What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,874 comments
I fried my brains a little bit more with tokyo this morning, each morning before work i drive it 2 times, because i want to complete the LCD this rotation with 3 more cars to go, Daytona, Ferrari 250GT and the Merc W..... so i had to grind 49 freaking milion.
within 2 weeks i know have 47 milion, i had 9.7..., thursday 2 extra from the TT.

that means i have done 46 Tokyo's in 2 weeks......., i'm so done :lol::lol::lol:
40.000 km on the Delta :lol:

Funniest thing happened at Sardenga. On second lap coming up to third to last corner and the AI in front hits the wall, hard. Their car pops up immediately in front of me and my instinctive reaction was to duck, never had such an immersive experience.

Unfortunately lost control and hit the barrier, still won but it was hilarious.

It must be Tokyo Day again. On the Plus account, the (over-)tuned S15 took a blocking win. The resulting 4-star marathon roulette gave a GT-R Gr.B rally car.

On the GTP account, the aero-tuned C7 stomped the competition. The no-cash 5-star Wheel of Despair gave yet another S15 engine.

Ran a custom race at Willow Springs with my Trans Am grid. Also ran LeMans with my Boss 429 and Challenger. The Challenger got about 2.5 laps at FM6. Maxed out, it was still an easy win, even with 3 stops.

The 4-star wheel leaked out 30K,(the lowest prize).

Had a crack at Autopolis. After fiddling around with cars trying to get a competitive one I do this.

184a34062f613-screenshotUrl.jpg

Fell behind in the first 2 stints, but managed to claw it back after pitting. Had a 17 second gap behind Miyazono after we both pitted at the end of lap 16.

Both crossed the finish line just before the hour was up so I was hoping he would run out of fuel as I had just gone under 1 lap remaining and each stint he used more fuel than me so dropped FM and prayed. Unfortunately didn't work out for me.

3 star ticket gave me 10k which sucked.

Got my daily mileage in for yesterday and today testing an old 600pp Porsche 917k build at Alsace Village. Detuned and on sports tires, the Porsche felt lively and progressive.

The fun I had with that made me curious if the 917k could be a viable 800pp car in my hands. So, I took it to the Sardegna grind.
At full power and on racing mediums, the Porsche was deathly random under braking and high speed cornering. I did 5~6 laps on FM6 and still had the highest top speed out of everyone at the end of the straights. FM4 was also good for 5 laps, but I preferred the car with less power.

I have 20+ roulette tickets that I've lost the will to open, because I know none of them are going to give me the newer engines I've been hunting.

1669194894515.jpeg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20221123012555.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20221123012555.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20221123024601.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20221123024601.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 6
I mastered dragon trail 1 lap thing and got best time 🤣 on my friends list and bet super gt 🐐 🤣 I dunno 🤷‍♂️ how I’m not that good and struggled a few corners and did some restarts. Also got a 3 star ticket for daily reward has that day light savings bug fixed? I’m looking forward to update and finished up all gold in I b licence I really need to play more.

Attachments

• 830B83AE-A431-4E12-BF39-7E904E2BDFF0.jpeg
    830B83AE-A431-4E12-BF39-7E904E2BDFF0.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 7
On the Plus account, I breezed to a win at Sarthe in the F-type Gr.4, mostly because I was the only one to take rain tires at the end of lap 3, while those on a 2-stop strategy took them at the end of lap 4 after the rain stopped but not before the track was soaked. The 4-star marathon roulette gave me a purple Charger, the second car in a row from the wheel.

On the GTP account, I used the GR Supra Race Car for the stomping, in part because I was the only one who took rain tires at the end of lap 2, while everybody else, even though they struggled mightily on lap 3, stayed on slicks. A sub-4:20 fast lap on a dry lap 7 also helped. The 4-star was the usual Wheel of Despair, giving the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

I turned a few laps in this week's WRS time trial to finish off the racing morning.

