What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,818 comments
So,thanks to hurricane Fiona i couldn't play GT 7 for 37 days,lost power for 10 days ,then waited a week to get hooked up to the main grid for TV/internet,nope,there's a problem.
Had to switch to a new ISP,that took a couple more weeks,it was hell!
I finally got into GT 7 last night,did the new content,opened 7 tickets,500k x 2,2 parts,2 engines and 1 car,nice haul.
Got a Suzuki Swift KATANA edition Gr 4 as a birthday gift.
Ran menu book 46 with Mustang Boss 429 '69,what a blast at Goodwood,pure joy!
Glad to be back!:cheers:

I got a clean P1 at the WTC 800 round at Catalunya, got a five-star ticket, and that netted me an Aston Martin invitation. Even though I already had the Vulcan, I did not have the One-77, so I bought one - especially since I think I have a Stage 5 Weight Reduction for it.

Spend some time online. Got gold on the time trail, then a few daily B alfa group races. Naturally woth an Alfa. Ive become an A driver last week so i'm not (yet) very competitve for the win, but some fun races and always in top 10. The did some daily A in a tuned up powered down TVR. Deffo fun, and a couple of podiums bagged, though no win.

Then the next mission. I finally got ACC, so i started a career mode. Damn that game is good! So much better driving physics then gt7, almost night and day. Plus real pit stops, a killer in car sound (like different brake sounds when hot vs cold brakes) and a host of other options to make life harder and more difficult. GT7 looks better yes, but the driving in ACC is insanely satisfying

Well once again, while waiting for my invite to purchase the Enzo, keeping my bank btwn. 2 to 3 mil. grinding at Trial Mountain in the 5 lap hyper-car parade, I got impatient & decided to do a tribute purchase.. yup, a tribute purchase for my fav. GT4 car, the '00 RUF RGT..

RUF- GT4 - 00.jpg

.. SO, here's my updated '22' version.. still the same dawg (kind of.. note the fixed wing on the 00 .. above.. vs. the retractible on the 07) but definetly of the same beef.. yeah, I loved that car back then, and am glad to have 2 of them now in the stable..

Tribute to the 00- the 07 in Gulfblau..

RUF-OG-00.jpg

The one that I got some time back that got me thinking.. the 07 in Schwartz-

RUF- GT4 - 07a.jpg

Absolutely LOVE these autos.. If you don't have one, think again..

NW.

Last edited:
I turned it on, looked at the daily races for this week and realised none appealed to me,then after 5 minutes of flicking around the menus I've realised I have nothing to do which I haven't done already and turned it off :(

On the Plus account, I struggled mightily to make the Veyron Gr.4 work at Sarthe. I finally settled on a split FM 1-stop strategy (FM 3 the first stint, FM 1 on a fresh set of tires the second stint). The 4-star Wheel of Despair was back to its stingy self, giving me the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I needed two sub-4:20 laps and an emergency 1-stop strategy (switched from FM 1 to FM 4 on lap 4, then back to FM 1) to bring home the GR Supra Race Car in first. No, I didn't switch to hard.

The 3-star Wheel fof Despair gave the lowest-possible 5,000 Cr. I did buy a bunch of S14s for engine purposes, even though I don't have enough engines for all of them, and widened 2 of the 4.

Took my 700PP '09 ZR1 to Le Mans and it's a thirsty car... managed to win though, but it was painful. Love the car, but not the best track for it...

Got cheated from another million spin, 10k this time.

Worked on getting Gold in a few S-class license test, completed S-1, S-3 and S-5 and then gave up and ate dinner.
I burn out easy when doing these tests lol

Mega grinding for my last 20 million needed for all 3 20 million cr cars I need left too get at Hagerty's, just 2.5million too go and I'm not going near Tokyo for a while :) .

On the Plus account, I took the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II I bought the other day to Sardegna. It is very fast (fastest lap under 1:40), but also very thirsty. I could have done a 2-stop/2-tire change race had I used FM 2, but instead, I did a 3-stop/1-tire change race.

