What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,018 comments
Drove like crazy my new NSX GT500 '08. Man, that thing has grip. Then went for a ride with my Black/Blue Veyron. He needed some attention after 2 weeks with no action. Monza was the circuit. Fun was had.

And finally got that SLR McLaren from the UCD. Will need to find a tune for that one, but I'm overall happy with it.

I made the mistake of attempting to squeeze in a WTC700 race at Le Mans while cooking my dinner last night.

I got to the start of the final lap before I started to smell burning... at first I thought that PD had gone to a whole new level of virtual reality and that my 458 Italia was on fire, but it turned out it was burning pork.

I made the mistake of attempting to squeeze in a WTC700 race at Le Mans while cooking my dinner last night.

I got to the start of the final lap before I started to smell burning... at first I thought that PD had gone to a whole new level of virtual reality and that my 458 Italia was on fire, but it turned out it was burning pork.
I imagine this was your reaction ...

Gi Joe Psa GIF

Not today but a couple of days ago I got yet another 6-star ticket! That's 3 in only a few weeks (I think, would need to check posts here!). The last 2 have given very high value cars so I was very excited about this one! Alas, I got an ultra-high rpm turbo for a car I don't have, value Cr.41,000...... oh well, you can't win them all! :cheers:

9 laps this morning at WC TT, trying to follow the advices of the sages/aliens for TT thread.

I've tried to coast until apex like many adviced, if braking point is good and duration of braking too, it doesn't compromise speed to much and allow to dial the acceleration when hitting the apex. Not easy to do but I might have understood something.

Lap times not that impressive... removing assists did not impact in terms of difficulty to drive the car, but neither in terms of performance gains.

View attachment 1266673

DW 3* gave 10k of a full cash wheel with 1M, 500k, 100k, 30k and 10k 😅

9 laps this morning at WC TT, trying to follow the advices of the sages/aliens for TT thread.

I've tried to coast until apex like many adviced, if braking point is good and duration of braking too, it doesn't compromise speed to much and allow to dial the acceleration when hitting the apex. Not easy to do but I might have understood something.

Lap times not that impressive... removing assists did not impact in terms of difficulty to drive the car, but neither in terms of performance gains.

View attachment 1266673

DW 3* gave 10k of a full cash wheel with 1M, 500k, 100k, 30k and 10k 😅

Nice, tidy lap 👍

Can't say I see much difference between your lap and mine in terms of line, braking points etc. - what's your set-up though?

I've finally graduated to being able to use TCS 0, but initially I was switching TCS on-the-fly from TCS 0 on straights and long corners, to TCS 2 or even 3 on tighter corners. I was finding, however, that manually switching TCS while you are already concentrating hard on getting your speed and line right was pretty difficult.

I use a wheel now, and it's no secret that it is massively advantageous - I've never got near a gold with the controller, sadly, even though it is more relaxing to play with the controller occasionally.

My only other tip would be to switch to the bonnet cam view, esp. if you use a wheel. I am a die-hard chase-cam view fan, but I only use chase cam now when I play with the controller... I still love chase cam, but bonnet cam (where you can see the very front of the car) is my preferred view for time trials... (races too, but it does lead to some more accidents due to not being able to see cars next to you).

Nice, tidy lap 👍
a lot of work to be done yet, but going in the right way, I hope.
Can't say I see much difference between your lap and mine in terms of line, braking points etc. - what's your set-up though?
My what ? 😅

I removed all assists except ABS following the senseis' advices, did not notice any difference with the Silvia which is an easy car.
I was finding, however, that manually switching TCS while you are already concentrating hard on getting your speed and line right was pretty difficult.
I would crash if I ever tried that 🤣
I use a wheel now, and it's no secret that it is massively advantageous - I've never got near a gold with the controller, sadly, even though it is more relaxing to play with the controller occasionally.
I am using a controller (the standard one from PS5)
My only other tip would be to switch to the bonnet cam view, esp. if you use a wheel. I am a die-hard chase-cam view fan, but I only use chase cam now when I play with the controller... I still love chase cam, but bonnet cam (where you can see the very front of the car) is my preferred view for time trials... (races too, but it does lead to some more accidents due to not being able to see cars next to you).
In fact that replay is in chase-cam to show where the car is on the track but I only user bumper cam.

