What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,630 comments
As I did my mileage yesterday before the clock change, today marks the "skip" day for the Wheels of Despair (and hopefully not tomorrow). On the GTP account, I first submitted my time for the week-old WRS time trial, then bought a Red Bull Junior for this week's WRS time trial at Red Bull Ring. I put in enough mileage for the Wheel of Despair, but, as expected, I didn't get it.

For my cash, I took the Cayman street car to Tokyo. It took a few tries, and on the successful one, I had a stuck brake coming out of the pits to start lap 9 (the DualSense L2 button was wedged partway on), but thanks to Gallo pitting a third time on lap 11, a 27:56 run barely worked for 1st.

On the Plus account, I proved to myself that I don't need the aero on the Corvette C7 at Tokyo, taking the win in an unmodified car in 27:52. I'm a bit short of being able to buy the Zonda while reserving enough cash for the Hagerty's cars that are cheaper.

We'll see if my plan to avoid a 2-day shutout of the Wheels of Despair worked tomorrow.
I did that as well,mileage before the time change,missed monday but i did get a ticket for Tuesday(3 star-5k),so you should too.

Last edited:
upload the second edition of a cool thing, the 1 lap magic online!
After remastering the Mission 34 from GT4, we choosen to do Porsche one, and 3 month later (yes.) it's finally here! pretty happy of it.

Did sardegna in a detuned XJR-9 and purchased the 787B, now i'm saving up for the MKIV and a P4 when it returns as I plan on doing a custom race version of the 24 hours Le Mans in cars from different decades albeit probably 30 mins-2hrs as there's no way i'm doing a whole 24 hours lol

I tried something new today. I modified my racing/tv stand I made so I could move the TV left and right and also 2mm away from my wheel base. Then I started racing with the cockpit view where the wheel isn't centered and it's pretty cool! Much more immersive. I also started racing with no hud and just rely on the cars gauges for info and sim dashboard on my phone only for laps and time remaining in a race. It adds a bit more to the game for me and looks really nice with no hud. It really clicked for me when I couldn't see the gauges because it was getting dark and the orange glow came on while I was looking at them.

My only gripe is there should be an option to remove the wheel as that would make it just so much better immersion wise. Another thing is if you have to pit with no hud you won't be able to see the pit options only the cursor. So you either have to have it memorized or you have to pause BEFORE you pit and change to display all info.

On the Plus account, I survived a late 0.5-second penalty when I undercut Haywood at Indianapolis for the lead on lap 7 (which turned into 1.0 seconds at the line as it happened too late to serve on-track) to barely win at Sarthe with the Peugeot RCZ Gr.4. It's a good thing that RCZ can last 4 laps on fuel and (barely) on tires, and that it was essentially a dry race.

The 4-star marathon roulette returned with something better than usual, at least once we can start selling cars - a Mazda Atenza Gr.4 (never mind I already bought it). I had enough cash to buy the Pagani Zonda R. Another 17,600,000 Cr. and I'll have all the non-Hagerty's cars on this account (pending the November update, of course).

On the GTP account, I spun twice on a still-wet track on lap 7 in the Cayman Clubsport, but still won easily. The 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. Welcome back darkness, my old friend.

Took a sick day from work so thought I'd get a day of gaming in.

Wife left for work so had a go at Daily Race B. Started ok, was doing well until I went over the curb a bit too much on the first chicane on the last lap and lost so much time.

Took the Ford Mark IV for a go at Le Mans 30 minutes. What a machine. Fuel map 6 and was easy to get into first.

About halfway through the race though the wife called me to say she was on her way home so there went the rest of the day. Might get another race in later when she takes our youngest child to her dance lessons.

Last edited:
Last night I logged on and bought the Ford Mark IV before it went out of stock, then ticked off a bunch of boxes which I've been procrastinating from ticking off for a while.

First box was to finish (and hopefully gold) the final test on Super license. I had really struggled with this a while back and resorted to all the assists I could manage the courage to use, but couldn't complete a lap! So I thought this time I'll put countersteer assist on Strong and TCS on 1, and give it a go. It was instantly easier than I remember it being last time! And it took me a few attempts but once I finally managed to complete a full lap, it was a gold time, and third on my ranking board! Very happy with that! Collected the prize cars (of which I had recently bought the r8 LMS '19 anyway!) and headed over to the Missions...

