What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,868 comments
Had some spare time on my lunch break (WFH today) so hopped on for a quick run at Sardegna. I'm saving credits for the Mercedes-Sauber C9, so I'm trying to use Mercedes cars for the grind. Last night I ran the AMG GT3 three times, getting progressively worse as I got more and more tired... So I hopped into the SLS AMG GT3, and man that thing is rapid! FM2 on RM tyres, short shifting, 5 laps easily at 1:38s, even a 1:37.8 FL on lap 8! 25:45 total race time, and a 4-star roulette which gave me 30k.

I didn't have enough time for another run, so I quickly jumped into the livery editor to try something I had been thinking of putting on the RX-Vision. Work in progress...

I'll run the SLS AMG GT3 again tonight and then buy the C9 and give it a run or two at Sardegna before switching over to the Corvette - need to get the Corvette Speedster, then the Ferrari GTO after that! Many credits to earn over the next few days!!

Started the game today with me in the Mazda RX Vision GT3 after yesterday's Spa disappointment, so I decided to try my luck and avenge the Mazda with a strategy from @PikesPeak in the Red Bull Ring Human Comedy mission.

20970614562579389.jpg

Everything worked like a charm, even better than expected despite the AI loving to punt me at every possible chance, especially when lapping other opponents. But I held on and eventually managed to take the lead from Beauvois in the rain, in a bit of a Fast and Furious crossroads scene.

20970349961823639.jpg

Never lost the lead from there onwards, and finally managed to Gold one of those dreaded missions. Still too many to go, and not enough skill in my arsenal for some of those. The 1.2 mil prize from the mission allowed me to buy the Sauber C9 from Hagerty, which I immediately took down to Road Atlanta for a ride.

20970823906604956.jpg

Praiano's suspension tune works wonders, ofc I increased downforce to the max and added the mid range turbo to get closer to 950pp. The car is a wonder, fast and relatively easy to drive, but the 800pp gearing I gave it meant that it was too thirsty and required me to shortshift a bit too much. This, combined with a lot of mistakes due to tiredness, led to a mere P7. But, will try again tomorrow, I'm sure I can win with this car.

Wheel of (Mis)Fortune today was a 4* ticket, and it gave me a wonderfully useful computer for the M4 Safety Car, which I don't even have. Yay.

On the GTP account, after finding out I didn't save the lap from the Ford GT at Daytona's road course, I made a banzai run in the soon-to-expire WRS time trial. The resulting 4-star Wheel of Despair giving a third Stroke Up S for the 2002 Honda NSX.

I then took the 2017 Alpine 110 to Barcelona for the fresh WRS time trial. I finished up the account's day with the Toyota 86 Gr.4 at Sarthe for the credits.

On the Plus account, I took the Renault Megane Trophy to Sarthe for the grind. At least it was a 4-star Wheel of Despair giving the lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. today.

Ran LeMans for an easy win. Then went grinding on the weekly time trial. Got my lap time down by half a second securing a silver trophy. I have no chance at getting gold, but that extra half second buffer should guarantee me 1M credits in a couple days.

Wadda difference 24 hours can make!

PS4/DS4 ..

Yesterday aft/evening I was doing all I could at Trial Mountain to crack the 1:48 barrier in my prize Enzo..

Enzo-00.jpg

just didn't work out for whatever reason.. I kept at it and at and it.. and just couldn't catch that rabbit for the life of me.. smh.. well, like I said, 24 hours later.. yeah.. & even though I didn't crack 1:48 I still managed to re-take my personal best at TM 1 time out.. I wish I had one of these in real life.. LoL.. it would be such a pleasure to get to work in less than 2mins..

Enzo- Time Trials at Trial Mountain- 01--30-23.jpg

.. definetly a good way to start the week!

.. this car tho'.. if you don't have one, GET ONE!.. nothing but business!

listening to ..

NW.

Last edited:
I took the Aston Martin VGT to Lemans. Had very heavy rain laps 3&4 so much so that I wished that I had bought wet tires. I was finish in 1st though. Took the 787b to Sardegna. Got 30k from the wheel. Slapped a livery on the Sauber and did some testing at LeMans & Sardegna. I feel like I need a tad bit more speed at LeMans so I am going try to play around with tune to get just a little more speed

After doing alot of timetrial laps this week i do what i always do and appriciate the faster better handling cars we have on the TT track, so this morning I let out the 911 GT1.
Then was again stunned by the acceleration and tested it on route X again, tops out at 350KM/h and had a blast with that little fast turbo squeek through the headphone

20970164917720531 (1).jpg

20970462480546201.jpg

After doing alot of timetrial laps this week i do what i always do and appriciate the faster better handling cars we have on the TT track, so this morning I let out the 911 GT1.
Then was again stunned by the acceleration and tested it on route X again, tops out at 350KM/h and had a blast with that little fast turbo squeek through the headphone

View attachment 1227301

View attachment 1227302
Cleeeean!

.. seriously, good lookin' ride bra'.. btw, where did you find it ??.. I'm not sure if I have one or not, gonna have to go back and look.. The lines on that car are pretty sick.. good werk!

Edit: wait, just reallized that is the 1 Porsche I don't have... the Strassen!!!! .. Hoping it comes back sooner rather than later!