I couldn't decide what to race so after a minute or so I chose the 2J and took it to Sardegna. At FM6 I was able to get 8 laps. It seemed a little sluggish so I decided instead a 1 stop strategy I decided on 2 stops. First mistake. I pit after lap 7 get fuel but no tires. Switched to FM2 then my issues started. Had a couple of crashes and pitted again at lap 10. Going into lap 14 I have 2.5 laps of fuel left. I have a bad accident caused by me giving too much throttle coming out of a turn. So I going into the last lap with 0.9 lapps left and run out of fuel about halfway through and ended finishing 6th. Next I went to LeMans with the Mazda 3. I got about 8 laps at FM6 so I wouldn't have to pit if it didn't rain. Got to lap 2 a light rain came through but I didn't pit got to lap 4 and rains comes again so I pit for wets. Track stays dry so I have to switch back to race hards drop down to 6th but by the end of the 5th lap I regained first and finish the race. Ended up with 2 tickets one 5 & one 4 * ticket. Got 10k from the 4* and the BMW VGT.

Redoing my PGR4 Grids from all of the classes in the game, so far the cars in bold are missing but everything else is what I have, i've also took liberty with some of the classes since quite alot of cars from that game are not present in GT7 despite being present in previous games:

Class G:
Mini Cooper
Delorean DMC-12
Mazda MX-5
Pontiac Firebird
Toyota 2000GT

Class F:
Corvette Stingray C2
Camaro Z/28
Ford Mustang Fastback

Ford Sierra Cosworth
Jaguar D-Type
Lamborghini Miura
Lancia Stratos
Lancie Delta Integrale

Class E:
Ferrari Testarossa
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Lamborghini Countach LP400

Mazda RX-7
Saleen Mustang
Subaru Impreza 22B
Toyota Supra MKIV

Class D:
Audi R8
Corvette ZR1
Ford GT40 MK1
Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0 SE <--- Used a Diablo GT with added ballast and pretty close livery instead
Shelby Cobra
TVR Speed 6 in place of TVR Sagaris

Class C:
De Tomaso Pantera as BMW M1 Procar
Callaway Sledgehammer
Dodge Viper GT-2
Ferrari F430
Ferrari F40
Ford GT
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
RUF RGT

Class B:
Ferrari Enzo
Jaguar XJ220S
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
Palmer Jaguar JP1
Radical SR3 Turbo
RUF RT12

Class A:
Aston Martin DBR9
Caparo T1
Ferrari FXX
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
McLaren F1 LM
McLaren F1 GTR Roadcar
Mercedes-Benz CLK LM SuperSport
RUF Supercar Concept

Last edited:
On the Plus account, I took the Ferrari 458 Italia Gr.4 to Sarthe. With a bit of short-shifting, it will last 4 laps on fuel, though it will do only 4:23-4:25 laps while doing so. Going full tilt, it will get to 4:21. Despite having just the slightest bit of understeer, the rear tires will wear out first, and they'll last just over 7 laps.

The 4-star workout ticket yielded the low-showing 30,000 Cr., equaling my best haul of the month out of 14 tickets.

On the GTP account, I tried to get an 8-lap no-stop run at Sarthe in an unmodified Red Bull Junior, and fell 30 seconds short. The resulting 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the usual lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

Yesterday was a different day .
Didn't run any griding race for the first time after completing menu 39 that unlock them.
Run some cars here and there ,took my 962 as was set for lemans ( 700 pp ) and run at the historical race at RBR and got an easy win ( easy level ) without a stop on RH .
A few amount was missing and done a short race in order to see this for the first and last time i guess.
IMG_20230620_212923015.jpg

Since i have decide not to buy any expensive car from LCD ( ones with two digits in front ) am not far away to collect all the others .
Also I'll be able to run some new cars in stock form on small races to get the feeling of them before start tuning them at some point.
Anyway, it's nice to do what you pleased than Griding.