I had been meaning to get around to finishing off the Gone With The Wind missions, as I only had the Ferrari hot lap and the Gr.3 race at High Speed to get stuck into and hopefully get gold on. I jumped into the Ferrari first, and managed to royally ruin my first attempt - heading into Parabolica and sneaking into the lead, only to run deep and out of bounds! Next attempt I got over-ambitious at the first chicane and ended in the barriers. Then third time lucky I nailed it with relative ease. So off to High Speed Ring and I opted to go for the BRZ GT300 - slapped on a set of RH tyres and bought the IM and W tyres just in case. 5 laps in at fuel-save pace and I could see the rain coming, 32s from the lead in 11th place, and chucked on the IM's and fuelled up. 5 laps later and the rain was really coming down, but I ducked into the pits two corners after taking the lead - topped up and regained the lead within 3 laps, and from there just extended until I won by over 1 minute. Gone With The Wind completed all gold and claimed the Viper Gr.4 (already bought one...) and the F1500T-A.

After that, I needed to recoup some of the expense of buying that Ford and decided to head over to St Croix for some circuit experience, knowing I want to buy the Corvette and Alfa TZ3 both in the LCD, plus the 550 coming in the next week or so. I'm not good at St Croix, but I really wanted to make sure I get my head around the circuit and the Gr.1 level of grip, because I'm stuck on the Gr.1 menu book and need to get that race done! I managed to gold all the individual sectors without too much of a problem, sector 2 being the only one I really struggled to get the hang of for a while. But the full lap took me a LONG time. I think I had done about 180km in the Bugatti VGT by the end of the session! But, once I finally managed to complete an entire lap, I had managed to clinch a gold time!! So, I pocketed the 1,260,000 credits, headed to Brand Central and bought the Bugatti Gr.4, and switched off.

I'll take a break tonight, but back on tomorrow to finish up a livery for the current LEC...

I recommend the LM55 VGT GR1 if You have it
I do not, currently. I have the Alpine VGT, Audi R18, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP, Peugeot L750R, Porsche 962 C, and I have that Red Bull X2019 if that one counts?? I don't have many Gr.1 cars...

I tried the L750R previously and I think I finished 7th. But need more circuit practice, it was super messy at the time!

I do not, currently. I have the Alpine VGT, Audi R18, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP, Peugeot L750R, Porsche 962 C, and I have that Red Bull X2019 if that one counts?? I don't have many Gr.1 cars...

I tried the L750R previously and I think I finished 7th. But need more circuit practice, it was super messy at the time!
The Red Bulls count, as long as you get them under 950 PP. The Gr.1 designation is only a suggestion.

The LM55 VGT Gr.1 really is the go-to car for both the Gr.1 and the VGT menu books. I should really see if it's now possible to win at St. Croix with a maxed-out 962 C on normal; I resorted to cheesing it on easy on the GTP account after getting killed on hard and getting 3rd on normal when the race first became available.

Just wasted times at lobbies....as usual. No one joins, and if someone do, he will quit after some minutes.....then the emptiness again for minutes and minutes....

The Red Bulls count, as long as you get them under 950 PP. The Gr.1 designation is only a suggestion.

The LM55 VGT Gr.1 really is the go-to car for both the Gr.1 and the VGT menu books. I should really see if it's now possible to win at St. Croix with a maxed-out 962 C on normal; I resorted to cheesing it on easy on the GTP account after getting killed on hard and getting 3rd on normal when the race first became available.
The VGT menu book was easy with the L750R. But then that was on circuits I can get along with. St Croix is not my hunting ground.

The VGT menu book was easy with the L750R. But then that was on circuits I can get along with. St Croix is not my hunting ground.
That layout of St. Croix is not my favorite track either. As I said, I needed easy mode to win with the 962 C back in the day, while I was able to get a relatively-easy win on normal with the Mazda LM55 Gr.1 (though it took weather strategy at Suzuka). Surprisingly, the 962 C was an easy win at Suzuka, while a repurposed Tomahawk S cheesed Daytona (somewhere well north of 200 mph in the tri-oval will do that).

I tried something new today. I modified my racing/tv stand I made so I could move the TV left and right and also 2mm away from my wheel base. Then I started racing with the cockpit view where the wheel isn't centered and it's pretty cool! Much more immersive. I also started racing with no hud and just rely on the cars gauges for info and sim dashboard on my phone only for laps and time remaining in a race. It adds a bit more to the game for me and looks really nice with no hud. It really clicked for me when I couldn't see the gauges because it was getting dark and the orange glow came on while I was looking at them.

