What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,902 comments
Did a 6:43 lap in the Porsche GT3 RS, beating the new (Real World) GT3 lap time from the other week by a few seconds 😎
I had a massive moment in Pflanzgarten 2 and nearly died 😂....but managed to save it.

Hmmmm.. well let's see, perhaps not today, but as of late while still waiting for an invite to purchase my prize Enzo, I saved up a couple bucks and purchased..

The '88 Porsche 962
88-Porsche-962-01.jpg

& then won..

The Toyota SF19..

Toyota-SF19-00.jpg

So much more I could say.. but won't.. for now.. LoL.. except I love this F'n game.. the options cease to amaze me!

Yup, more BB's for the stable!

NW.

Last edited:
On the GTP account, I improved my online time trial time by 2 seconds to get safely back into bronze territory (unless @Doodle has a sub-1:10 lap in him yet tonight). I then proved both the engine-swapped/tuned 300ZX used in the Historic Sportscar Masters and the engine-swapped/tuned S15 used in Silvia Sisters too slow for the Tokyo grind. On a lark, I tried the GT-R Safety Car as it was still under 600 PP. It's still squirrelly, but fast - I had a 2:10.5 fast lap with it. I just wish I could turn off those blinking lights.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. as usual, leaving me 3.25 million Cr. short of buying the McLaren Longtail, the only current Hagerty's car I don't have.

On the Plus account, I decided to make it a safety car day at Tokyo, using the AMG safety car. It's not as fast as the GT-R, with a fast lap of 2:12.5, and it needs tires on its pit stop, but it lasts 8 laps on fuel compared to the GT-R's 6.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair didn't even give cash (10,000-Cr. and 30,000-Cr. options were available), but the 5th Porsche invite overall and the 3rd since the wheel odds changed with the 1.17 version, which extended an existing invite.

Last edited:
Did another Gr 1 Enduro at Fuji. Got a good 4-Star from it, 500k! Only 200k more and I'll reach my minimum Credit range (5 mil).

Yesterday only ran 1 race, K20 Integra in WTC 700 and I think I tune it the wrong way, really not enjoyable. 3 star ticket gave me a measly 10,000, then I turn the game off. Been planning on to grind until the credit limit (just 13 mil more) but wasn't in the mood yesterday, hopefully today is different.

Last night was an Aston Martin night. I took my V12 Vantage GT3 over to Sardegna and managed an easy win on a fuel saving strategy. With the credits from that, I bought a DB11 and a V8 Vantage S. I took the DB11 to GT Auto and gave it some wheels, custom parts, and painted it a candy metallic pink/purple with black roof/arches. I took it to Tokyo to build some cash and recover from the money spent on it, but only managed 4th.

During the tuning process, I realised I'd bought a colour combo which gives you a blue/white two-tone interior, something which clashes with the exterior colour scheme I wanted to go with, in a really bad way! I wish they showed you some interior shots in Brand Central, because there's 35 colours for the DB11 and a handful of interior colour combos but they don't show those until you buy it (or you get up close and personal with the screen and look closely). So I'll be buying another one with the interior colours I want!

I then went back to Tokyo and did some time trial tuning to extract some lap speed out of the thing. I found that removing the rear wing, removing the rear downforce, and dropping the front downforce to drop the PP back down, I was able to improve my lap time by nearly 2 secs!

So I'll definitely be taking it back to Tokyo for another blast tonight, maybe in a different colour combo this time...

On the Plus account, I decided to do something a little different at Sarthe, detune the lower-PP Gr.3 machines. First up was the Volkswagen VGT Gr.3, which only needed 2% taken off the ECU to get under 700 PP. I had to short-shift at 6500 rpm to make the 55 liters of fuel last 3 laps, though even in doing so, I set a fast lap of 4:08.9 on lap 2. I stupidly didn't take intermediate tires on lap 2, and thus I had a major spin on lap 3 in the Corvette Curves that cost me a 15-second lead. I corrected that oversight, unlike my competition, and cruised to a wet 2-stop win (it rained on-and-off between laps 3 and 6).