Yesterday was a different day .
Didn't run any griding race for the first time after completing menu 39 that unlock them.
Run some cars here and there ,took my 962 as was set for lemans ( 700 pp ) and run at the historical race at RBR and got an easy win ( easy level ) without a stop on RH .
A few amount was missing and done a short race in order to see this for the first and last time i guess.
View attachment 1266839

Since i have decide not to buy any expensive car from LCD ( ones with two digits in front ) am not far away to collect all the others .
Also I'll be able to run some new cars in stock form on small races to get the feeling of them before start tuning them at some point.
Anyway, it's nice to do what you pleased than Griding.
Nice :bowdown:

Myself I'm starting to feel better back to averaging over 400 miles a day on my road back to 100M unless one of the 6 cars I still need shows up. :)

I've decided to try getting the 917K '90, which requires me to earn 14 million Cr. before it disappears from the dealership. That might be a tall order though, as I don't think I will have enough time/energy to do it in time.

I can console myself with the 330 P4 '67 instead if I miss the 917K, though - though it's a pity that two such sought-after and expensive cars arrive in the dealership at the same time...

I've decided to try getting the 917K '90,
And stick this livery on it for more authentic pork goodness.

1687368340549.png

I mostly did some more laps for the Online Time Trial that features Gr.4 cars at the longer Watkins Glen layout. I used the Silvia Touring Car, and now I think I'm only a few tenths off from gold range.

I also bought a second, silver Suzuki Cappuccino, as I already had a red one. On top of that, I had a spare 13B to put into it, plus an Ultra-High RPM Turbo for said 13B, so I put that part onto the newly-swapped silver Cappuccino.

As for my daily ticket? Just a four-star that netted me a High-Lift Camshaft for the Lexus LC500, nothing special. But hey, it's a free part.

Oh yeah, and I also bought the K20 swap for my spare Abarth 595, since it seemed so affordable. Not to mention that the K20 can go into quite a few cars, so if I win one - and I do say "if" - it'll still have a number of places to potentially go. (I recall that the older Mini Cooper S was a popular swap.) Certainly can't say the same of some of my other spare engines, though, namely those from the Aventador SV, the D1GP BRZ, and the Corvette C6 ZR1. At least my spare Hellcat engine can potentially go into a Challenger or Superbird, but I want to buy one of those in a color I like, first; a Challenger in Plum Crazy would be great.

Last edited:
I've decided to try getting the 917K '90, which requires me to earn 14 million Cr. before it disappears from the dealership. That might be a tall order though, as I don't think I will have enough time/energy to do it in time.

I can console myself with the 330 P4 '67 instead if I miss the 917K, though - though it's a pity that two such sought-after and expensive cars arrive in the dealership at the same time...
14 million credits in less than 5 days as the 917K usually lasts only 8 days - unless you're @Chikane_GTR, that's a very tall order. As the 330 P4 (as well as the other 2 "trophy" cars) is on its own monthly schedule, it's happenstance that it and the 917K are there at the same time.
And stick this livery on it for more authentic pork goodness.

View attachment 1266938
As the old advertising tagline said, "Pork, the other white meat." I wonder how that would look on the Red Pig.

I actually cannot believe what just happened...

Two nights ago, as described above, GT7 killed my dinner... tonight, however, it was Porky's Revenge... 🐷

I had a second attempt to cook the same meal, this time on a low heat so as not to burn it like last time. I went to check on it before starting a race, and it looked fine. So I started a WTC700 race at Le Mans and 💥 - the power cut off and killed my race.

It turns out that the kitchen hob short-circuited and tripped the fuse that controls my kitchen and living room power circuits... it has happened before when I've tried using the hob shortly after cleaning it, as it needs to be bone dry inside otherwise it will fuse, but it was bone dry - or so I thought. It turns out that some water dripped from the saucepan lid when I went to check on it just before I started the race, and the water made its way into the hob and short-circuited it, tripping the fuse and zapping my PS4.

So, in other words, my dinner killed GT7.

Idk How To Tag This Clash Of Clans GIF

Last edited:
8 laps at WC TT, still no improvement... I need to nail the first turn, it commands such a long flatout section, that if not down right loose more than a second before de bus stop...