Strassen-smh.jpg

..smh..

NW.

Last edited:
Today was a bit of a "meh" day. First things first, I wanted to give the Sauber C9 another chance at Road Atlanta and so I immediately did, with longer gears and RM tires.

20970178962408502.jpg

It was probably my best ever win in this race, with almost no mistake (no serious ones at least) and with a solid 52 seconds advantage over P2, even though at the very last corner of the race I spun and finished in the pits, I actually crossed the line from the pit lane. But, I won and it was fun.

Then for some unknown reason I decided I'd take a Tokyo run, and decided to do with the M3 Sport Evolution with a 600pp SM tune. The car drives really nice but it's slow ("just" 270 kph) on the straight, meaning I can't seem to keep up with the opponents. And I also kept on getting rammed by the AI, which led me to quitting the game for today. Gonna watch the delivery of the last 747 in a few anyways.

Wheel of (Mis)Fortune did not help with the usual 10k from a 4* ticket.

Cleeeean!

.. seriously, good lookin' ride bra'.. btw, where did you find it ??.. I'm not sure if I have one or not, gonna have to go back and look.. The lines on that car are pretty sick.. good werk!

Edit: wait, just reallized that is the 1 Porsche I don't have... the Strassen!!!! .. Hoping it comes back sooner rather than later!

View attachment 1227346

..smh..

NW.
Yeah you MUST buy is, absoluut monster 😁 was worth every credit 😁

I didn't have much time today, so it was all business at Sardegna. On the GTP account, the RH-shod NSX GT500 lapped everybody except Portilla, for a Toyota 86 GRMN from a 3-star marathon roulette. On the Plus account, I lapped the field with the 2008 Nissan GT-R GT500 for a 4-star marathon roulette bearing a Subaru WRX Gr.4, which got flipped for a paltry 90,710 Cr.

Won the engine for the Ford Roadster that I will probably never be able to buy… Anyhow ran some Sardegna Spa and LM races, bought the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 from the LCD and the Toyota AE86 (S. Shigeno Version) from the UCD. Ending the day with 15.75 million credits. I’d like to have 20 million at all times just in case, but haven’t gotten there yet.

So, I just did the spa WTC 800 1hour race and I got clean race bonus, it rained heavy late stage i had no inters or wets (drove the Rx8 Stealth edition Mazda lol) and struggled so slow, hit a wall span a couple of times and game corrected me and WUT I get clean race bonus, firstly I didn't know it would rain so need to buy correct tires, and still shocked I got $1.5 million, good race I need mentally focus better and race better too :S (ill work on it)

So, I just did the spa WTC 800 1hour race and I got clean race bonus, it rained heavy late stage i had no inters or wets (drove the Rx8 Stealth edition Mazda lol) and struggled so slow, hit a wall span a couple of times and game corrected me and WUT I get clean race bonus, firstly I didn't know it would rain so need to buy correct tires, and still shocked I got $1.5 million, good race I need mentally focus better and race better too :S (ill work on it)
You always get the clean race bonus there, unless you overtake under yellow flags.

Anyways today I started once again hellbent on doing Tokyo with the M3 Sport Evolution, which I know doesn't even make sense but I'm stupid. After various tries I managed to pull a nice one and found myself in the lead, unfortunately the only one that pits twice is Gallo so eventually Kokubun and Suswillo outpowered me on the straight, and I ended P3. Was fun, and the M3 is looking so damn good!

20970889612857205.jpg

I do need money though since now even the Giulia TZ has been added to Hagerty, so I went to do a Sarthe run once again by taking out of deep storage one of my old cash cows, the R32 Skyline GT-R. Wonderful car, a bit hard on the front tires but the traction is amazing, and it was especially useful in the soaking wet run that I had. Only Haywood made it to lap 7, all the others finished their race while pitting at the end of lap 6.

20970525771043182.jpg

This time it was a very easy first try win for the usual 825k, which brings my total cash to 2,4 mil roughly, still a long way to go. 4* Wheel of (Mis)Fortune as usual didn't help with the same 10k as every other day.

This is a bit of a last "night/tonight", instead of "today" but I continued my credit grind at Sardegna. While the LCD is providing all the good stuff (Corvette, Miura, GTO, all the Group C cars...) I'm loading up credits to snap them up. I ran the Corvette GT3 at Sardegna twice, then bought the Corvette Racer. Then I continued on a livery for my RX-VISION Stealth Version. Then I felt inspired to get into my race-prepped F12berlinetta and proceeded to win at Sardegna in it. Not by miles, but it was a relatively easy win once I adjusted my braking and turning points and got used to the lack of steering compared to all the Gr.3 and Gr.2 cars recently!

Then some sleep, some work, and then another bash at Sardegna, this time in the Huracan GT3. Easy win, despite a couple of less-than-elegant moments! And then back to work. It's going to be a late night!

Back up to 18 mil credits but need to buy the Miura, then the GTO and the Sauber C9. That's 10,050,000 I need to spend in the next 10 days. Or fourteen CRB wins at Sardegna...

EDIT: Forgot I also opened up two tickets I'd been saving for the update that never happened. 6-star gave me a GT-R GT500 '16, and 4-star gave me high lift cams for the Wicked Fabrication car (which I can't stand driving...)

Last edited:
Back