What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 12,289 comments
I nearly forgot about the GTWS, as I was focused on re-running the Trial Mountain races on the GTP account. The first 3 went rather easily:
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge in 4:44 with a stock 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final
  • World Rally Challenge in 20:31 with a stock Toyota 86 Gr.B
  • Hyper Car Parade in 10:19 with a stock 2022 Porsche 911 GT3
The 4-star workout ticket gave the CHC Nova, which I kept and put some parts I had lying around on. The Daytona race was boring and slow; the only reason I finished 8th was somebody picked up a track-limit penalty on the last lap.

On the Plus account, I ground Sarthe with the current hostage, the 1993 Alfa Romeo 155. The big thing is the race started with no wind, though that picked up as the showers approached and eventually hit.

The 6-star ticket was modestly-kind, giving the middle-showing/lowest-possible 500,000 Cr. That makes it less than 16 million Cr. to go to the Ferrari 330 P4.

-Bought the BMW Z8 and drove it around Kyoto
-Won the Peugeot RCZ GT3 from the wheel and drove it around Le Mans
-Modified my Renault 5 Turbo and took it to the Nurburgring GP track
-Drove my modified Integra Type R around Watkins Glen
-Drove the Lexus LFA around Fuji Speedway
-Drove my Porsche 918 around Trial Mountain

Grinding Sardegna to pay for the McLaren F1.

Ran it once, then I noticed that the Sardegna circuit experience uses that Audi R18 Diesel thingy. I have one of those, must have been a prize car at some point. So I started grinding Sardegna using that instead, to get used to the car on the track and practice for the circuit experience while still grinding. The Audi doesn't fit in the PP so I first ran it with the power reduced, second run was with ballast and not so much power reduction. Both configurations gave me a 1 stop race on a lean mix.

After 3 runs I did the circuit experience and managed golds. After that I thought I'd try for a no stops race. Took all the aero off, took off all the ballast, got down to PP with ECU power restriction again. Managed a no stop running mixture anywhere from 4 to 6, with half a lap of fuel left in the tank and the RMs barely showing any wear. Finish time was about the same as a 1 stop race.

Bought a second Merak.

All in all, my McLaren pot is up to 7.2M and hopefully should pick up 2m from the Laguna Seca TT as well..

I'm getting there!

Grinding Sardegna to pay for the McLaren F1.

Ran it once, then I noticed that the Sardegna circuit experience uses that Audi R18 Diesel thingy. I have one of those, must have been a prize car at some point. So I started grinding Sardegna using that instead, to get used to the car on the track and practice for the circuit experience while still grinding. The Audi doesn't fit in the PP so I first ran it with the power reduced, second run was with ballast and not so much power reduction. Both configurations gave me a 1 stop race on a lean mix.

After 3 runs I did the circuit experience and managed golds. After that I thought I'd try for a no stops race. Took all the aero off, took off all the ballast, got down to PP with ECU power restriction again. Managed a no stop running mixture anywhere from 4 to 6, with half a lap of fuel left in the tank and the RMs barely showing any wear. Finish time was about the same as a 1 stop race.

Bought a second Merak.

All in all, my McLaren pot is up to 7.2M and hopefully should pick up 2m from the Laguna Seca TT as well..

I'm getting there!
I'll race you first to 20M.šŸ˜

I'm also at 7.3M credits.:)

I'll race you first to 20M.šŸ˜

I'm also at 7.3M credits.:)

Game on! I'm at 9.7M now after two more Sardegna runs... but instead of celebrating being nearly halfway I was grumpy that I wasn't at 10.7M because someone fast had obviously put in a last minute run at Laguna Seca TT and bumped me off gold šŸ˜”

I checked the leaderboard at 10PM BST last night and I was still in gold then so it really must have been a last ditch attempt.

Also, the F40 just landed in Legends so I now need 23.5M.

Last edited:
Game on! I'm at 9.7M now after two more Sardegna runs... but instead of celebrating being nearly halfway I was grumpy that I wasn't at 10.7M because someone fast had obviously put in a last minute run at Laguna Seca TT and bumped me off gold šŸ˜”

I checked the leaderboard at 10PM BST last night and I was still in gold then so it really must have been a last ditch attempt.

Also, the F40 just landed in Legends so I now need 23.5M.
7 Tokyo's in a roll up to 12M.:sly:

I'll finish the rest tonight.šŸ‘

Last edited:
Yesterday ran the GAC Maverick at X route spent the entire race sat on the rear bumper of a Paganini, aero made it impossible to pass him but came in 0.023 seconds behind. Wheel gave me a VW Golf.
Today claimed my TT winnings from Laguna Sec, strapped on a Pork 911 and went for a spin (literally) on the Nordschlief 7:10 and going well clipped a kerb whilst on the power and whoops I'm backwards and on the grass. Will try again but not today. Trip to Sardinia in a Mazda 787 I want that F1 before it runs away from the legends dealership.
Spin of despair = 5k?