The no-cash 4-star wheel of Despair gave something even more useless than usual - a semi-racing muffler. Still, I had enough to get the 400th unique car on that account (403rd, really, but the Dior Mangusta, the pre-order Mazda and the 25th-anniversary Yaris don't count), the 2013 Porsche 918 Spyder. I have only 46 cars to go (7 Brand Central, 39 Hagerty's)...at a current cost of 303,350,000 Cr.

On the GTP account, I used the Aston Martin DBR9 to grind Sardegna. The 3-star Wheel of Despair was better than today's 4-star on the Plus account, but not by much, as it gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr. prize.

Ran Sardegna today. Re-tuned the 787B using Mistah MCA’s tune. I also used the same tune for the XJR-9. I’ll have to tinker with the gears a little bit to match the track, but otherwise it’s excellent. That 5-speed trans is it’s limiting factor.

Got a 5-star ticket that spit out another invite for a Veryon.

Last edited:
Retuned the CLK for Sardegna, running one race there. Bought the Ford MK IV and ran LeMans once. Excellent car.

The wheel coughed up an Audi TT street car.

Bought the Ferrari GTO 84.

Started trying to do the Tokyo Expressway circuit experiences. Got all gold for all sectors on the first one, but couldn't beat get it on the full lap.

Did get all gold on Goodwood and Brands Hatch though.

Got a Mazda RX Vision GT3 from my daily roulette (already had one though).

On the GTP account, after accounting for the reversion of the UCD to the 11/3 mileages/prices, I took the Citroen GT road car to Tokyo for the grind. Depsite the no-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair upchucking a Bugatti invite, I almost have enough for the cheapest of the 8-figure Hagerty's cars...if it shows up before the price increases at the end of the month.

On the Plus account, after buying the Porsche Speedster, I used the Aston Martin DB11 at Tokyo to great effect. The 4-star Wheel of Despair dispensed the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. I just can't wait to not get these awesome prizes Sunday and Monday as Daylight Saving ends in my neck of the woods.

View attachment 1205377

Absolutely LOVE these autos.. If you don't have one, think again..

NW.
When I was running fully tuned builds for the Hyper Car Parade, I did a couple test runs in this Ruff. Absolutely loved it stock and tuned. Its balance reminded me of an NSX-R. So I made a tribute livery.

1667616140301.png

But my favorite shade for the car is Brave Blue Mica from Mazda.

1667616206392.png

On the Plus account, I took the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II I bought the other day to Sardegna. It is very fast (fastest lap under 1:40), but also very thirsty. I could have done a 2-stop/2-tire change race had I used FM 2, but instead, I did a 3-stop/1-tire change race.
I was curious about running the Ford GT LM Spec II at Sardegna again after all the laps I had put in at the Nurb GP TT this week. I gave this combo a shot... LOL, torque!

I ran a 2-stop strategy on FM4 the whole way. The tires proved no match for the deadly combo of high-end supercharger and my graceless lead foot(thumb).

Had some time today. Ran LeMans with the 787B and the Mark IV. I also ran Sardegna with the R92CP. Won it, but not a pleasure to drive.

Ran RBR a few times with the 787B.

Ran the 1-hr at Spa with the 787B. I forgot how goofy the pit entrance is. Got caught out in a downpour,(on RH) about 1/4 of the way into the 7th lap. I had a good size lead so it didn’t matter.

The 787B is an incredible car. Rain or shine.

The wheel dropped 500k.

Last edited:
Tried the Nurburgring Nordschleife CE.

Got bronze on most sectors including a couple of silvers, could not finish a full lap though.

Le Mans 30mins. After trying for months I finally managed to get in an 8th lap, and boy was it close.