DW 4* -> 30k (wheel with 5k, 30k, 100k, 500k and 1M)

Made a few custom grids, focused on pre-90's Porsche's. Bought some manufactures paint. Working on 100% paint collection for no reason whatsoever.

I did 2 races at Suzuka in Sport Mode tonight, the first one a 'trial run' with no qualifying (and starting last as per usual) and I made so many mistakes I was embarrassed... I should have finished 3rd, as I was in a good battle with the guy who finished 3rd but was just too greedy on too many corners and spun it 3 times and went wide at the last chicane twice... so I got a deserved 8th place.

Second attempt, I actually did Qualifying for once and got 5th spot on the grid, and won the race - I was a bit lucky though... the lead car pitted inexplicably, and then it was a straight battle between me and some other guy, and he ran wide into Turn 1 and that was that. I was glad though - 10 laps of Suzuka and no mistakes, so it was a good win :)

I ran the rain race at Le Mans and the 800pp race on Nurburbring Endurance. These two races get done every day with my McLaren F1 '97 which has the best cockpit for VR.

Got the 2 mil credits from the Olympic event. Completed the final CE remaining for Europe which was St Croix...gotta say that track is as frustrating as Alsace, they both feel completely backwards to me and not fun to drive at all. That said, all the European events have been golded. Time to move on to Asia.

Also did the Tsukuba TT and logged a 1.10.4xx hopefully it hold for the silver. Don't have the patience to try this one for gold. The ice like feedback I'm getting while driving that Audi is so numb, it's very irritating.

Lastly bought the Ford roadster from the Legendary dealership and collected the Silvia engine from a 6 star roulette. I have roughly 3.5 mil in the bank right now, I think I'm just going to keep accumulate credits before buying any more of those over priced cars.

Haven't played in a couple of week so all in all, a productive night, probably won't be playing again for another few days so we'll see.

On the Plus account, I took the newer Nissan GT-R GT3 to Sardegna. The mid-1:43s it can do at full tilt, combined with having to save fuel to get to 6 laps, meant it couldn't hang with a supercharged Fraga. On the bright side, it will do 15 laps. I aborted that run and tried a 1-stop/no-tire strategy, which involves FM 4 on the first stint and FM 3 on the second. While Fraga was even faster that time around, that speed cost him - he decided to pit on lap 4 despite having enough fuel for a fifth lap. Meanwhile, I tooled around at a high-1:45 pace on the first stint and a mid-1:44 pace on the second to finish in first in 26:54.

The 4-star workout roulette was kind, giving a 2002 Honda NSX Type R. I hung onto it in case I want to build one up.

On the GTP account, I bought two Ford Roadsters, one for future engine purposes and one for future tuning purposes, now that it's been freed. I got most of that back by grinding Sardegna with the 2008 Honda NSX GT500, though a bit more slowly as I tried a no-stop strategy. It requires FM 6 and short-shifting at about 6800 rpm, but the tires do last and it takes 25:58 (or about 40 seconds more than a 1-stop run).

The fifth 3-star Wheel of Despair on this account of 15 for the month (and 13th of 30 between the two accounts) puked out the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

Grinding

Raced with the Geezers. It was a good turn out today. 🙂

Blew the wod on Roadsters 🤑
Edit: sold some car that where just sitting that I can get new (and a swapped Golf that was useless to me) and got my 6th.

Last edited:
1. I'm very happy to share with you my first gold medal on a GT7 TT: Tsukuba ♥

View attachment 1267054

2. As some guys decided to push me out of the gold at Watkins Glen while I was on holidays, I have no other option to come back in the game! After tens laps, couldn't improved my 1:56.335 but I swear, I will!!!

3. Tested the new TT on Brands Hatch 👍 with the G70... :yuck: Scored a first mediocre silver after few laps - low motivation to make it better.

4. Bought a Ford Roadster '32 😍

5. ⭐⭐⭐ : Cr. 10.000 :indiff:

6. Accepted with honour the friendship request from @nickf1gr :cheers:

Back