The all-car 4-star marathon roulette gave me another Viper GT3, tied for the second-most-expensive car on the wheel behind the Subaru drift car. Of course, I already had all 5 cars, and we still can't sell any, so it doesn't really matter, but it's better than a worthless invite or a common part for which a better version can be bought.

On the GTP account, I did the same treatment to the RCZ Gr.3, knocking the ECU down to 89%, and it was slower on a mostly-dry track, though it easily made 3 laps on fuel. The fast lap was the 7th and last, at 4:12.1.

The 5-star Wheel of Despair gave the lowest-possible 100,000 Cr., still leaving me well short of having enough credits to get the McLaren longtail, which should be departing Hagerty's today. However, it's likely the Mazda 787B will show up, and I need that car.

First up was the Volkswagen VGT Gr.3, which only needed 2% taken off the ECU to get under 700 PP. I had to short-shift at 6500 rpm to make the 55 liters of fuel last 3 laps, though even in doing so, I set a fast lap of 4:08.9 on lap 2. I stupidly didn't take intermediate tires on lap 2, and thus I had a major spin on lap 3 in the Corvette Curves that cost me a 15-second lead. I corrected that oversight, unlike my competition, and cruised to a wet 2-stop win (it rained on-and-off between laps 3 and 6).
Nice!

NW.

Last edited:
Last night I hopped on a little earlier than my usual 10pm and made a start on getting a livery finished for my 20-car all-Honda JTCC/JGTC custom race series featuring Honda road cars dressed up as JTCC and JGTC cars from 1985 to 2005. It was the last of 20 I needed to do (although I need to redo one from scratch after finding a better pic of the Kool '97 Accord and realising a feature of the livery I made was completely wrong!) so I saved it, hopped into my Mugen X Dome Civic Type R '20 - livery from the Mugen X Dome NSX '02 from JGTC - and started the first of my 15-race series. Even with all cars on 230hp / 1250kg and my car reduced to 185hp, I won the first race easily, second race was more of a battle to win in the final chicane, and the final race I placed second, on the tail of the winning Civic.

After that, being just before midnight, I thought I might as well jump into a Gr.3 car and run a Sardegna race to click over into Friday and collect my daily mileage ticket. I opted for the Mercedes SLS GT3 on a 1-stop strat, and had some great battles with Portilla in the Viper, holding him off for 2 laps before finally letting him past in the middle of the race. That little battle helped immensely at the end, where he emerged out of the pits 6s behind me with 3 laps to go, but I dialled the FM down and pulled ahead, winning by just over 8s.

From my winnings, I headed over to Hagerty's and purchased the Mercedes SEL AMG, plus four Gordinis (for another custom race series I'm going to do).

And today I'm having a break from GT, probably won't be back until Sunday evening...

Last edited:
Ran one at LeMans with the A220 and one at Sardegna with the XJR-9.

I'm trying to find a way to tune out that massive understeer. Any ideas would be appreciated.

On the GTP account, I collected the bronze money from the old online time trial, then beat the rented 911 RSR like a mule around the Nurburgring GP circuit to the tune of 1:59.8, which is currently almost good enough for silver.

After that, I took the same RCZ Gr.3 to Sardegna, taking the power back up to 100%. I used a 1-stop strategy to get a very-close win in 27:11. For the first almost-5 laps, I had the fuel map set to 4, which I then turned to 3 after taking the last left-hander. I came down for a full load of fuel and tires on lap 8, keeping the map at 3. I passed Portilla as he came out of the pits for a third time to start lap 13, and took the fuel map up to 2 after taking the last left-hander that lap. I had enough fuel to give it the full beans as I crossed the S2 checkpoint for the last time, and held off Portilla by 0.7 seconds.

The manager of the Wheels of Despair wasn't impressed, giving me a full-custom suspension for the GranTurismo S off a 4-star ticket. Still, it could have been worse; it could have been the height-adjustable suspension or the semi-racing muffler. On a related note, courtesy of the Wheels, I now have the full-custom suspension, full-custom computer, high-lift camshaft (the standard one, unfortunately), and the stage 5 weight reduction for the GranTurismo S, but not the car itself.