Haven't been home for a few weeks so I popped on to finish a WIP livery I had completely put on the back burner.
Spun the wheel of disappointment and ended up with 250k, so not bad at all.
Also got a cool 500k from the championship prediction reward, 2 for 3 on those!
Lastly finished said BTCC livery, got a bunch of these I need to crank out before the end of the year
FiQ_FnNWAAEwo5X

With around 4hrs too the end of TT at interlagos in the R34 I managed a Gold after thinking I was never gonna make up those 2 tenths needed, loaded another ghost with a quicker time and held close by for a 1:48.9 :)

It's been two weeks since I'm back to playing this game and trying again, I gilded all circuit experiences now except for the Nurburgring because I'm saving it for the rainy day thanks to the one-time payout of 5 millions, and also because of how long and challenging it is.

I also finished all World Events, and left the 1 hour Gr3. endurance at Spa for last, it was a bit challenging because of the rain but easy enough by using a high-rpm Turbo and a gearbox with short and sequential gearings.

Now I'm currently finishing golding all driving missions, there's only four The Human Comedy missions now, I think they should be paying more than 500k on repeated playthroughs though.

I'm also working on buying all track and road cars at brand central, now there's only the most overpriced cars left such as the P1 GTR, Enzo Ferrari and Vulcan which will take some grinding to get them.

Then I'll move on to the racecars, and then on to the VGT cars just for completions sake because I really don't care about any of them.

After getting through them, then I will start to collect the really expensive cars at the legendary dealership, which I suppose it will take a lot of time.

It's been two weeks since I'm back to playing this game and trying again, I gilded all circuit experiences now except for the Nurburgring because I'm saving it for the rainy day thanks to the one-time payout of 5 millions, and also because of how long and challenging it is.

I also finished all World Events, and left the 1 hour Gr3. endurance at Spa for last, it was a bit challenging because of the rain but easy enough by using a high-rpm Turbo and a gearbox with short and sequential gearings.

Now I'm currently finishing golding all driving missions, there's only four The Human Comedy missions now, I think they should be paying more than 500k on repeated playthroughs though.

I'm also working on buying all track and road cars at brand central, now there's only the most overpriced cars left such as the P1 GTR, Enzo Ferrari and Vulcan which will take some grinding to get them.

Then I'll move on to the racecars, and then on to the VGT cars just for completions sake because I really don't care about any of them.

After getting through them, then I will start to collect the really expensive cars at the legendary dealership, which I suppose it will take a lot of time.
If I were you, I'd focused on the Legendary Cars first, then move on to the Invitational cars, then the VGT.

Ran a 10-lap Custom Race at Willow Springs with my Trans Am grid. Ran one LeMans race with my newly-tuned Mach 1. It gets 2.5 laps on FM6, so a 3-stopper. It's fast enough so it's still an easy win.

Got 1M from a 6-star. Nice.

Not much time today so I only tried the limited-time Spa race with the 911. I finished second on a 7 lap RM, then 3 lap RS, FM1 all the way strategy, 3s behind the leader... but that was very likely due to a silly mistake and spin I made halfway through, otherwise I would have won. It looked like it was going to rain at some point but it didn't - I'd be curious to know if the weather is random or not.

If I were you, I'd focused on the Legendary Cars first, then move on to the Invitational cars, then the VGT.
Nah the grind to get most of them is too much, so I'm pushing them back until I got all the other cars out of the way first, plus all VGTs are affordable, thankfully.

My 2¢ on Update 1.26

GOOD
  • New track (Road Atlanta)
  • New cars
  • FINALLY ability to sell cars

BAD
  • Lack of Sophy AI
  • STILL requires online for campaign/custom races

Struggled to set a good time in the online time trial, mainly because it's at Willow Springs which is a terrible track in any format but the one used in the time trial is the worst of them all. I don't understand why PD are so obsessed with the place, it has barely any actual corners and no redeeming features. It's not a nice looking track either. Road Atlanta is a welcome addition though.