I have exams this week. I already have the mclaren F1, but I don't yet have the 911 GT1. I didn't have time to grind because I had to study, so I sold several cars that are readily available in brand central, including a bugatti chiron and 2 P1 GTRs. I can buy them back, but I didn't feel like waiting on the 911 GT1 to get in the LCD again. Only one exam left but it's my hardest one. Maybe I'll have time to buy them back after I buy the f40.

kjb
@Chikane_GTR is the grind king. You can't out grind him. He will probably be at 100M by Sunday šŸ˜Š
He has a ridiculous amount of cars.
I envy him.

I finally got around to doing the Jimny Cup. I had really tweaked my left shoulder getting into my car a couple weeks ago. it finally felt well enough to give it a small go today.

Next, I'll be trying to tackle the 'Ring in a car as close to the i30N Performance car for my trip to Germany in July. So far I've come up with the Ford Focus ST '15, roughly 3,223lbs (like 50lbs heavier-ish), 281HP (vs. 280), but the torque is way low, like 325ft-lb vs 392ft-lb :yikes: I will give the Megane a go too and see if its closer to spec.

EDIT: The VW Golf VII '14 is as close as it'll get. It's about 21ft-lb light on torque, but otherwise, its basically the same car šŸ‘

Jerome

Last edited:
Today I..

Grinded back to the magical number of 20M.

@kiseca sorry but once I enter my grind trace I cant stop.:sly:
Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240523213441.jpg

On the GTP account, after taking 1,000,000 Cr. for getting yet another silver in a time trial, I rented a Porsche 911 RS CS and crawled around the Nordschliefe, only getting down to 7:58.1, well off the silver time. The 4-star Wheel of Despair gave the low-showing 10,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I got in a grind of Sardegna with the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR. The 4-star workout ticket paid off for once with 1,000,000 Cr.

You speed maniac! I've driven my own 911 RS CS for one very carefull lap around and did a 8:11! I just wanted to avoid any dents or scratches! :D
If that was a real-world time, that is some nice speed, and probably faster than I would do.

Last night I took the Stealth RX7 Vision GT or whatever it is called to LeMans. I got 5 laps on FM5 in race with some drizzle so the last two laps I switched to FM1. Got a 10k cr bonus from a ā­ ā­ ā­ ā­ šŸŽ«. I woke up very early so I decided to do the WC. Got a 5 ā­ šŸŽŸļø for my mileage which yielded a Gr.4 GTR and a Ruf from the 6 ā­ ticket

Today I..

Grinded back to the magical number of 20M.

@kiseca sorry but once I enter my grind trace I cant stop.:sly:
View attachment 1357998

...and I'm at 17.6M, after, I think, 8 runs of Sardegna today. At the end of that my eyes were watering and my forehead has PSRV2 shaped dents in it, so that's all I managed in GT7 today. Oh, and I figured out I can't repaint a 930 turbo without messing up the black trim, and I bought a Renault thingy for the weekly challenge. Hopefully you lost a few credits through holes in your pockets and I'm back in the running again šŸ˜„ dude I almost had you etc

4 more runs to get the McLaren if it doesn't vanish overnight. It's not saying limited stock so I thjnk I'm safe. I can't tell for sure but it sounds like the special picks go on Sundays? If so then I've got another 5 runs on top of that to get the F40 too. Then another two runs for the 959. And a half a run because I want the NSX-R with popups in the used car dealer. And then another two runs (I think) because I got the Carrera GT invitation, though I think I've got plenty of time to pick that up...

At some point I want to put a few half mils aside into GT3s as well so I can start spicing Sardegna up a little by changing cars...

And of course while that's all happening, PD are sure to drop another 20M car that I can't live without in the Legends shop...

Last edited:
...and I'm at 17.6M, after, I think, 8 runs of Sardegna today. At the end of that my eyes were watering and my forehead has PSRV2 shaped dents in it, so that's all I managed in GT7 today. Oh, and I figured out I can't repaint a 930 turbo without messing up the black trim, and I bought a Renault thingy for the weekly challenge. Hopefully you lost a few credits through holes in your pockets and I'm back in the running again šŸ˜„ dude I almost had you etc

4 more runs to get the McLaren if it doesn't vanish overnight. It's not saying limited stock so I thjnk I'm safe. I can't tell for sure but it sounds like the special picks go on Sundays? If so then I've got another 5 runs on top of that to get the F40 too. Then another two runs for the 959. And a half a run because I want the NSX-R with popups in the used car dealer. And then another two runs (I think) because I got the Carrera GT invitation, though I think I've got plenty of time to pick that up...

At some point I want to put a few half mils aside into GT3s as well so I can start spicing Sardegna up a little by changing cars...

And of course while that's all happening, PD are sure to drop another 20M car that I can't live without in the Legends shop...
:lol: I'm up to 27M after a Spa race my go to strategy is Tokyo X3 > Sardegna X3 Spa X1 Repeat.

The f1 should be around till it sells out on sunday night but it'll reapply again in the first week of june I think as a normal lcd car.

Yeah I'll get used to the Tokyo and Spa races so I can cycle between them and get some variety once I've beaten the clock on the F1 and F40. I don't want to waste 30 minutes and get caught out by not reading the weather properly or something.

Did my weekly challenges.
Parts ticket - won a bore up kit for my AMG A63 (which I already have two of)
Car ticket - won a Ford GT race car. (which I also already have two of)

Back