My only gripe is there should be an option to remove the wheel as that would make it just so much better immersion wise. Another thing is if you have to pit with no hud you won't be able to see the pit options only the cursor. So you either have to have it memorized or you have to pause BEFORE you pit and change to display all info.
What sim dashboard do you use? I agree about immersion but I do want some of the information particularly fuel mapping, tc and those menus that demand full hud. I use an oled so dont like hud for that reason either.

I am currently doing the endurance races.

Drove the GTR Nismo-swapped Lancia Delta Integrale and the Ford GT LM Spec II-swapped Focus RS. Both are very exciting (terrifying) cars. I'm thinking about tuning them for hillclimb/short tracks. Or even rally, screw it.

Hey guys, I officially started gt7 OCtober 30th, I fot my own copy (the ps4 launch edition). So I am on day #6, got every license, and my collector's level is 12. I am currently on Menu Book 7 I think. If you want to view my progress, look up rising_glass1 on Kudosprime. So when does sport mode, the liveries/scapes and the missions unlock? I have just unlocked Brand central a couple days ago.

Hey guys, I officially started gt7 OCtober 30th, I fot my own copy (the ps4 launch edition). So I am on day #6, got every license, and my collector's level is 12. I am currently on Menu Book 7 I think. If you want to view my progress, look up rising_glass1 on Kudosprime. So when does sport mode, the liveries/scapes and the missions unlock? I have just unlocked Brand central a couple days ago.
Check out this news article. It's a great run down of how to unlock everything.

Did sardegna and sarthe for some money. Then did some fun races. Drove an old Ferrari around the ring, a porsche at Catalunya and a Jaaaaaag around the Red Bull circuit. Good day. Ticket was useless as always. Some crankshaft for a car i dont have and deffo dont want (RX vision)

Spun the wheel of pain, got 250k for once. Not bad.
Also put together two kei car liveries today, really wish the Suzuki Alto and Daihatsu Mira were in the game
FhKoyynXkAI2vJ-

It was Sardegna day, and I didn't feel like fooling around. I took my RH-equipped 2008 NSX GT500 out on the GTP account to club some baby seals...er...collect 727,500 Cr. The all-cash 3-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr., which leaves only the 6 most-expensive cars out of reach.

On the Plus account, I took the Pagani Zonda R I bought yesterday to Sardegna. It drives a bit like a barge, but it is a very quick barge, even at the FM 4 required to make the fuel last 5 laps. I turned a fast lap of 1:38.3, but since it requires 2 stops, it took a bit longer than the NSX GT500. The all-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the 2nd-low-showing (and lowest-legal) 30,000 Cr.

Was fooling around trying out my first custom race. Ran a 5-lapper at Sardegna and a 5-lapper et LeMans with a 15-car grid, using Gr.1 cars. It was fun using my 787B at full song. I'll be tweaking the cars and race parameters a bit tomorrow.

The 4-star wheel dropped an LT5 engine.

Drove the GTR Nismo-swapped Lancia Delta Integrale and the Ford GT LM Spec II-swapped Focus RS. Both are very exciting (terrifying) cars. I'm thinking about tuning them for hillclimb/short tracks. Or even rally, screw it.
That Focus RS makes a nice rally car, especially for the Catalunya rallycross event.

What sim dashboard do you use? I agree about immersion but I do want some of the information particularly fuel mapping, tc and those menus that demand full hud. I use an oled so dont like hud for that reason either.

I am currently doing the endurance races.
Hey there. The app is called "Sim Dashboard" for Android. You can use 2 widgets (items) for free but have to pay for more widgets. I'm not sure if they have those functions anyways. I just pause it and change my display settings and change fuel map then change back if I have too. Takes like 3 seconds. I never use TCS and don't need radar and usually change my fuel map once or I plan to change it at the end of the race and forget. But really though I don't care about being competitive at this point I have to handicap my car so much to make an enjoyable race with the "ai". In sport mode I race full hud in hood.

After months of getting better and avoiding online play, gave it a shot last night and all 3 times of race B went the same way, start at P6, move up to P3 or P4 in the first turn carnage, then maintain with the top 3, then either choke and accelerate with too much tire on grass and spin on turn exit, or take them all perfectly and watch as 4th gains on me on the last lap straight and punts me on the chicane.

Tried again this morning, no issues choking and spinning, but the lack of clean drivers makes it an unenjoyable experience. Still maintaining my SR: S, but ain’t gonna manage moving up my DR: D anytime soon

I both hate this game, and love driving in it. Love wins over all when cars are involved

Last edited:
I build my credits to 10m for whenever the mclaren F1 shows up and i lost the first race in the try to get that 6 star ticket from the extra cafe menu.

And i drove my p1 gtr alot.👌

Back