping whisky and im ready for bed!
20829752183812768.jpg

20969946609940541.jpg

20970834827942329.jpg
20970006997952374.jpg
20970147312879234.jpg

On the GTP account, I took the 800 PP-tuned 962 C to Sardegna for a nearly-lapped field no-stop (FM6, shift about 7800 rpm) win, and got something good from the resulting 6-star marathon roulette - the 2021 Toyota GR010 HYBRID. If nothing else, that's 3,000,000 Cr. I won't need to spend.

On the Plus account, I used the 800 PP-tuned Escudo to lap the field on a 1-stop strategy (FM4). The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible/lowest-showing 10,000 Cr. I bought the Super Bee as it was in the UCD, and the DBR9 as I had the cash.

Last edited:
Had an interesting race at le mans, managed to lap all 19 other cars, was definitely a first for me. Had heavy rain right after lap 2, I pitted for wets and the ai didn't until the end of lap 3, it stayed wet until the end of the race and the ai never pitted again, they all ran out of gas halfway through lap 6. Weird

Got a call from someone I hadn’t heard from in a very long time last night and thought might even be dead. Leon called and said he and Dom patched things up and were back in town. We got Leon’s car out of storage where it’s been for the last 20 years and got her all tuned and washed up and then went over to meet Dom to help him replace his apex seals for what seems like the 50th time. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the weekend has in store!
8ECDD8A8-4E42-4890-BF3B-155C635E21F4.jpeg

Ok, in all honesty I was just messing around with Scapes for the first time since whichever one of the menu books you had to use it for.

On the GTP account, I took the SLS AMG to Tokyo, and that thing is a pig. It has decent straight-line speed, but it's a handful in the corners, and it only lasts 7 laps on FM1. Still, a win (on normal) is a win, as is the usual lowest-possible/lowest-showing 5,000 Cr. on an all-cash 3-star Wheel of Despair. It was enough to pick up the Ferrari 500 Mondial. I also did some laps at this week's WRS time trial, a homage to the very first one.

On the Plus account, the FT-1 was a surprisingly easy drive around Tokyo, even though I didn't quite put enough fuel in on lap 7 and ended up coasting across the finish after running out of fuel just past pit entry. The 4-star roulette gave me a second Crown Athlete, and I bought the 2015 Audi R8 LMS to continue on my 800,000-Cr. Brand Central push.

Aaaarghhh!!

1.099 off Gold Nordschleife CE!

20220812_200704.jpg

Confident I can do it though, just over 6 and a half minutes to find 1 second for Gold should be easily achievable. I don't think the time is that tough TBH, it's more a case of nailing a clean lap - it's a fast, narrow track with a couple of tricky corners.

I dont wanna turn my console off as I dont want to lose my Ghost ha! Beat the Ghost and there's a strong chance I Gold it!

Last edited:
View attachment 1182932

Sector 1 and 4. FML.
You'll get it, just remember to pace your focus

Spent hours building muscle car liveries just so I can custom race against non standard cars.
Mind sharing them? I'm a sucker for good liveries
Did a fair bit of driving today. Drove Sarthe with a tuned up nsx '02. Wasnt the quickest but extremely good on fuel. Contemplating to see if i can put some more money in to get it to 7500-800pp for the spa race. Did the spa race as well with a LaFerrari. Fun choice! Improved my time on the gtr time trial and did a m3 online eace at a ****** track. To round it all up i did a costum pre-70s race on Monza and laguna seca for half an hour of pure joy! Now im sipping whisky and im ready for bed!
View attachment 1182986
View attachment 1182987
View attachment 1182988View attachment 1182989View attachment 1182990
Nice photos!

Had an interesting race at le mans, managed to lap all 19 other cars, was definitely a first for me. Had heavy rain right after lap 2, I pitted for wets and the ai didn't until the end of lap 3, it stayed wet until the end of the race and the ai never pitted again, they all ran out of gas halfway through lap 6. Weird
It's not a bad thing, but they do seem to get confused the moment it starts racing
Got a call from someone I hadn’t heard from in a very long time last night and thought might even be dead. Leon called and said he and Dom patched things up and were back in town. We got Leon’s car out of storage where it’s been for the last 20 years and got her all tuned and washed up and then went over to meet Dom to help him replace his apex seals for what seems like the 50th time. Can’t wait to see what the rest of the weekend has in store!
View attachment 1183169
Ok, in all honesty I was just messing around with Scapes for the first time since whichever one of the menu books you had to use it for.
Nice photo :D
On Wednesday, I had acheived gold in the S-4, S-6, S-7, and S-8 license tests. I had also acheived gold in the S-9 and S-10 tests. As a result, I had obtained the "Hard Work Pays Off" trophy.
Congrats! Hope the car reward is worth it for all gold ;)

Today I decided to take the GR4 Mustang for a spin around Alsace, that was an oddly refreshing car/track combo. Also I painted the mustang to look like a NASCAR. I really miss NASCAR in GT... anyway doing that I was able to get my daily - a 5 star ticket which gave me 100k. Not that I really needed it, but cool to have I suppose.