Attachments

• 1844b30ec5b22-screenshotUrl.jpg
    1844b30ec5b22-screenshotUrl.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 9
Yesterday, on the Plus account, I used the Hyundai Genesis Gr.4 to grind an odd-weather Sarthe. It started raining at the very end of lap 2, when I came down for intermediates, and rained almost through lap 3, getting the water meter almost 2/3rds full. Despite this, only a few drivers, and only Haywood among the faster drivers, took intermediates at the end of lap 3. The track dried enough for me to come back down for RH tires on lap 4, with the AI drivers following suit for RS tires a lap later. Haywood almost got back to 2nd, though that battle was 26 seconds behind me, as I finished 7 laps in 32:49.

For a change, I didn't get a 3-star or 4-star Wheel of Despair. Instead, I got a BRZ Drift Car engine off an engine ticket. As I have 3 Nissan Silvia Q's, one of them got the engine.

On the GTP account, I used the Swift Sport Gr.4 last seen in a WRS time trial. It is plenty quick - I had a 4:18 flat fast lap, and it does last 3 laps on fuel, but it is far more sensitive to wet tracks than the rear- and 4-wheel drive cars, as I proved when I had a bit of an off at Indianapolis on a damp lap 3. Still, a win is a win.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair was worse than its usual stingy self, spewing out a height-adjustable sports suspension. Still, I'm ready for the McLaren F1 longtail...as long as it doesn't go up in price.

As it's the end of Daylight Saving time this morning (at 2 am CDT/1 am CST), instead of going off to sleep, I put in some time in this week's WRS time trial waiting for the clock to hit midnight.

With the calendar flipping to Sunday, it was time for Sardegna. On the GTP account, I used the BRZ GT300 for an easy win. I didn't even need to change the tires until the second stop.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. Even with that pittance, I now have enough for either of the F1 GTRs, at least at the current prices.

On the Plus account, I used the RCZ Gr.3 on a 1-tire-change 6/5/4 strategy, and a bit of luck in running Ordonez low on fuel on lap 14, to get my credits. The last marathon roulette I'm expecting until at least Tuesday was a cashless 5-star, yielding an Audi R8 engine.

Last edited:
Got a few more gold Circuit Experiences.

Spa
St Croix
Le Mans
Mount Panorama
Kyoto - Miyabi
Maggiore

And got bronze on Nürburgring Nordschleife

Edit: my Bathurst lap. Couple of errors but getting through the top of the mountain was a mission for me.

Last edited:
Had 512 cars in my garage. Culled duplicates from dome of my race series and bought fresh cars instead of new body & new engine restorations. Down to one car from each brand again, for a total of 350. Not trying to collect everything.

Ran a 2JZ BRZ on Le Mans and it's a strong car on speed, but it doesn't have the best fuel efficiency.

And unfortunately, I got hit with the Daylight Savings Ticket bug :(

Ran Sardegna with my retuned CLK and retuned Pink Pig RSR. Ran Le Mans with the Mark IV and the 787B.

I bought two 787B’s and two Sauber C9’s. I’m amassing some cars to try my hand at Custom Races.

No wheel today.

As I did my mileage yesterday before the clock change, today marks the "skip" day for the Wheels of Despair (and hopefully not tomorrow). On the GTP account, I first submitted my time for the week-old WRS time trial, then bought a Red Bull Junior for this week's WRS time trial at Red Bull Ring. I put in enough mileage for the Wheel of Despair, but, as expected, I didn't get it.

For my cash, I took the Cayman street car to Tokyo. It took a few tries, and on the successful one, I had a stuck brake coming out of the pits to start lap 9 (the DualSense L2 button was wedged partway on), but thanks to Gallo pitting a third time on lap 11, a 27:56 run barely worked for 1st.

On the Plus account, I proved to myself that I don't need the aero on the Corvette C7 at Tokyo, taking the win in an unmodified car in 27:52. I'm a bit short of being able to buy the Zonda while reserving enough cash for the Hagerty's cars that are cheaper.

We'll see if my plan to avoid a 2-day shutout of the Wheels of Despair worked tomorrow.

Back