On the Plus account, I took the 911 RSR to Sardegna for an easier 1-tire-change 6-lap/5-lap/4-lap win in 27:10. I could have used tires on the second stop as the drop-off in times on the last 4 laps, especially the last 2, was roughly equal to what I would have lost with a tire change.

The 3-star Wheel of Despair disappointed as usual, giving the low-showing 10,000 Cr. I'm still about 2.5 million Cr. away from being able to buy the next Brand Central car while also having enough for the Hagerty's cars that are cheaper than that.

Edit - I almost forgot to get the Porsche 962 C on the Plus account before it sold out. As both the Mazda 787B and the Plymouth Superbird came back into Hagerty's, I bought a 787B and 4 Superbirds on the GTP account, put Hellcat engines in the Birds, and widened 2 of them.

Last edited:
Had a crack at the new online time trial. Got Bronze, don't plan on trying to get higher.

Got gold on Trial Mountain and Daytona Circuit Experiences (haven't tried any of the CEs since I got my wheel).

One Daily Race B. Nothing like being a C driver and getting in a race full of A+, A and B drivers.

Bought the remaining Gr. 3 cars that I didn't have yet.

-Did the one remaining race I had for the latest Bonus Menu at Spa-Francorchamps. Got the four-star ticket reward - and I got the engine from the C7 ZR1!

-Then, I did some more laps at the Nurburgring GP for the current online time trial. I think silver will be my likely reward for this one, which is still great, since I've yet to settle for a bronze on any time trial. I think I have seven silvers and two golds, so far.

-I also filled out some Extra Menus. Bought myself the Porsche 918, so now I just have the 550 Spyder left for the Mid-Engined Porsche menu. I also bought all three 2016 GT500 racers, and while I did end up getting the C6 ZR1 engine, I was very disappointed how brief Luca's talk was about the cars. I don't think he even really talked about Gr.2 in general, let alone the GT500 class that all three cars came from. He just gave a very short talk about the first racetrack. Heck, it felt less like a talk and more like an off-hand mention.

-Finally, I bought a Polymetal Gray Mazda Roadster NR-A.

Last edited:
Slight miscalculation and a never before rainstorm made Sarthe an interesting race for ones. Like everybody, i did not pit at the end of lap 2. All hell broke loose, and by the time i reached the end of the straight we were deepblue on the rain gauge. Everybody but 1 car was still on slicks. After pitting (put on full wets) i was a whopping 50 seconds behind the lead. Luckely for me, he had inters on, and the rain was always heavy enough for the inters to not work, so still managed a win. Also got to within .3 of the gold time in Germany in the Z4, but after only 4 laps i should be able to get it.

Last edited:
Slight miscalculation and a never before rainstorm made Sarthe an interesting race for ones. Like everybody, i did not pit at the end of lap 2. All hell broke loose, and by the time i reached the end of the straight we were deepblue on the rain gauge. Everybody but 1 car was still on slicks. After pitting (put on full wets) i was a whopping 50 seconds behind the lead. Luckely for me, he had inters on, and the rain was always heavy enough for the inters to not work, so still managed a win. Also got to within .3 of the gold time in Germany in the Z4, but after only 4 laps i should be able to get it.
I did the same a few times. The Wets saved me, too.

No time today. I'll get the 787B tomorrow and blast around with that for a bit.

i redownloaded the game and took the 17 nsx stock to watkins glen....the new physics are such an improvement over how ****** every car felt to drive at launch

On the GTP account, I dragged the aero-tuned C7 out for a typical Tokyo run after buying a second Merak for the new WRS time trial. The all-cash 3-star marathon roulette surprisingly gave the middle-showing (and 2nd-highest-possible) 100,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, after finding the Honda go-kart too slow for Tokyo, I used the Ferrari F430 to great effect. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave me my second 2017 Alpine A110. It was potentially the best prize on the Wheel (if only we could sell cars); 10,000-Cr. and 30,000-Cr. options were there, as well as an engine and a stage 5 weight reduction.