Last edited:
After 118 kms i got a 1:02.8 with the escudo time trail, pretty happy and currently 424th in the world. Not to shabby. Got confused with the layout of road atlanta, thinking it was gonna be road america 🤔 anyway,never driven it but when you finally get that first sector, its a cool track. Gold on the circuit expierence in just under 33km used. The race on this track are pretty decent, although group one has a rather low payout, which is not shocking anymore. Lots of daily B races with very good racing around the board. Gotta do at least a few more today!

BAD
  • Lack of Sophy AI
  • STILL requires online for campaign/custom races
These are both constants, working as intended, they are not broke, it is working as designed.

Sophy was developed using GT7 and may make an appearance in specific races, but where has it ever been stated or implied it will be added to the AI in GT7?

Its a live service game online always by design. GT7 will never ever ever be offline playable. Again no hint, communication, insinuation, smoke signal, or Morse code even implying they will ever rewrite the entire structure of the game to make it offline playable… why are you expecting it to be so?

I get the disappointment, I’m still mad my dog can’t play poker despite popular art putting the idea in my head, but I’m not hanging out in religious forums complaining about intelligent design not meeting my desires. I don’t get the need to vent about it when online only has been communicated before the game even launched… sorry no one boycotted it and it’s still a good game despite its flaws

Hi, can anyone help or know of a guide or tips for the manufacture race demo at Spa, I was driving the Mercedes and the Beetle, I have come second twice, strategy is affecting me plus minor penalties too, second time around i was driving better and i pit around lap 5 or 6 when Tyres and fuel need replacing, it rains but i didn't find wets were needed and was ok on dry tires, I went RS and then RH first time with Mercedes then went RM twice ( ended up with 3 second penalty existing pit lane and race fell apart, the beetle was rubbish in the wet on dry tires, so I'm thinking wets next time, and also can you repeat the race if you come first or one time only, thank you so much for any help, that is what i did today :S

@Pedinhuh If you're looking for completeness, get the invite cars when you have an invite; you never know when/if you'll get another one. The Hagerty's cars, unless PD jumbles the rotation, come around ever 2 1/2 months.

As for what I did, I started on the GTP account, and immediately claimed my X2019 25th Anniversary, 250,000 Cr. from bronzing the old online time trial, engine ticket from the Nissan Skyline GT-R extra menu (as I had the extremely-time-gated 1970s Skylines, with the 1970 currently available in Hagerty's) and parts ticket from the Renault extra menu (as I had the extremely-time-gated R8 Gordini). As I was hoping for the Escudo engine so I can see how much more the Escudo is going to cost, I opened up the tickets, and got the ultra-high rpm turbo for the RE Amemiya (which I didn't have before) and another Rampage engine.

I jumped to the Plus account to get the extra menu tickets there, and also the X2019 25th Anniverary and the price for the Pikes Peak engine. The parts Wheel of Despair gave...wait for it...wait for it...the ultra-high turbo for the RE Amemiya (which I already had on this account) and the engine ticket gave the 2008 GT-R GT500 engine (at least I didn't already have that).

Going back to the GTP account, I was surprised to see that only the Super Formula cars had their PP calculations change, and that, for the Hagerty's cars that I have that have new engines available and the 3 that are the bases for engine swaps (thanks @Scholid for the Escudo engine recommended price), the Hagerty's price increases aren't, in the cumulative sense, overly excessive, though there are a few 20%+ increases in there. Before buying the Sierra Cosworth (surprisingly in the UCD) and Silvia K's Aero, I unloaded a few cars on Andi.

I then tried my luck on the special races. I used the BRZ on RS tires on a dry Spa (the rain was still headed in by the time I finished) to crush the field (on normal) in 23:56. The RS tires lasted just as long as the fuel did - 6 laps on FM 1. The race at Big Willow was closer, but 7:55 later, I was another 1,800,000 Cr. richer.

Some more cash was earned by eventually golding Road Atlanta. The first sector was a real struggle, but that hill near the end is also a real killer. I called it a morning by collecting a stage 5 weight reduction for the 2017 Nissan GT-R NISMO and buying the now-overpriced 1995 McLaren F1 GTR (which I was short by over 1,000,000 Cr. for yesterday).

I'll be back to do the Plus account.

Back