Last edited:
More failed attempts to Gold the Nordschleife lap attack CE - best remains a second out.

Got a 6* for my daily roulette which awarded me a Berlina Black NA2 NSX Type-R.

Wanted one, so glad to get it. Had held off buying as Champ White is the Type-R colour but I've always had hankering for a Black NSX so I never pulled the trigger on actually buying one; kinda glad the decision was made for me and saved me credits in the process. Think its 500K in Brand Central so I'll take that!

Last edited:
Had some fun in time trials today.

I took one of my three 2017 Alpine A110s (one in each color) to Interlagos to hoon around on comfort hard tires. I also tried my best to set a clean lap on the CHs and managed a 2:03 in the Alpine. I am sure I can go faster, but I felt like drifting afterward lol

In another time trial, I was in the Red Bull X2014 Standard at Le Mans on soft slicks (qualifying spec, in other words) and set a fastest time in the 2:55s. I didn’t bother to set up the car for the ultra-high-speed nature of the circuit, but I wanted to see what I could do with my current setup. I love this car a lot!

On the Plus account, I had a very wet race at Sarthe with the Red Bull X2014 Junior. It started raining hard enough on lap 2 that not only did I go to heavy wet tires, the front-running Portilla and back-marker Kokubun came down for heavy wet tires as well at the end of that lap.

That lasted until the middle of lap 4, and the track dried enough for me to put RH tires back on (and no fuel as I put in enough on lap 2) during lap 5. The AI, all of whom pitted on lap 5 except for the (still back-marking) Kokubun, mostly didn't think they needed tires, except for Haywood, who put RS tires on, Portilla, who put a second set of heavy wet tires on, and a few back-markers, who put on mostly RS tires.

Those who didn't take tires on lap 5, as well as Portilla, came down on lap 6 for RS tires, or at least tried to, and the back half of the field, both those who didn't take tires and those who did on lap 5, ended there. Haywood took over second, while Hizal was the third and last car to take racing tires, RMs in his case, on lap 6 to make it to 7 laps. Blazsan, who made it to the line in pit lane just before the clock ran out, took a second set of IMs to secure 10th and 7 laps. I took first in 33:09 by 48 seconds over Haywood, who finished 12 seconds ahead of Portilla. McEwen overcame his tire miscue to take 4th from Hizal.

As it is the weekend, I decided to do the triple grind. I took the 2015 Audi R8 LMS to Sardegna, where, despite crashing twice because the car is EVIL loose (on laps 9 and 10), and consequently deciding to take tires on the 2nd stop, I squeaked out a 15-second win, mostly because Mendoza pitted on lap 14 for a splash of fuel.

I finished off the trifecta with the R32 at Tokyo and a no-stop strategy. After a game crash while collecting the cash (I did get all the credits, both Cr. and mileage, though), the 3-star workout roulette gave the low-cash-showing/2nd-highest possible 100,000 Cr. I used the proceeds to buy the two Honda GT500 cars and the Lexus SC430 GT500.

On the GTP account, I took the Viper Gr.4 to Sarthe for a dry formulatic 1-stop (FM3) win. I then grabbed the Viper GT3 and went to Sardegna. I had a 1-stop race set up (FM6, short-shift a bit on the 8-lap stint), but the stock tires were giving up too quickly. Still, I managed a win after "inadvertently" blocking Beauvois coming out of the pits the second time to start lap 14.

I finished the Viper trifecta with the 2013 GTS at Tokyo. I did a no-stop strategy on FM6, and had so much fuel left, I cranked it up to 1 coming onto the frontstretch on lap 11, and almost set the fastest lap of the race on somewhat-worn tires. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave me the lowest-possible/lowest-showing 10,000 Cr., leaving me well short of the cheapest Hagerty's car I don't already have, the Ford Mark IV.

Played FH5 all day for some arcade fun. Need about 8 million for the McLaren f1 ive seen at hagertys. 10 le mans races should do the trick. Will start tomorrow

Went to Spa to check out the glitched weather, and it is indeed glitched. Whenever it starts to rain, it instantly stops. There was not one part of the race where I had to switch to Wets.

Back