On a hardware note, I'm still debating whether to replace the T150 - the rubber pads helping it stay on the desk keep coming off, and the center dead zone is getting worse. I know a place in Chicago that has both the T248 and T300 in stock, and a couple of Best Buys have the G923. Beyond that, an online store in Canada has the T-GT II Pack (it's otherwise unavailable, and I wouldn't need pedals if I stick with Thrustmaster), and I don't feel like blowing $1400 on the Logitech Pro.

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I used the Alpine A220 for an incredibly easy dry win at Sarthe. The 6-star workout roulette gave 1,000,000 Cr. (the highest of the 3 cash prizes and the only legal one), so I picked up the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II.

On the GTP account, I couldn't tune the snappy oversteer out of the Peugeot 205, so I used the NSX Gr.B at Sarthe, with the usual result. The 4-star roulette gave an ultra-high rpm turbo for the Veyron.

After not playing for a few weeks , bought Maserati, Skyline & Porsche 962. I put a livery on the 962 and took it out to Sardegena where I changed it to RH and added some ballast and set the computer to like 98,99. I was able to do a 1 stop and won fairly easily. I really like the 962. I want to try it at Lemans but I gotta figure out how I want to do that. Anyway I was hoping to get the 787 but I am like 300K cr short. So hopefully I will be able to play again before it leaves the Legendary lot. If no oh well I will catch it next time

Returned to my IROC 911s. Did a bit more research into the colors. When I found the Color chart, I set about think8ng I’d need to make my own colors as close to the real colors. Mainly because the ingame Porsche chart does not have the IROC colors. Then, I just happened to look up ALL colors.
Ruf have all 15 colors of the IROC series. Even several with the actual names: Gulf Blue, Jade Green, Mexico Blue, Magenta, etc. I found that amazing. The even crazier thing was when I had to match the Color of the bumpers in “Other”. PD included those colors in the chart! A couple I had to adjust the shade, but holy snaps! Shaking my head in amazement.
For many of the headaches this game has, there are some ems that bring a smile to my face.
1667213304170.jpeg

CA522C21-FA9A-4931-829E-59C0ABD7C057.jpeg

Ran one race at LeMans with the A220. I also picked up the 787B, de-tuned it for Sardegna and ran one race there. The wheel spit out 500k. Nice.

The 787B still has too much push for me. Not as bad as the XJR-9, but not pleasant to drive.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Last edited:
Finished my goal of using every Rally B car to win on Tokyo 600 grind; hated the race/track initially, but after spending a bunch of time on it I grew to love it. I used my own tunes and strategies from others I picked up on the Tokyo threads. In my experience the Mustang Rally B was the fastest and the Peugeot 205 the slowest. An average driver, my fastest laps were in the 2:12 range and lap 4 times were around 2:16 all using SH and non-stop strategy.

On the GTP account, I first did the WRS time trials, improving by 4/10ths at Dragon Tail. I then used the 4C Gr.3 for a relatively-easy 1-stop win (FM4) at Sardegna.

The 6-star roulette gave the Lexus VGT. At least that's 1,000,000 Cr. I won't need to spend later.

On the Plus account, I ran the Ford Mustang Gr.3 at Sardegna, and in addition to the win, I got titanium connecting rods/pistons for the Lamborghini Murcielago.

I went nuts with helmets and suits today. I decided each of my main cars needed a color/brand specific matching set. If that doesn't say GT7 is short on events, I don't know what does.

Re-tuned the XJR-9 using Praiano’s 962 tune. Had to lower the ECU and power restrictor to 70% and add 200 ballast. It handles much better, but it’s no longer the rocket it was. It still hits over 170 mph at Sardegna.

1 Daily Race B - started in 14th (last) and finished 4th. Pretty happy with that.

Knocked over 3 CEs where I only had the full lap to do to get gold. Both Dragon Trail tracks and Kyoto (full track)

On the GTP account, I used the 2017 Honda NSX at Tokyo. For safety, I changed tires on my lap-7 stop, and 27:47 later, I had the win and a parts ticket. That netted me titanium rods/pistons for the Porsche 918 Spyder.

On the Plus account, it was the Jaguar F-type R's turn. The no-cash 4-star Wheel of Despair dispensed a racing crank shaft for the AMG safety car.

Back